Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Still don't get how a guy leaving a team in FREE AGENCY is cowardly.

When my two year "contract" is up at my job, I fully plan on going somewhere else where I can work with better people and be more successful. Am I therefore a coward?

Why is it that he is the first player ever to leave in free agency and thus be a coward?

3ballbomber with an utterly horrendous post. Congrats!
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    WELL DESERVED. Stop hating on the King. He's a great teammate and demonstrates sportsmanship. He barked at Mario Chalmers when they were playing the Lakers because Chalmers was going to shoot at the end of the game. The shot clock was going to expire before the game clock and Lebron still told him not to shoot. If that's not sportsmanship, I don't know what is.

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    People rip Lebron for playing with star players instead of sticking with a franchise that failed for years to get him a decent supporting cast, but how many other all-time greats won titles without other all-time greats? Aside from Hakeem in 94 and arguably the 2004 Pistons team, none. Criticizing a guy for playing with other great players and calling him a quitter is completely ignorant, and you're clearly not very knowledgeable about the history of the league.

please save me this garbage and wipe the fecal matter on the side of your chops.......Besides, bro quitting & short-cutting in his prime aren't the only reason people still regard him as a douche cake. He did plenty throughout his career that put a bad taste in peoples mouths even before the aforementioned actions. One title in a shortened season ain't gone cut it. Sorry, try again.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post

When my two year "contract" is up at my job, I fully plan on going somewhere else where I can work with better people and be more successful. Am I therefore a coward?

Why is it that he is the first player ever to leave in free agency and thus be a coward?

I agree 100%. I can't stand the misplaced and unwarranted hatred of Lebron. He's an all around great human being.

I think people are just jealous. I can't stand it when Laker fans say oh if you're a Laker fan then you have to hate Lebron and the Heat. It's completely ridiculous and makes us all look bad.

Maybe they're afraid he might wind up being the ALL TIME GREATEST.

The "Lakers Nation" facebook page was making posts clowning the Heat for having 2 rings, calling it "cute". Pretty nauseating.
    Last edited by lakersfan01; 12-03-2012 at 07:26 PM.

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

vCash

I actually just put in my two weeks notice at my job to move to a company that will pay me more money, is in a much better position in my industry, where I will have to do less work and where I can work with a friend and former coworker. I suppose I'm a coward, but I'll be a much happier coward.

vCash
    you darn cowards!!! how dare you think of your future and what suits you well as an individual?????!!!

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ballbomber View Post
    please save me this garbage and wipe the fecal matter on the side of your chops.......Besides, bro quitting & short-cutting in his prime aren't the only reason people still regard him as a douche cake. He did plenty throughout his career that put a bad taste in peoples mouths even before the aforementioned actions. One title in a shortened season ain't gone cut it. Sorry, try again.
    Yes, there's poo in my mouth and winning a shortened season totally diminishes his title. Great points. You should be on PTI with awesome takes like that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    People rip Lebron for playing with star players instead of sticking with a franchise that failed for years to get him a decent supporting cast, but how many other all-time greats won titles without other all-time greats? Aside from Hakeem in 94 and arguably the 2004 Pistons team, none. Criticizing a guy for playing with other great players and calling him a quitter is completely ignorant, and you're clearly not very knowledgeable about the history of the league.

I wasn't criticizing him for what he did, that is an argument for another time, I was simply pointing out that he had a tremendously stacked go of it from a team-standpoint perspective.

Also, who called him a quitter? Seems to me you're arguing a pre-conceived notion of this argument rather than the ones I'm making...

Being the first to do something doesn't necessarily make what you did more impressive than doing what someone else did. I would argue that while sprinting is a classical sport worthy of praise, sprinting requires FAR less skill than basketball, football, baseball, etc. I have no doubt that there are some world class sprinters player professional sports, but who opted to make more money and train to use their speed in another way.

Tiger and Phelps are anomalies, not the norm. What Tiger did completely redefined the game. He took a niche sport and MADE it popular. As for Phelps, I would argue that his accomplishments in 2008 far outweigh what Bolt did this year. He also has more medals than any athlete in the history of the Olympics.

True enough, but Phelps didn't have the most medals in history back when he won the award, you're using hindsight bias...

Also, it's worth noting that both of those athletes are American, as is Lebron. ESPN predominantly focuses on American sports. It's only natural than an American athlete would win something like this over a Jamaican athlete if the accomplishments were equally impressive.

There isn't any way to prove it, but MJ's numbers from his prime have lasted for more than a decade and for Lebron to touch MJ, he'll need at least another 5-6 years and a number of team and individual achievements. That's two decades worth of separation. And before MJ, there had never been anyone close to his statistical level of dominance.

I'm not going to get into that because it's been beaten to death, but I just wanted to say how I love that you've boiled it down to such a simple idea, completely disregarding the context of his exit, which is what most people were mad at him about...
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'm not going to get into that because it's been beaten to death, but I just wanted to say how I love that you've boiled it down to such a simple idea, completely disregarding the context of his exit, which is what most people were mad at him about...
    Going on TV and announcing you're leaving is not "cowardly". It can be perceived as many other things, but you can't use that to say he is a coward.

No context is needed really, if we're discussing cowardliness.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    I wasn't criticizing him for what he did, that is an argument for another time, I was simply pointing out that he had a tremendously stacked go of it from a team-standpoint perspective.

Also, who called him a quitter? Seems to me you're arguing a pre-conceived notion of this argument rather than the ones I'm making...
    Lol. Dude, reread my post. That comment was directed toward another poster.

True enough, but Phelps didn't have the most medals in history back when he won the award, you're using hindsight bias...
    No, but I believe he won the most gold medals ever in a single Olympic games. That's pretty amazing.

Also, not to nitpick, but you've gotta learn how to break up quotes, because it's really hard to respond to your posts. If you want to respond to a specific part of a post, just click the little quote symbol on the bar above the text box. And if you want to end a quote early to address the first part of a post, just add [/quote] to that portion.

vCash
    My boy Lbeezy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ballbomber View Post
    K. Good thing LeBron doesnt care what you think, nor know of you.

vCash
    Is "how much people care" one of the criteria for selection?..
    in a voting award, um, yes.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash

It boggles my mind honestly. HE FULFILLED HIS CONTRACT, and was basically unemployed. He had the right to do what so many players have done over the past number of decades, and sign with whatever team he wanted.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    did you read the article?

"Did I think an award like this was possible two years ago?" James says. "No, I did not. I thought I would be helping a lot of kids and raise $3 million by going on TV and saying, 'Hey, I want to play for the Miami Heat.' But it affected far more people than I imagined. I know it wasn't on the level of an injury or an addiction, but it was something I had to recover from. I had to become a better person, a better player, a better father, a better friend, a better mentor and a better leader. I've changed, and I think people have started to understand who I really am."
    He is fully aware that it was a mistake. He actually had good intentions, but was naive, and surrounded by the wrong people. You don't think at this point he is past all that? Or is it you, and some other fans that can't get over it?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast