Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Secondary

vCash
    It's obvious that Nnamdi is not the player we were expecting. That doesn't mean he's as bad as he looks. I don't think some people truly understand how terrible our safeties are. Couple that with the "defensive coordinators that don't know what they're doing" carousel and a coaching staff as a whole that has never been on the same page and don't even talk to each other on the sidelines, and it's not hard to see why our secondary is as god awful as it's been.

It's safe to say we're never going to see Oakland Nnamdi again, but I still refuse to believe he is as bad as he's looked during his time here. He's never had a chance to really settle in. DRC hasn't been that bad either. With a REAL defensive coordinator and REAL safeties, I want Nnamdi and DRC to be on this team next year. I truly believe they can still be a great tandem under the right circumstances. Unless there is a clear cut better option at the corner position, we could definitely still do a lot worse than what we have.

Think about it. Our safeties are pure garbage, and we could not get pressure on QB's to save our lives all season long. How many corners do you think are gonna thrive under those circumstances in a pass happy league?
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rikux777 View Post
    Thanks Roseman and Andy for ignoring the Safety position for so long and letting Asante go.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that a good 30% of your posts begin with the word "Thanks".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    It's obvious that Nnamdi is not the player we were expecting. That doesn't mean he's as bad as he looks. I don't think some people truly understand how terrible our safeties are. Couple that with the "defensive coordinators that don't know what they're doing" carousel and a coaching staff as a whole that has never been on the same page and don't even talk to each other on the sidelines, and it's not hard to see why our secondary is as god awful as it's been.

It's safe to say we're never going to see Oakland Nnamdi again, but I still refuse to believe he is as bad as he's looked during his time here. He's never had a chance to really settle in. DRC hasn't been that bad either. With a REAL defensive coordinator and REAL safeties, I want Nnamdi and DRC to be on this team next year. I truly believe they can still be a great tandem under the right circumstances. Unless there is a clear cut better option at the corner position, we could definitely still do a lot worse than what we have.

Think about it. Our safeties are pure garbage, and we could not get pressure on QB's to save our lives all season long. How many corners do you think are gonna thrive under those circumstances in a pass happy league?
    This.

vCash
    That.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I agree that our safeties suck. There name itself implies it's the last resort and is meant to be the last line of defense and yet some how there never behind the receivers, just silly. Colt Anderson definitely had the best day at safety we had all season. lol, didn't really watch the whole game but I saw him actually make plays on the ball/receiver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rikux777 View Post
    Thanks Roseman and Andy for ignoring the Safety position for so long and letting Asante go.
    Thanks to the mods for letting this User post again

vCash
    You can get with

Quote Originally Posted by 25YrsNcounting View Post
    This.
    Or you can get with

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    That.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    You can get with

Or you can get with
    Well played.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    DRC has an amazing skill set but he has a lot of quit in him, and I don't like either one of their attitudes. Right now DRC is probably our best option at CB next year, but honestly this team needs 3-4 years to rebuild correctly. I think we just need to scrap the guys with the shi*** attitudes and count our losses for the next few years. IMO I would rather us suffer for a few more years and DRAFT a team that has the hunger and skill set to win. We tried to retool after the 08 season, and on paper we seemed to have talent out the ***, but we all know the results. I'm worried that if the Eagles keep dreaming of what our current players could be we will never rebuild the right way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzord View Post
    DRC has an amazing skill set but he has a lot of quit in him, and I don't like either one of their attitudes. Right now DRC is probably our best option at CB next year, but honestly this team needs 3-4 years to rebuild correctly. I think we just need to scrap the guys with the shi*** attitudes and count our losses for the next few years. IMO I would rather us suffer for a few more years and DRAFT a team that has the hunger and skill set to win. We tried to retool after the 08 season, and on paper we seemed to have talent out the ***, but we all know the results. I'm worried that if the Eagles keep dreaming of what our current players could be we will never rebuild the right way.
    Change the Coaching Staff, and get someone that is not stuck in their ways and is willing to design his plays to the strengths os the persons on the team and well be fine, it worked in SF.
    we don't need to rebuild, we have a good team, bad system for todays NFL.
    we have change to a normal 4-3 on D so lets see what happens there, and we have been Run/(Quick) Pass balance, lets see what happens there because i always believed that's what we should have been doing all along .
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    I think Mike Singleterry would be a great fit for this team. He demands his players play with heart and leave it all out on the field. He is a defensive minded, no nonsese coach which could do wonders with some of the young talented players we have on defense. He would infuse a lot of attitude into this team. He wants winners!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavelcrow View Post
    I think Mike Singleterry would be a great fit for this team. He demands his players play with heart and leave it all out on the field. He is a defensive minded, no nonsese coach which could do wonders with some of the young talented players we have on defense. He would infuse a lot of attitude into this team. He wants winners!!!
    i stated a few months back that Jim is reaping the benefits of Mike Singleterry labor because he got the guys to be physical and discipline. now all Jim had to do was implement his system.
    we need that kinda coach here and he deserve a shot at it.
    get this D to man up!
    i believe that teams take on the personality of their HC.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavelcrow View Post
    i stated a few months back that Jim is reaping the benefits of Mike Singleterry labor because he got the guys to be physical and discipline. now all Jim had to do was implement his system.
    we need that kinda coach here and he deserve a shot at it.
    get this D to man up!
    i believe that teams take on the personality of their HC.
    I would have no problem with Singletary as our HC
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    I would have no problem with Singletary as our HC
    Oh God no.

vCash
    Thanks Roseman/Andy for letting Quintan Mikell go.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast