Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Haha way to give yourself up, somebody check his IP
    Go ahead, check it, I have never posted on ProSportsDaily before in my life.

Furthermore, what does that have to do with Red Sox baseball discussion?

Can you pretend for a minute that I'm actually who I say I am and that I'm not whomever Bagwell thinks I am and please explain to me why it is that he thinks I am North Country and why that matters?
    Last edited by FenwayFaithless; 12-03-2012 at 07:32 PM.

vCash
    Great signing. We needed this. Now lets get and OF'r and some SP!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FenwayFaithless View Post

Can you pretend for a minute that I'm actually who I say I am and that I'm not whomever Bagwell thinks I am and please explain to me why it is that he thinks I am North Country and why that matters?
    So sorry, I didn't say think. I said reminds me of. Not at all the same. If you want answers use the search function.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    So which OF are you guys thinking we should sign?
    "You’re either two feet in now or you’re two feet out. Let us know now because we’re coming."
    -Pedey

Follow me on Twitter: S_____C_____

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LasahShow14 View Post
    Rather trade for one but if I have to chose then Victorino.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LasahShow14 View Post
    If Swisher didn't cost a draft pick, him. We'll probably end up signing Cody Ross but I would seriously love if we explored a trade for Alex Gordon.

vCash
    Napoli '13 projections...

The winter meetings are certainly here and a few of the free agents have already found new homes. The Red Sox made one of the bigger winter meeting moves thus far, signing C/1B Mike Napoli to a three-year deal. How does going from Texas to Boston affect Napoli's fantasy value?

Mike Napoli - C/1B - BOS
    2013 Projection: 377 AB, .255/.364/.520, 26 HR, 72 RBI, 59 R, 2 SB

Napoli pulled about 52-percent of his balls in play last year and 59-percent of those were hit on the ground. However, when he did get a ball in the air to left field it went for a home run 52.2-percent of the time. Looking at his hit chart from Katron.org, we see Napoli's balls in play from home games in 2012 (at Rangers Ballpark) over Fenway's dimensions.

You can see that there were several instances (orange and light blue dots) in which Napoli might have seen an out or double turn into a home run to left and center. However, you'll also notice three home runs (dark blue) that might not have gone into the stands at Fenway. While these charts are fun to look at, they really don't give us much evidence that a player will or will not perform the same going forward. What we do know is that when Napoli hits the ball in the air to left, there is over a 45-to-50-percent chance that it will become a home run (based on his average three-year HR/FB to LF). That number might increase even more playing home games in Fenway.

Unless the Red Sox sign an everyday first baseman, chances are that Napoli sees plenty of time there, ideally keeping him fresh and healthy over the course of the summer. There's upside for Napoli to get upwards of 450 at-bats -- and the home runs that would come along with them -- but no way of simply counting on it to happen.

Given that Napoli is coming off of a down season in terms of AVG and RBI, and given that he still continued to hit home runs nonetheless, he should be of solid value.

Upside: .290/.390 with 30+ HRs
    Downside: .220/.330 with ~20 HRs

vCash
    Napoli '13 projections...
    Yup nice. Warning track power to the bullpens, big power to LF and CF. Lots of ground outs to SS.

.255/.364/.520 is good for a 1B, out of sight for a catcher.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Yup nice. Warning track power to the bullpens, big power to LF and CF. Lots of ground outs to SS.

.255/.364/.520 is good for a 1B, out of sight for a catcher.
    That's exactly my thinking. I said that if Napoli can be a .250/.350/.500 hitter during his 3 year tenure in Boston he will not only earn, but exceed the value of his contract.

vCash
    CLNSRadio ‏@CLNSRadio
    #Redsox Update: Looks like Mike Napoli will take his physical with team on Wednesday and deal could finalized by Friday. #mlb

vCash
    If Swisher didn't cost a draft pick, him. We'll probably end up signing Cody Ross but I would seriously love if we explored a trade for Alex Gordon.
    Gordon would cost WAY too much. I'm thinking a 2 year contract for Ross or go for Victorino with a 2-3 year.

Ichiro is a possibility even though is 39 because he still can hit for average, gets on base, has a great arm for a RF, and has the threat to steal. But, only for a 1 year deal.

I'd like Swisher good club house guy, switch hitter (sox love that),and can hit for power.

But, I don't want the Sox signing someone to a massive contract. (which I'm happy they are staying away from.)

With that said no way in hell will the sox sign Hamilton who is looking for a massive contract.

Other possibility is trading for Choo or someone of that caliber. but, without getting raped in a trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I can't wait until we name Lackey team captain
    Watch him come back and post an 18 win season with a sub 3.50 ERA

Unlikely, but god damn, we gotta get something out of that scrub. If he leaked naked pics of his ex-wife, I think all would be forgiven!
    Perfection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf82 View Post
    Gordon would cost WAY too much. I'm thinking a 2 year contract for Ross or go for Victorino with a 2-3 year.

Ichiro is a possibility even though is 39 because he still can hit for average, gets on base, has a great arm for a RF, and has the threat to steal. But, only for a 1 year deal.

I'd like Swisher good club house guy, switch hitter (sox love that),and can hit for power.

But, I don't want the Sox signing someone to a massive contract. (which I'm happy they are staying away from.)

With that said no way in hell will the sox sign Hamilton who is looking for a massive contract.

Other possibility is trading for Choo or someone of that caliber. but, without getting raped in a trade.
    He doesn't really get on base much over his average. NYY was very friendly to him, Fenway would kill any shot at HR's for him if you thought we might get a few. He's no longer elite in RF with the glove, but certainly above average. He's supposed to be one of the all time turd teammates however, not going along with the plan of the BRS this off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FenwayFaithless View Post

Go away North Country, you're almost as bad as he who must not be named.

vCash
    Great move here by Boston. Napoli was the player we needed this off-season.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast