Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    you may hate Pettigrew but he is better than any TE the Bears have and is still a top 10 TE. its the same as Packers fans hating their TE. yea you can hate him but he is still a mismatch that draws attention that is still considered a top TE
    That's the problem with Pertigrew, he always has mismatches and drops the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    That's the problem with Pertigrew, he always has mismatches and drops the ball.
    yea i didnt say i liked him lol.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    I love how Welker never gets any love whatsoever, yet all he does is lea the world in receptions constantly. Guy is a catch machine and moves the chains.
    dont look at me i mentioned Welker in my first post in this thread. you have no idea how thrilled ill be if the Pats dont resign him
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Best this year:

1. Calvin Johnson
    2. A.J. Green
    3. Reggie Wayne
    4. Demaryius Thomas
    5. Brandon Marshall
    no Andre Johnson?

he's taken some hits yard wise so that the team wins, but he does more than hold his own. far better than a couple on the names on this list. 273 yards three weeks ago? followed up with 188? he can put up big yards with the best of them.

vCash
    If the Texans had no run game, I really think Andre Johnson would have even more beastly stats. I love Calvin Johnson, but If I had to pick a WR to be on my team in the playoffs it would be Andre Johnson and I wouldn't feel bad about it
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Calvin is the best. He has made Stafford into the average-at-best QB that Stafford currently is.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    If the Texans had no run game, I really think Andre Johnson would have even more beastly stats. I love Calvin Johnson, but If I had to pick a WR to be on my team in the playoffs it would be Andre Johnson and I wouldn't feel bad about it
    "Keep running it down their throats" - Andre to Kubiak several times this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSideRookie View Post
    "Keep running it down their throats" - Andre to Kubiak several times this season.
    ok........??
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    ok........??
    Just like you said. If the Texans had no running game. Kubiak has made mention in his presser that Andre has gone up to him during games and told him to keep running it, he has no problem at this stage in his career deferring to what's working during a particular game. He just wants to win. Like someone else said, Andre can still put up big numbers with the best of them if he wanted to.

I was mostly agreeing with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    People don't want to give Roddy White or Julio Jones their respect because of numbers. They are on the same team and have dominated every secondary they have faced. Yes Brandon Marshall is the best, he is actually a good friend of mine who I played High School basketball and football with
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLPRIMETIME21 View Post
    People don't want to give Roddy White or Julio Jones their respect because of numbers. They are on the same team and have dominated every secondary they have faced. Yes Brandon Marshall is the best, he is actually a good friend of mine who I played High School basketball and football with
    Good point. I think 8-10 WR's have the ability to be the best in the league depending on their team. Megatron is amazing but Stafford tosses him 20 passes a game. Larry FItzgerald for instance had the same thing with Kurt Warner and he was considered the best at that time. Put any of the top 10 WR's in the league in CJ's place and I think they would put close to the same numbers.

Not to take anything away from CJ. He is the best WR this season by far but his situation helps him alot.

13-3 UNDERDOGS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HT9Canada View Post
    Good point. I think 8-10 WR's have the ability to be the best in the league depending on their team. Megatron is amazing but Stafford tosses him 20 passes a game. Larry FItzgerald for instance had the same thing with Kurt Warner and he was considered the best at that time. Put any of the top 10 WR's in the league in CJ's place and I think they would put close to the same numbers.

Not to take anything away from CJ. He is the best WR this season by far but his situation helps him alot.
    They went over this a few pages ago

153 targets 88 receptions
    138 targets 91 receptions
    144 targets 86 receptions

Those are the top 3 receivers. Calvin's in the middle target wise (last on list above). Top is Wayne, middle is Marshall.

And I don't think his situation is all that great. Safeties playing deep to prevent the big play, safety over the top on like 96% of snaps, getting tripled in the endzone and sometimes lining up 2 guys to try and stuff him at the line and best of all no one stepping up to take any pressure off him. Everyone knows the ball is going to Calvin and they still can't stop him, that to me is what makes him the best.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    They went over this a few pages ago

153 targets 88 receptions
    138 targets 91 receptions
    144 targets 86 receptions

Those are the top 3 receivers. Calvin's in the middle target wise (last on list above). Top is Wayne, middle is Marshall.

And I don't think his situation is all that great. Safeties playing deep to prevent the big play, safety over the top on like 96% of snaps, getting tripled in the endzone and sometimes lining up 2 guys to try and stuff him at the line and best of all no one stepping up to take any pressure off him. Everyone knows the ball is going to Calvin and they still can't stop him, that to me is what makes him the best.
    Exactly, that's why they are considered the best right now.

I use Larry FItzgerald as an example because he was looked at as one of if not the best a few years ago but because of bad quarterback play this year he doesn't get quite the recognition.

123 targets 56 receptions

What the numbers don't say is how brutal some of those imcompletions are from bad passes etc. as do the other WR's.

I'm not disagreeing with you, some WR's are better than others but QB play has a lot to do with it. As does Oline since the QB might not have enough time to do a 3 step drop and get the reciever some time to make a move on the DB.

13-3 UNDERDOGS

vCash
    By looking at the stats for 2012, CJ is the best. I believe that CJ is the best hands down.

And I hate the Lions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HT9Canada View Post
    Exactly, that's why they are considered the best right now.

I use Larry FItzgerald as an example because he was looked at as one of if not the best a few years ago but because of bad quarterback play this year he doesn't get quite the recognition.

123 targets 56 receptions

What the numbers don't say is how brutal some of those imcompletions are from bad passes etc. as do the other WR's.

I'm not disagreeing with you, some WR's are better than others but QB play has a lot to do with it. As does Oline since the QB might not have enough time to do a 3 step drop and get the reciever some time to make a move on the DB.
    Fitz put up great numbers last year with crappy QBs, Just like Calvin did in 2008 where Detroit used 5 different QBs. you should still be able to put up respectable numbers. Fitz just has not this year.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast