Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    Come on!! Sanchez has been nothing but a good citizen. If his time in NY is up than thank you and see you later. No need to ridicule him.
    This. I don't want him as our starting QB but I thought he was on the right track in becoming a good NFL QB once upon a time. He has sucked the bed this year but the team as a whole has underperformed (players and coaches both) the past two years.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    for all the hate, and vitriol (unless it is more just getting it out of your system, and finally feeling like something might change - then ok), and deserved criticism - sanchez handled this, like he has handled everything that shows what a class act, and team player throughout his ups, and mostly downs.

It was certainly time to sit him down, and like most reasonable people here have suggested, the right guy was put in - greg mcelroy.

It was sanchez's job to lose, and he lost it - fair and square.

I wonder if the offense had tried as hard as they did when greg mcelroy came in, if sanchez wouldn't have been put in the position to have to throw the ball (as horribly as he did, although the int on the shilens deep through was a perfectly thrown ball, but the almost pick-six in the beginning of the 2nd half was too much.

For all the crap rex faces, and deserves, i think it was genius to not let tebow dress because if tebow had won that easily winnable game - it would be much more difficult to dump him next year - although what do i know.

Sanchez was sold-out by trex (maybe woody) by having to go kiss holme's arse - when it was holmes that needed to do the fixing - and then getting tebow was just too much for sanchez - and i think he will never be a productive qb for us again - unless he can get "completely rewired" by starting to see a great therapist, or sports psychologist - and if he is allowed to come in and compete next year - if he finds some inner strength - maybe - he can make a comeback - but that would be a massive task to "wash his brain," and get him back to where he was @ usc and early here.

As much as i, you, all of us would love it if mcelroy was the answer - the longterm answer - but he's not, and tebow is definitely not, and that's why i'd be surprised if tebow is active while mcelroy starts - which, although he was just 5/7 for 29 yards, and 1 td, and an int that was called back - he did get the td, and that's what it took to win.

Still, i will always root for sanchez because of what he was able to help accomplish in his 1st 2 years, and how he has been physically very tough, and always said, and done the right thing, and although we'll never know - this was a very talented kid that was never truly given the effort, and opportunity to see what he might have been with a strong emphasis on offense, and building talent around him.

I wonder if s. Hill makes that excellent, leaping catch on the critical 3rd and 8 on the td drive if mark throws it? If there is one great thing that might come out of this, is perhaps stephen hill "made his bones" in that game when essentially no one else was available. I hope this is the beginning of his development into the type of receiver we haven't had since don maynard, who was fast, allusive, and made great catches without getting his head bashed in like wayne chrebet, and al toon - who i loved both of them, but a 6'4" "super freak all pro athlete*" that stephen hill could become (knock on wood).

*in my dreams, may they become a reality.

Go jets!!!
    this is awesome

vCash
    I know we have been frustrated with Sanchez, but seriously guys, he has been a great citizen and even better teammate. Why bash him? When he has a bad game (Which is pretty much every week) he never throws his O line under the bus, never complains about the inconsistent running game, never calls out the offensive coordinator or lashes out at the media. He has been a stand up guy his entire time here. Yes, he has seriously regressed since his first two years, but even after getting benched he has had a good attitude. If he is on his way out of here I'll be happy, but I thank him for his time and work. You don't bash the "Good Guys"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MLB2K10King View Post
    I know we have been frustrated with Sanchez, but seriously guys, he has been a great citizen and even better teammate. Why bash him? When he has a bad game (Which is pretty much every week) he never throws his O line under the bus, never complains about the inconsistent running game, never calls out the offensive coordinator or lashes out at the media. He has been a stand up guy his entire time here. Yes, he has seriously regressed since his first two years, but even after getting benched he has had a good attitude. If he is on his way out of here I'll be happy, but I thank him for his time and work. You don't bash the "Good Guys"
    Some people need to bash others to make themselves feel better about their own pathetic lives. Taking shots at a guy when he's down is pathetic, but not surprising.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MLB2K10King View Post
    I would rather laugh with the sinners than cry with saints.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    people calling out sanchez for being a loser...does anyone remember when everyone was so stoked because he was a WINNER for us with talent? he may have had 3 mediocre quarters, but then would lead his team down the field and win games which came down to the wire?

i have defended him many times...i do think it is time for a change. i just wish we could have seen what could have been with a FO committed to building around a young QB. sanchez was more than serviceable with talent and we forced cotch and braylon out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    Gotta admit, he looked damn good holding that clipboard. If there was a clipboard holding competition, jesus be damned if he didn't at least place.
    Doesn't he get to hold the football on extra points as well?????Great now he is gonna fumble extra points and field goals for us to

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123