Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 153
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,080
    vCash
    1500
    I think LeBron could cure cancer and solve world hunger in the same day and people would hate him.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    35,537
    vCash
    1500
    Anyone who still hasn't forgiven LeBron for "the decision" clearly hasnt paid attention to the NBA over the past 3 years. Dwight is way easier to hate at this point.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,831
    vCash
    1500
    Usain Bolt's feat is like a dynasty for sprinting. His athletic feats this year are better than Lebron's straight up.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,831
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    wasn't on purpose lol. I mean, the dude is a dominant sprinter. Arguably the most dominant of all time. But he year long success doesn't stack up against the attrition LeBron had to deal with.
    What??? What he achieved was way more historical than LeBron.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,080
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    What??? What he achieved was way more historical than LeBron.
    I get the Bolt arguments, they simply don't stack up for me. Bolt competed for a couple of weeks, LeBron for months to earn this.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,831
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I agree with Hawkeye. Bolt is the greatest sprinter ever, but he doesn't have to deal with half of the pressure or media attention that Lebron does. It's a sport that gets worldwide attention once every four years and then no one cares again for the next three. Lebron was spectacular all season long and had one of the greatest redemption seasons of any professional athlete in the history of any sport. Also, Bolt's dominance was expected, whereas Lebron was at a point where most people almost expected him to fail.
    I don't know about that argument, so he could win 6 medals and break all the world records in track and it won't mean jack?

    How do you know he doesn't have pressure? Bolt needs to sustain success for endorsements. His time-span to make money is way shorter than LeBron's. MJ is still milking money nowadays, Carl Lewis might get a free meal and drinks wherever he goes.

    How do we know how much pressure he has in Jamaica? I personally don't know, but sprinting is a religion there just as soccer in Brazil and Football in America.

    It wasn't a foregone conclusion that he would win the 100m sprint. Yohan Blake was a real challenger.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,080
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I don't know about that argument, so he could win 6 medals and break all the world records in track and it won't mean jack?

    How do you know he doesn't have pressure? Bolt needs to sustain success for endorsements. His time-span to make money is way shorter than LeBron's. MJ is still milking money nowadays, Carl Lewis might get a free meal and drinks wherever he goes.

    How do we know how much pressure he has in Jamaica? I personally don't know, but sprinting is a religion there just as soccer in Brazil and Football in America.
    there is no way on earth any athlete had the scrutiny and pressure LeBron did in 2011-12'.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,831
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    there is no way on earth any athlete had the scrutiny and pressure LeBron did in 2011-12'.
    Pressure is subjective to how the individual handles it. A genuine Zen master is never pressured. Some athletes live for the moment, they may not be as physically gifted or talented as James, but some people can block out outside noise better than others.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,080
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Pressure is subjective to how the individual handles it. A genuine Zen master is never pressured.
    That doesn't matter. What matters is the voters felt that way obviously. That a year of attrition after all the negativity towards LeBron warranted the award, after he won MVP, Finals MVP, a championship, and a gold medal in a 10 month period.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,709
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ballbomber View Post
    please save me this garbage and wipe the fecal matter on the side of your chops.......Besides, bro quitting & short-cutting in his prime aren't the only reason people still regard him as a douche cake. He did plenty throughout his career that put a bad taste in peoples mouths even before the aforementioned actions. One title in a shortened season ain't gone cut it. Sorry, try again.
    one bullet left.. you and lebron alone in a back alley way would you pull the trigger???

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,831
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    That doesn't matter. What matters is the voters felt that way obviously. That a year of attrition after all the negativity towards LeBron warranted the award, after he won MVP, Finals MVP, a championship, and a gold medal in a 10 month period.
    Well if he done more off the court, I'll give him that but I firmly believe what Bolt has done is more difficult even if you only give him credit for a few weeks. You know track runs for nearly half a year indoor and outdoor.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,429
    vCash
    2100
    I think he's completely deserving, and I hate the guy. Can't really complain about this one.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,794
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ballbomber View Post
    please save me this garbage and wipe the fecal matter on the side of your chops.......Besides, bro quitting & short-cutting in his prime aren't the only reason people still regard him as a douche cake. He did plenty throughout his career that put a bad taste in peoples mouths even before the aforementioned actions. One title in a shortened season ain't gone cut it. Sorry, try again.
    See, the thing is... You're from Australia, which means you probably spend your days sniffing koala butts, and sucking dingo balls, so your opinion doesn't really matter.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,831
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    i think they all have remarkable resumes, but im fine with any choice. im just glad they chose someone that plays one of my favorite sports.

    2000 Tiger Woods
    2001 Curt Schilling, Randy Johnson
    2002 Lance Armstrong Cycling
    2003 David Robinson, Tim Duncan
    2004 Boston Red Sox (the whole team lol)
    2005 Tom Brady
    2006 Dwyane Wade
    2007 Brett Favre
    2008 Michael Phelps
    2009 Derek Jeter
    2010 Drew Brees
    2011 Mike Krzyzewski
    2012 LeBron James

    crazy how 4 NBA players have been named since the 2000s. phenomenal list.
    If Bolt was American, he'd probably have more consideration. I don't see any foreigners on the list.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,831
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    But one thing about sprinters is that their numbers never stand the test of time. He'll always have the golds and he's certainly the greatest among his peers and his era, but someone will undoubtedly come along in the next 10-20 years and best faster. It's inevitable.

    But I would argue that players of team sports DO stand the test of time, because their numbers, individual and team accomplishments can be measured among athletes that came decades before them.
    Olympic sprinting has been around for over 100 years and no one has ever repeated as 100m & 200m champ. So what Bolt achieved does stand out historically. What he did was a first/last time feat.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •