Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Team Colors

vCash

Question Team Colors

It's been bugging me for years. But is there a reason why the Bucks colors are red and green? It just oozes x-mas to me, not Bucks. Shouldn't they be beige/brown and white? I reckon green is for trees, but what's with the red?

vCash
    LOL I think we as Bucks fans just want a winning team. I could personally care less about our colors, if we win thats all I care about.

Sure would I like the 90's throwback's instead? Ofcourse but right now I just want to see the Bucks with a legit shooting guard.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I'm not sure what the colors really have to do with the mascot in basically any case. Why aren't the hornets yellow and black? Shouldn't the Lakers have blue in their jerseys for lakes? Why aren't the Timberwolves gray, black and brown?

I think you can look through the league and see the majority of the teams aren't colored to match the mascot.

vCash
    Bulls are not red..
    Grizzlies are not blue.....
    Wizards dont suck... Oopsssss.....
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

Ive got a twitter! @WiteJamesHarden
    I follow back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewboy288 View Post
    Bulls are not red..
    lol i giggled
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Even teams that don't match their name aren't as shocking as red and green. There's stepping away from the name, and then there's drifting out to sea like the Bucks colors.
    Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 12-03-2012 at 05:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewboy288 View Post
    Bulls are not red..
    Bulls are associated with the color red. It makes them crazy, and Chicago wear black and brown on occasion. The Wizards and Kings are pretty close to being off the mark like the Bucks color-wise, but at least the Grizzlies color scheme is plain compared to the Bucks.

vCash
    Go green as the main color and a cool brown as secondary and the opposite on road games. I t could almost be green and gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Bulls are associated with the color red. It makes them crazy, and Chicago wear black and brown on occasion. The Wizards and Kings are pretty close to being off the mark like the Bucks color-wise, but at least the Grizzlies color scheme is plain compared to the Bucks.
    Not be be a jerk, but technically bulls are colorblind and red doesn't actually make them crazy. But you are right, the color red is associated with Bulls. But again, I don't see how the Bucks are any different than quite a few other teams. Why are the Lakers purple and gold? Isn't the Lakers team name derived from the lakes of Minnesota, which presumably aren't purple and gold? Hornets have nothing to do with a light blue color, but yet that's New Orleans colors, even though yellow and black would be obvious choices. Shouldn't the Pistons be a metallic silver color? You can go around a lot of the league and say the colors don't really match the mascot.

Side note though, after actually looking at a list of team mascot names around the nba, I guess I never really realized how strange a lot of the team names around the league really are.