Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52

Thread: Secondary

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500

    Secondary

    I want this team to clean house. Namdi and DRC to me are not the CB's i want on this team next year. They are not winning CB's. They have major flaws. DRC can't tackle. Namdi is slow. Let DRC walk via FA. And certainly cut Namdi. Now for the 2 worse safeties in the league. Get rid of them. Nate Allen is the worse safety in this league. I like Colemans effort, but he is so dumb, he is always blowing coverages and always in the wrong spot. He can be kept as a ST.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    I want this team to clean house. Namdi and DRC to me are not the CB's i want on this team next year. They are not winning CB's. They have major flaws. DRC can't tackle. Namdi is slow. Let DRC walk via FA. And certainly cut Namdi. Now for the 2 worse safeties in the league. Get rid of them. Nate Allen is the worse safety in this league. I like Colemans effort, but he is so dumb, he is always blowing coverages and always in the wrong spot. He can be kept as a ST.
    I think Nhamdi and DRC are better than most other CB pairs in the league. Certainly not up to snuff, but still worth keeping around. If Nhamdi will restructure, keep him. Asante couldnt tackle either but he was the best CB weve had in a long time, Im more concerned with how well the cover. I say if the price is good, keep em both, we can still bring in other guys to challenge for their jobs.

    As for Safety, Nate Allen is stuck playing SS, which really doesnt suit his attributes. I think we would be far better off flipping them. I think they are both worth keeping as backups and would not be upset about either of them coming into the lineup due to injuries if we had better players in front of them
    PSD's c_reinert

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,674
    vCash
    1500
    sadly Aso will be here....stupid to get rid of him with the payout and cap hit... next year is the year you can part ways with him...


    DRC is a good CB till he has to tackle...but then again, 2 great safeties make up for a crappy tackling CB case in point... Lito Sheppard.....


    Listen I agree Allen should be a FS but he has shown me 100% nothing since post injury...... pre injury i like him, a lot... hes trash now.


    We should of got Yerimiah Bell like I wanted all last offseason.... damnit

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,571
    vCash
    1500
    People are putting way to much blame on CB it the Safteys that suck they always drift to where the cb are to double cover and leave the middle of the field wide open. I dont understand why they keep doing that.


    Introducing the Eagles O-Line

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,814
    vCash
    1500
    Eventhough he is young, I would part ways with DRC, he can't tackle because he doesn't wrap up. He launches at people to make a tackle. Asante used to do the same thing but he was a ball hawk as well, he gave you back interceptions because who took smart risks. DRC does not do that.

    Nnamdi probably stays, if you cut him, the eagles will take a 4 mil cap hit.

    The problem with Nnamdi has been the safeties. If you don't trust your safeties you can not play like you normally do. Nnamdi is not Revis, he never was but he is still good. He wouldn't be as bad as he has looked sometimes if a guy the caliber of Brian Dawkins was there who know how to recover when they bite on a play action by running immediately back on coverage and or leveling the guy who catches it. We don't have that luxury anymore. Finding a good safety is tough.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    People are putting way to much blame on CB it the Safteys that suck they always drift to where the cb are to double cover and leave the middle of the field wide open. I dont understand why they keep doing that.
    Hard to say. I imagine its more scheme related rather than individual bad habits. I know they arent the best Safeties but if that has been a problem all season as you say, they likely would have at least shown signs of changing that or the coaches would have benched them and put someone in who wouldnt keep making those same mental errors. I just think logically that the reason they do that "drift" thing is because that's what the coaches want them to do
    PSD's c_reinert

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    708
    vCash
    1500
    How hard is it to spell Nnamdi?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreenseason View Post
    Eventhough he is young, I would part ways with DRC, he can't tackle because he doesn't wrap up. He launches at people to make a tackle. Asante used to do the same thing but he was a ball hawk as well, he gave you back interceptions because who took smart risks. DRC does not do that.

    Nnamdi probably stays, if you cut him, the eagles will take a 4 mil cap hit.

    The problem with Nnamdi has been the safeties. If you don't trust your safeties you can not play like you normally do. Nnamdi is not Revis, he never was but he is still good. He wouldn't be as bad as he has looked sometimes if a guy the caliber of Brian Dawkins was there who know how to recover when they bite on a play action by running immediately back on coverage and or leveling the guy who catches it. We don't have that luxury anymore. Finding a good safety is tough.
    A corner not tackling or not tackling well is pretty common in the league lol. You arent going to find many star CBs around the league who like to tackle and who do it well. Their coverage abilities is why you have em there, you expect your LBs and your Safeties to do the tackling. Of course I would love if DRC did tackle well, but Im not all that upset that he doesnt, and I dont think its a good reason to let him walk.

    You say DRC doesnt take those calculated risks that Asante took. He hasnt recently, but he has in the past. This is likely due to coaching as well as knowing he doesnt have effective Safety help. When Asante took those risks he knew that guys like Dawkins, Mikkel and Nate Allen (early in his career) were back there to save him when he took those chances.

    And youre mostly right with Nnamdi, too expensive to let him walk and not get anything out of him. Im sure part of his ineffectiveness is due to the safeties and also the lack of effective pass rush as well. Also, Ive been saying it forever, Nnamdi is strictly a press corner, thats where he was always his most effective, both Juan and Bowels ask him to shadow WRs most of the time. Ask him to restructure, keep him around, he can still be an excellent player for us if we get a D coordinator who will mold a scheme to fit the players we have rather than trying to force a square peg into a round hole and try force players into a scheme that they aren't suited for.
    PSD's c_reinert

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,674
    vCash
    1500
    very hard, if you're not used to typing it. How cool is it being a grammar e-police?

    Like really...does calling someone out on a spelling of a players name have anything or any meaning on this thread once so ever???

    I love your sig but I hate that attitude...It's what gets us "philly fans" pigeon holed into being "those fans"


    DRC / Aso, listen unless your getting Revis then quite frankly DRC is your best option out there, just depends on what type of money he wants honestly....But you can help his tackling..its called getting better safeties.
    Aso will be corrected when he can play HIS GAME in coverage and doesnt have to worry so much on his safeties hurting him over the top...

    Al in all, people actually i havent seen ANYONE mention how GREAT DeMeco Ryan has been against the run, but how HORRIBLE he has been against the pass...hes continually getting burned over the top...he really needs to work on that, maybe the defense goes back to a NORMAL 4-3 scheme and we can utilize his TRUE abilities

    Yes again we all know we have 2 backup safeties AT BEST starting. Sadly FA will hit and the best on the market will be Jairus Byrd, and with an almost 10 million dollar franchise cap hit, I dont see him staying with the Bills, the same team that benched him 2 years ago. 26 years old... Ill take it!!! give me him.
    Last edited by fanofphilly; 12-03-2012 at 02:22 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    very hard, if you're not used to typing it. How cool is it being a grammar e-police?

    Like really...does calling someone out on a spelling of a players name have anything or any meaning on this thread once so ever???

    I love your sig but I hate that attitude...It's what gets us "philly fans" pigeon holed into being "those fans"



    Yes again we all know we have 2 backup safeties AT BEST starting. Sadly FA will hit and the best on the market will be Jairus Byrd, and with an almost 10 million dollar franchise cap hit, I dont see him staying with the Bills, the same team that benched him 2 years ago. 26 years old... Ill take it!!! give me him.
    Yeah they benched him 2 years ago but he wasnt performing at that time, obviously they put him back in the starting lineup when he turned things around. I think the Bills are in win-now mode, shown by the big money on Mario Williams and the huge investments to upgrade the CB position. I dont see him going anywhere, even if he wants to leave, I really think they franchise tag him. If hes as good as people believe he is, they wont mind paying that big money for 1 season while they negotiate a contract for him.

    I think we gotta look at Dashon Goldson and LaRon Landry, maybe even consider Louis Delmas, Jim Leonhard, or Kenny Phillips if they come cheap
    PSD's c_reinert

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,454
    vCash
    1500
    The problem with safety is I don't see any big time safeties in this draft. They could take one in the 2nd round but they would be reaching for a player which is something they shouldn't do with basically an extra 1st round pick (I'm assuming the eagles end up with a top 5 pick). Going through FA might be the best course in terms of immediate improvement.

    As far as corner, you can't let both of your CBs go with not knowing what's behind them. Boykin is a solid slot corner, he should stay there. You can justify letting one go but I don't think your going to find a better CB on the market to give you better immediate results. You could draft one but they tend to struggle as rookies.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Levittown,Pa
    Posts
    2,705
    vCash
    1500
    They have to get a legit FS somehow in the offseason. There's plenty of players and or picks that can be dealt to acquire one.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,340
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    I want this team to clean house. Namdi and DRC to me are not the CB's i want on this team next year. They are not winning CB's. They have major flaws. DRC can't tackle. Namdi is slow. Let DRC walk via FA. And certainly cut Namdi. Now for the 2 worse safeties in the league. Get rid of them. Nate Allen is the worse safety in this league. I like Colemans effort, but he is so dumb, he is always blowing coverages and always in the wrong spot. He can be kept as a ST.
    You keep DRC, keep Nnamdi but try to rework his deal cuz he is not worth the deal he signed. DRC is a good starter, tackling is not the issue for me, coverage matters more imo. Lets be honest for a second. Nnamdi has hurt the eagles more with his coverage then DRC has with his bad tackling. Good safety play can fix that to a extent. Bring in a few quality backups who can challenge for minutes and step up in case of injury.

    Now on to safety, DO NOT LET THESE TWO GO. keep them as backups. Find new safeties who are obvious upgrades and reliable starters. But DO NOT LET THESE TWO GO. we need depth, take a look at this season, our lack of depth is showing, these 2 are below average starters and are great backups, we need that. say we get a top flight safety next season and then he gets injured, if we don't have nate allen backing him up then we are screwed again.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    I think Nhamdi and DRC are better than most other CB pairs in the league. Certainly not up to snuff, but still worth keeping around. If Nhamdi will restructure, keep him. Asante couldnt tackle either but he was the best CB weve had in a long time, Im more concerned with how well the cover. I say if the price is good, keep em both, we can still bring in other guys to challenge for their jobs.

    As for Safety, Nate Allen is stuck playing SS, which really doesnt suit his attributes. I think we would be far better off flipping them. I think they are both worth keeping as backups and would not be upset about either of them coming into the lineup due to injuries if we had better players in front of them
    Better than most other cb pairs in the league. You are severly overrating this miserable secondary. If you watched this secondary this season, and seen all the flaws they have. Then how in the world can you come out with a comment stating Nhamdi and DRC are better than most other cb pairs in the league. I don't know who you think they are better than, and I really don't want to know, but I can tell you they aren't better than most other CB pairs in the league.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,674
    vCash
    1500
    Goldson was franchised last year, i forgot about him... hes a big hitter too that can actually cover unlike Coleman...

    But you could say the same about Goldson as you said about Byrd.... if anything I Would think Byrd would want to move more.... Fitzpatrick is not the QB that will get them there LOL...

    Goldson has a much better chance of resigning with his team then Byrd....we wont know until April but we have options out there!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •