Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Secondary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rikux777 View Post
    Thanks Roseman and Andy for ignoring the Safety position for so long and letting Asante go.
    Ignoring Safety I'll agree with, but letting Asante go I still love. I've enjoyed not watching him this year...and when I have seen him playing in Atlanta, he's been getting burned. Dunta Robinson is the better CB on that team IMO.

Lights, Cameras, Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybirdblog View Post
    Ignoring Safety I'll agree with, but letting Asante go I still love. I've enjoyed not watching him this year...and when I have seen him playing in Atlanta, he's been getting burned. Dunta Robinson is the better CB on that team IMO.
    You are absolutely nuts. Calvin killed Dunta this week, had 1 catch and an INT lining up against Asante.

Asante is balling.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Calvin kills eveyone.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    Mikell wasn't really that good. But yes he would have been better then what we had. I think the wide 9 killed this team. And the Eagles have some good pieces in place for their defense.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    Asante and Quintan Mikell had great chemistry together, always had each others back unlike our current Secondary..

vCash
    As much as most Eagle fans don't like Samuel,letting him go for a 7th rder was a bad decision.He has played really well for the Falcons.I would even say he has played better than both DRC and Nnamdi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    Change the Coaching Staff, and get someone that is not stuck in their ways and is willing to design his plays to the strengths os the persons on the team and well be fine, it worked in SF.
    we don't need to rebuild, we have a good team, bad system for todays NFL.
    we have change to a normal 4-3 on D so lets see what happens there, and we have been Run/(Quick) Pass balance, lets see what happens there because i always believed that's what we should have been doing all along .
    I agree with everything you said expect we don't need to rebuild. We do need to have the run quick pass balance, the 4-3, and I agree I think we have a bad system for todays NFL. Our O-Line obviously needs to be addressed. I'd like to see some size and to get rid of the zone blocking. I want a line that is going to have the opposing D-line huffing and puffing at the end of the game. I liked when we had the guys with size like Thomas & Ruyan. We need 2 safeties and IMO we need 2 different starting CB's. We need linebackers. Ryans was good this year but he is up there in age. Obviously that doesn't need to be addressed this year, but it does sometime within the next three years. I like Kendricks enough to see more from him next year, but who knows after that, and we need a linebacker on the other side. Our D-line is ok but we still need to address it. Cole is going to have to be replaced probably in the next 3 years or so. I like Fletcher Cox but we need another DT. Maybe another DE on the other side of Cole. To be honest I haven't really watched Vinny Curry too much so I can't give him a fair assessment. I also think we need a big bodied WR in the worst way. Plus we have to keep an eye on Foles, granted he looks pretty good so far, but you never know. So I think we need to count our losses and rebuild. I think this team is just fools gold right now. We have players who have talent, but they have no heart, and God knows they can't tackle, play physical, or dominate the middle of the field on offense.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234