Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    2011 was a fluke imo. I'd expect something similar to 2010/2012 production. I expect him to be a 2.5 WAR player going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Sox are definitely going for power over speed.
    Yeah hard to believe they picked a power hitting 1B over a fast one.

vCash
    I don't really think this signing changes much in the division, but if the first in a series of significant acquisitions then I think it's a decent move. If it ends up being the most splashy move the Red Sox make this winter, then I really don't see the point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Gruber View Post
    I thought Boston was happy to let their super prospects develop and win championships like clock-work in 3 years?

I do like this signing for Boston. Napoli can rake and he'll fit in nicely at Fenway. Don't know how great it will look in a couple years and he's pretty limited everywhere else besides at the dish, but Red Sox fans shouldn't be complaining.
    What super prospects are you talking about? We have a few good ones, but no super over the top amazing ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Gruber View Post
    I thought Boston was happy to let their super prospects develop and win championships like clock-work in 3 years?

I do like this signing for Boston. Napoli can rake and he'll fit in nicely at Fenway. Don't know how great it will look in a couple years and he's pretty limited everywhere else besides at the dish, but Red Sox fans shouldn't be complaining.
    There's no good 1B in our system, and we didn't give up a draft pick. This makes no sense at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KushCubs View Post
    2011 was a fluke imo. I'd expect something similar to 2010/2012 production. I expect him to be a 2.5 WAR player going forward.
    Same i think he hovers around the 3 WAR area. We'll see how his defense is there since he will be at 1B 90%+ of the time.

By the way, his second half OPS was .925. Lol not that thats gonna happen
    Last edited by Nomar; 12-03-2012 at 01:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    LOL why would he be mad? Because you guys signed Napoli? Yeah, he's furious... rofl.

It's an ok deal for Boston if he hits like he did in 2011. If he hits like last year though, it surely won't be worth it.

I also have to think - if this is all it took, why didn't the Rangers make a bigger play? Maybe they are close to acquiring a catcher or maybe they just weren't as high on him as Boston was.... seems a little strange to me but no matter - Napoli can mash at Fenway, but this signing isn't without a lot of risk. I don't really like it for Boston just based on where they are currently in their rebuild effort, but it could turn out to be a good signing, time will tell.
    If he hits like he did in 2011, it's an amazing deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    ok fine, he made 7,125,000 last year and hit 19 dingers and 61 rbi while batting under the mendoza line. So lets say $4 mill? Is that fair? So 35 mill less. Either way, he just needs to revert to 2011 form and he may very well do that considering fenway is teeny tiny.
    Fenway is not teeny tiny. It's short in LF, but you have to hit it over the monster. It's huge in RF, unless you can curve it around Pesky's pole.
    Last edited by Green_Monster; 12-03-2012 at 02:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    Fenway is not teeny tiny. It's short in LF, if you can curve it around Pesky's pole, but then it extends way out from there.
    Fenway has the biggest RF in baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Yeah hard to believe they picked a power hitting 1B over a fast one.
    I just blew up in a facepalm laughing at this, ****** eh Nomar! Them speedy first baseman are usually a dime a dozen.
    Toronto fans, lol.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

French Canadian Eugenie Bouchard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    I just blew up in a facepalm laughing at this, ****** eh Nomar! Them speedy first baseman are usually a dime a dozen.
    Toronto fans, lol.
    Clearly power hitting first basemen are a rare commodity.

12. 12-03-2012, 02:38 PM
    Reason
    Insults, last warning for this, stop it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    Toronto fans, lol.
    Well they did just pull off a blockbuster to have a legit shot at contending for the first time in almost 20 years. Clearly this makes them the experts on how to build a future dynasty.

vCash
    $13 mil a year for a first baseman who hits .220 with 25 homers seems a little much, no offense.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Well they did just pull off a blockbuster to have a legit shot at contending for the first time in almost 20 years. Clearly this makes them the experts on how to build a future dynasty.
    It was one idiot, who didn't even say anything even remotely insulting about it (just stupid).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post
    $13 mil a year for a first baseman who hits .220 with 25 homers seems a little much, no offense.
    You bring up his average yet don't post his .343 OBP or .469 SLG.

You also don't mention the fact that in 2012 he put up a .320/.414/.631/1.046 slash line.

How about also not realizing that he's a career .259/.356/.507 hitter.

And what do you know, you also don't mention how it's only 3 years and Boston has nobody else who could play 1B who offers as much potential as Napoli does. His swing is made for Fenway as proven by his .306/.397/.710/1.107 career line there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast