Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game 18 (12-4-12): Sixers (10-7) vs. Timberwolves (7-8)

Injury Report

Philadelphia
    Andrew Bynum, C: Out (knees)
    Nick Young, G: Questionable (toe)

Timberwolves
    Chase Budinger, F: Out (knee)
    Andrei Kirilenko, F: Questionable (back)
    Malcolm Lee, G: Questionable (groin)
    Brandon Roy, G: Out (knee)
    Ricky Rubio, G: Out (knee)

vCash
    Another game where we have a fairly significant advantage in the backcourt, and a fairly significant disadvantage in the front court... I'm getting tired of these game where we get outrebounded by 15-20 boards, but with Love coming to town we probably will have to face that again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Another game where we have a fairly significant advantage in the backcourt, and a fairly significant disadvantage in the front court... I'm getting tired of these game where we get outrebounded by 15-20 boards, but with Love coming to town we probably will have to face that again.
    As long as we win who cares.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    As long as we win who cares.
    Are you being serious or sarcastic? Because it's a huge flaw in our team...? And will prevent us from winning games against actual teams down the road, not the Bobcats, the Suns, and the Hornets of the world.

vCash
    Are you being serious or sarcastic? Because it's a huge flaw in our team...? And will prevent us from winning games against actual teams down the road, not the Bobcats, the Suns, and the Hornets of the world.
    Yeah I'm being serious. I should flip it around and ask you are you being serious. You are seriously going to be upset that we get outrebounded and win? I don't care about getting outrebounded because that's the obstacle we face especially without Bynum. Winning is all that matters. And don't care that it was against the Bobcats, Suns, whoever. Those teams that can and have beaten other NBA teams. People like you need to get a reality check and pull yourself in about this team right now. We aren't a top elite team but getting the wins we've gotten so far are a tremendous bonus. Enjoy it and stop being a whiner because we are getting outrebounded. 'Wahhhh!! we're getting outrebounded I want my money back.' WTF.
    Last edited by bootsy; 12-03-2012 at 04:27 PM.

vCash

Rebounding is really important.....

?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Rebounding is really important.....

?
    Winning is more important. Wayyy more important.

Games won where we were outrebounded: 6
    Games won where we weren't outrebounded: 4
    Games lost where we were outrebounded: 4
    Games lost where we weren't outrebounded: 3

As you can see there is no real pattern in the reason why we win or lose games. However I do notice that we've won over half of our games where we were outrebounded. The point of this who the **** cares, win the ****ing game.
    Last edited by bootsy; 12-03-2012 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    Still can't tell if he's being serious or not...

So long as we have a 10-7 record against a joke of a schedule, we shouldn't bother improving on what is by far our greatest weakness (25th in the league in rebounding differential) because we've won 6 whole games already against crappy teams when we got outrebounded. I have no right to care about that as long as we're 10-7. Gotcha.

Hey all, we're 28th in the league at free throw attempts too. But we're 10-7, so we shouldn't care about that. If we improve in that area it won't make a difference to winning or losing. So don't bother worrying about it.

And by the way, there's no correlation to rebounding and getting to the line and winning games. Everything you've ever learned about basketball is completely wrong.

I hope you catch the sarcasm this time. I'm laying it on pretty thick.

vCash

Rebounding and winning are directly correlated.....

I dont get this guy, is he joking?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Gonna be their with my dad for his bday they better god damn win haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Rebounding and winning are directly correlated.....

I dont get this guy, is he joking?
    Good Lord man I just pointed out to you that it's not. Here read again over and over.

Winning is more important. Wayyy more important.

Games won where we were outrebounded: 6
    Games won where we weren't outrebounded: 4
    Games lost where we were outrebounded: 4
    Games lost where we weren't outrebounded: 3

As you can see there is no real pattern in the reason why we win or lose games. However I do notice that we've won over half of our games where we were outrebounded. The point of this who the **** cares, win the ****ing game.

vCash
    Still can't tell if he's being serious or not...

So long as we have a 10-7 record against a joke of a schedule, we shouldn't bother improving on what is by far our greatest weakness (25th in the league in rebounding differential) because we've won 6 whole games already against crappy teams when we got outrebounded. I have no right to care about that as long as we're 10-7. Gotcha.

Hey all, we're 28th in the league at free throw attempts too. But we're 10-7, so we shouldn't care about that. If we improve in that area it won't make a difference to winning or losing. So don't bother worrying about it.

And by the way, there's no correlation to rebounding and getting to the line and winning games. Everything you've ever learned about basketball is completely wrong.

I hope you catch the sarcasm this time. I'm laying it on pretty thick.
    No dude I'm completely joking. I just gave you FACTs that point out that outrebounding doesn't guarantee anything win or lose. It's you and your buddy are ignoring facts and just saying 'who cares we believe what we want to believe'.

vCash
    Good Lord man I just pointed out to you that it's not. Here read again over and over.
    You pointed out that over a tiny sample size against a creampuff schedule we can still win games even when we suck at rebounding. That isn't the same as showing that rebounding isn't correlated with winning.

This conversation is surreal.

vCash

Haha seriously I can't believe this is a real conversation

vCash

Its not a real conversation, it didnt really happen.

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast