Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Man, every time there's a little hope they get another wide open look and I feel that much worse.

vCash
    Really hoping we can get a positive out of this one. Maybe Moultrie can show Doug something to open his eyes a bit.

vCash
    7-19 from Turner 5-13 from Holiday, just too many long twos against an undersized back-court.

vCash
    Hawes got bailed on the goaltend - looked like it was going to be an airball.

vCash
    Minny with their best night from the arc all season long. This is the type of game that would get a team going offensively.

vCash
    Man, how do we expect to compete with Boston twice this weekend after getting dominated end to end by the T-Wolves back court. It's not even like they man-handled us down low.

vCash
    Hate to say it too, but we need Nick Young back haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy76 View Post
    Man, how do we expect to compete with Boston twice this weekend after getting dominated end to end by the T-Wolves back court. It's not even like they man-handled us down low.
    Which has been their weakness this entire season. Not to mention they are depleted.

How do we compete with Boston though? Dust ourselves off and move on this is a long season and it's just one game. This is a test of our ability to rebound from being dominated.

vCash
    Hawes should go to the D-League

vCash
    Moultrie should play more. He goes up hard unlike any other on this team.

vCash
    17 points doesn't do justice to how bad we were tonight.

vCash
    Has anyone else started to notice, even dating back to last year, that Spencer Hawes seems to be our "X Factor"? And I'm not saying he's good...

But it just seems that when I remember back on games where Hawes plays well, when he's active, moving around on the floor, involved on offense, and gets hot with his shots, that's when we play best as a team. When Hawes is flat and not involved in the game too much, and sucking, that's when things look ugly.

Really not trying to give Hawes too much credit here, but if you think about it and remember back on certain games over the last year or so, it just seems that when Hawes steps up the entire team plays so much better. It's kind of funny. Like when Jrue, or Turner, or Thad have monster games, it doesn't necessarily mean the rest of the team plays well. Hawes though - the X Factor haha...

vCash
    The big issue in my mind with Hawes....if he isn't playing a significant role in the half court offense, that tends to diminish his value a bit. Because we all know he can be deficient at times on the boards and defending the low post. So I'm hoping the Sixers...with the roster changes and half court offensive changes...can figure out how to get Hawes more consistently involved in the half court offense.

There might be a legitimate reason for your xfactor feelings....
    Against Chicago in the post season last year he averaged 11.5 points on >50% shooting.
    Against Boston he averaged 7.4 points on 41% shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash

Game 18 (12-4-12): Sixers (10-7) vs. Timberwolves (7-8)

Hawes is just so inconsistent.... And he doesnt rebound the way he needs to.

He seems too irratic at times.

At least hes in shape! Lol

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I think he needs a structured half court offense where he gets his touches while he is under control. He doesn't always get that playing alongside Wayns/Wright/NYoung. I like Hawes in an offensive role off the bench, but I'd try to keep almost all of his minutes with Jrue if possible....and try to focus on making Hawes/Jrue work as a pick and pop combo.

That should help a bit with the consistency.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast