Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 117
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    375
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    How much money do we have commited for next year with the Napoli signing?
    Abraham tweeted earlier that the 40 man is right around $110MM with arb. projected.
    Here's to feeling good all the time.


  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    375
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Sing it!

    I'll listen to EEI at noon for baseball at times, and weekends at times, but good god they suck overall.
    I like a few of their on air guys - Minihane is great, I like Mustard & Johnson, and I like Big Pete, but otherwise I can't listen.
    Here's to feeling good all the time.


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,978
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnjack View Post
    Abraham tweeted earlier that the 40 man is right around $110MM with arb. projected.
    So we still have approximately $75MM to work with, interesting.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,987
    vCash
    1500
    Pete Abraham makes himself look dumb sometimes though i do like him.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,978
    vCash
    1500
    Joe McDonald ‏@ESPNJoeyMac
    Lackey, Lester and Pedroia all sent text messages to Napoli in an attempt to recruit him to Boston.
    ...

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,978
    vCash
    1500
    Joe McDonald ‏@ESPNJoeyMac
    Lackey on Napoli: "We've been recruiting him the last few weeks. I'm glad it worked out. He's going to be a great addition to the club."
    ...

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,987
    vCash
    500
    I can't wait until we name Lackey team captain

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,607
    vCash
    500
    this is what mlbdepthcharts.com has as the redsox current "go to" roster (with bench)

    1 CF Jacoby Ellsbury*
    2 RF Daniel Nava**
    3 2B Dustin Pedroia
    4 DH David Ortiz*
    5 3B Will Middlebrooks
    6 C Jarrod Saltalamacchia** vs RHP
    7 LF Jonny Gomes
    8 1B Mike Napoli
    9 SS Jose Iglesias

    Projected Bench
    C David Ross vs LHP
    1B/3B Mauro Gomez
    IF Pedro Ciriaco
    OF Ryan Kalish*


    (*indicates left-handed batter **indicates switch-hitter)




    Napoli at 8 seems low to me, but they definitely need to find another OF (and maybe a SS too)
    Last edited by xnick5757; 12-03-2012 at 05:02 PM.

    Welcome to Anfield Mr. Balotelli!


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,920
    vCash
    1500
    wrong thread

    mfffff

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Martin played some games at 3B, perhaps he can play some at 1B as well.

    McHenry was never seen as a high ceiling guy (which is why he was dealt several times). Last season could well be an outlier.

    Wilson has more chance to be a impact MR than a decent SP. The Pirates would have no trouble dealing their meh SP's to make room if needed, and if either Wilson or Pimentel worked out, it would be far more valuable to them then Hughes.

    Higher ranked? For a good, but hardly world beating MR? That's delusional.
    They have Garrett Jones to play 1B, and you don't pay Russell Martin $9M to put up a .242/.340/.394 (Bill James projections, or if you prefer last year's stats: .211/.311/.403) line at 1B. And why would they deal a "good, but hardly world beating MR," MR only to gain pitchers who are completely unproven and have a ceiling of Jared Hughes?
    In regards to my "delusional" higher ranked pitching prospect statement--I didn't say the Sox need to trade a higher ranked pitching prospect for a "good, but hardly world beating MR," I was merely saying that the Pirates are not looking for back-end starters, but ones who have a higher ceiling.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,328
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FenwayFaithless View Post
    They have Garrett Jones to play 1B, and you don't pay Russell Martin $9M to put up a .242/.340/.394 (Bill James projections, or if you prefer last year's stats: .211/.311/.403) line at 1B. And why would they deal a "good, but hardly world beating MR," MR only to gain pitchers who are completely unproven and have a ceiling of Jared Hughes?
    In regards to my "delusional" higher ranked pitching prospect statement--I didn't say the Sox need to trade a higher ranked pitching prospect for a "good, but hardly world beating MR," I was merely saying that the Pirates are not looking for back-end starters, but ones who have a higher ceiling.
    I thought so before, now I'm sure - you remind me of a prior poster - North Country...


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,328
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    this is what mlbdepthcharts.com has as the redsox current "go to" roster (with bench)

    1 CF Jacoby Ellsbury*
    2 RF Daniel Nava**
    3 2B Dustin Pedroia
    4 DH David Ortiz*
    5 3B Will Middlebrooks
    6 C Jarrod Saltalamacchia** vs RHP
    7 LF Jonny Gomes
    8 1B Mike Napoli
    9 SS Jose Iglesias

    Projected Bench
    C David Ross vs LHP
    1B/3B Mauro Gomez
    IF Pedro Ciriaco
    OF Ryan Kalish*


    (*indicates left-handed batter **indicates switch-hitter)
    Napoli at 8 seems low to me, but they definitely need to find another OF (and maybe a SS too)[/QUOTE]

    Right.

    What mook would hit Napoli with that very nice OBP in the #8 slot in this line-up? Unless we start making deals and buying the highest buck FA's, he's liable to be hitting 6th at the lowest. $13M for a #8 hitter? Sort of like Crawford for a #9 hitter for $20.7M


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I thought so before, now I'm sure - you remind me of a prior poster - North Country...
    Is that supposed to be an insult? What does it mean?
    And if so, how is it that I'm reminding you of said poster?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,607
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Napoli at 8 seems low to me, but they definitely need to find another OF (and maybe a SS too)

    Right.

    What mook would hit Napoli with that very nice OBP in the #8 slot in this line-up? Unless we start making deals and buying the highest buck FA's, he's liable to be hitting 6th at the lowest. $13M for a #8 hitter? Sort of like Crawford for a #9 hitter for $20.7M
    it must have been a mistake, I just checked and they updated him to the 5 spot

    Welcome to Anfield Mr. Balotelli!


  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,978
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FenwayFaithless View Post
    Is that supposed to be an insult? What does it mean?
    And if so, how is it that I'm reminding you of said poster?
    Haha way to give yourself up, somebody check his IP

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •