Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    no brainer imo. MVP, Finals MVP, Championship, gold medal. That is completely dominating a sport, from top to bottom.

Article is pretty good.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Uh... 3 gold medals at the Olympics, including setting the World Record in the 400M and the Olympic Record in the 100M.

ONLY man in HISTORY to successfully defend the 100M AND 200M gold medals.

7th straight Title in the 100M AND 200M.

All done this year.
    now can you also tell me what has he done off field?

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    There wasn't another option even

vCash
    Dwayne wade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    now can you also tell me what has he done off field?
    http://usainbolt.com/foundation/

vCash
    dude all stars have foundations lol even reggie bush, but what has he done last year that is remarkable?
    if you read the article it shows countless things lebron has done off the field and on the field as well.

hmm.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    no brainer imo. MVP, Finals MVP, Championship, gold medal. That is completely dominating a sport, from top to bottom.

Article is pretty good.
    It's really not fair to put the Olympic Gold Medal as a major accomplishment given how dominant Team USA is over their competition.

In my opinion, LBJ could have stayed home and the Team USA roster would STILL have dominated the other teams.

There wasn't a team in the Olympics that could have stopped Durant, Melo, Harden, etc, etc.

vCash
    Well deserved.

vCash
    It's really not fair to put the Olympic Gold Medal as a major accomplishment given how dominant Team USA is over their competition.

In my opinion, LBJ could have stayed home and the Team USA roster would STILL have dominated the other teams.

There wasn't a team in the Olympics that could have stopped Durant, Melo, Harden, etc, etc.
    Its still hanging in LeBron's trophy case. Therefore it counts.

I get you are trying to make a case for Bolt. That is fine. LeBron's dominance in a team sport, and ability to do everything in the sport well, adding in his off court contributions, won him this award.

Bolt is amazing at what he does. Running a short distance really fast. But it was LeBron's award this year.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Its still hanging in LeBron's trophy case. Therefore it counts.

I get you are trying to make a case for Bolt. That is fine. LeBron's dominance in a team sport, and ability to do everything in the sport well, adding in his off court contributions, won him this award.

Bolt is amazing at what he does. Running a short distance really fast. But it was LeBron's award this year.
    Way to make what Bolt does look so minimal lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    wasn't on purpose lol. I mean, the dude is a dominant sprinter. Arguably the most dominant of all time. But he year long success doesn't stack up against the attrition LeBron had to deal with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Agreed. Not that LeBron was an undeserving person to win it, I just think that the Olympics only come around once every 4 years and so it's not like these Olympians have a lot of opportunities to win this award, and to do something like what Bolt did or Phelps was incredible, yet they aren't one of the "major" sports so ESPN apparently doesn't care...
    If anything, the Olympics is all the more reason to give it to Lebron. He was without a doubt the No. 1 player on a USA basketball team that owned the Olympics. When you throw that in with him winning the MVP and the Finals MVP, there's only one other guy in the history of the sport to accomplish that feat: Michael Jordan. If that isn't worthy of Sportman of the Year, then I don't know what is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    wasn't on purpose lol. I mean, the dude is a dominant sprinter. Arguably the most dominant of all time. But he year long success doesn't stack up against the attrition LeBron had to deal with.
    I agree with Hawkeye. Bolt is the greatest sprinter ever, but he doesn't have to deal with half of the pressure or media attention that Lebron does. It's a sport that gets worldwide attention once every four years and then no one cares again for the next three. Lebron was spectacular all season long and had one of the greatest redemption seasons of any professional athlete in the history of any sport. Also, Bolt's dominance was expected, whereas Lebron was at a point where most people almost expected him to fail.

vCash
    pathetic he beat all of these fantastic sports figures yet he's given an award for winning a championship and MVP in which they didn't even play a full season
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JiffyMix88 View Post
    pathetic he beat all of these fantastic sports figures yet he's given an award for winning a championship and MVP in which they didn't even play a full season
    What the hell does that have to do with anything? Every single NBA player was under the same 66-game restriction? How does that diminish in any way what Lebron or the Heat accomplished?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast