Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Kris Durham and other PS Callups

I thought Kris Durham played well considering he hasn't gotten many reps with starters all season and I think the four games of experience with the offense could be really good for his future with the team.

Calling up players from the practice squad can go a long way towards getting young players antiquated with the team and ready for next season. Now that the playoffs are out of the picture and it never hurts to have better draft positioning are we looking at more potential call ups like Kris Durham. Two guys I really like are Shaun Kappas and Rodney Austin. I really believe that we have been handicapped all season without a FB. While the position is less valued than before it dosen't justify not having one on the roster. Kappas is a solid pass catcher and has the same history as Durham with Stafford. Cut Stefan Logan, he can't catch kicks, maybe Titus Young wouldn't have been such a baby if we let him return punts and we'd have a FB on the roster. Most importantly this is why Scott Linehan needs to be fired.

Aside from that there needs to be another call up or two and seeing if we got something of value here. If we don't find them a roster spot another team can swoop them up like we did with Joique Bell last season.

Thoughts?'

vCash
    he started out good.. then sucked.. that one hander was last thing he cought i think
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Nah he had 4 receptions, wasn't that one hander his first?

vCash
    he needs work yes...he did not run the correct routes and there were other issues that can be ironed out. Only time will tell if he makes it in the pros but atleast he has the remainder of the season to prove himself worthy of a roster spot.

that one handed catch was amazing

vCash
    His first game had it's ups and downs. Let him go through Training Camp, Mini-Camp, Preseason next year and see what happens.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Durham is horrible. Yeah he made one nice catch but he was running routes poorly and looked lost out there, he's a PS bum.

vCash
    A couple of his misses weren't thrown very well to him.

I thought considering the situation he was thrust into he did pretty well myself. He's not going to be a pro bowler any time soon...but could definitely see him playing a role later down the road providing size mismatches in the slot. Definitely showed he has the athleticism to make a play. Don't know much about his work ethic or anything, but mixing in a guy who worked his way up the depth chart from the practice squad (regardless of the circumstances) is definitely a breath of fresh air after the Titus debacle.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    Nah he had 4 receptions, wasn't that one hander his first?
    was at lest 2nd or 3rd... me and my dad where talking about how well he was doing befor that

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Durham is horrible. Yeah he made one nice catch but he was running routes poorly and looked lost out there, he's a PS bum.
    While I agree with what you said, well most of it. Lets not forget he was going up some very good corners in his debut (Shields, Heyward and Tramon for a few snaps). Give him time, he's not going to come out and save the offense. Lets not forget we were without our starting TE, #2,3,4 receivers.

I thought he did alright, i'm sure he'll improve over time.

vCash
    as far as i think he did good, like someone also said he was facing a good team, not having started before in the pros looked good, he does need work, but in practice, most of them practice squad guys never see even practice reps unless its scout team whatever, but even then you have a bum qb, not stafford

he looked extremely athletic, and great hops for a white guy, build more muscle mass/add little more weight he could be a solid replacement for titus, his size along with cj is a db mismatch and a red zone target

vCash
    Whats up with Chad Johnson, I know he was problems but we need some kind of players. We need to bring some guys in VIA F.A next season, bc we didnt do jack last season.
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    to old... dont have money

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

vCash
    I think durham did pretty well for not even being on the actual team for a week, Let him practice all week and i bet he improves by game.. Just needs some more time with the offense and he could be good.. lets all hope anyway