Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corked Bat View Post
    why do you guys care so much?
    most of you are sick of holland and his inconsistancy and want his rotation spot for someone else anyway, so what if i trade him. half of you want kinsler gone so that profar can play everyday. so what if i trade him, profar gets to play everyday and then you can use kinsler's salary to resign andrus. if you get perez then you don't need soto or alfaro.
    texas must not care that much about McGuniess because they left him up for grabs in the rule 5 draft and he just got taken.
    with gentry and martin in the bigs, beltre in the minors and everyone else clamoring for hamilton or upton to be the rangers CF next year, there isn't much room for borbon (who's done so much for texas up to now).
    so there you go. what's the big deal?

i trade away your headaches and bring in a young stud C (which we desperately need) that will be under team control for several years at a cheap rate. he's gonna hit .290 to .310 and 20-25hr's.
    yes, i know it's a lot but it solves a lot of problems for the rangers and it's not like KC wouldn't have to throw in something else in return.
    I'm pretty sure no one on here is clamoring for Josh or Upton to be in CF next year. If we keep Josh, he'll be in LF or RF, if we get Upton, he'll be in RF. We all pretty much think Gentry and Martin are going to platoon in CF all year for us, unless one proves to be better than the other. As for Borbon, he's done. He's had multiple chances to prove himself a worthy bench/platoon/everyday guy and he hasn't been able to do it.

I understand you're looking at the Royals catcher, but I agree your offer was way to much. Were you thinking we'd get Perez and Gordon? Or more players from the Royals?
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    I'm pretty sure no one on here is clamoring for Josh or Upton to be in CF next year. If we keep Josh, he'll be in LF or RF, if we get Upton, he'll be in RF. We all pretty much think Gentry and Martin are going to platoon in CF all year for us, unless one proves to be better than the other. As for Borbon, he's done. He's had multiple chances to prove himself a worthy bench/platoon/everyday guy and he hasn't been able to do it.

I understand you're looking at the Royals catcher, but I agree your offer was way to much. Were you thinking we'd get Perez and Gordon? Or more players from the Royals?
    yes, as i said, i know it's a lot, but KC would definately be sending more than Perez this way. As for Gordon, I'd love to have him and I'd definately take him back if they offered. KC could plug the hole in their OF with their top prospect myers and clear a little payroll to help cover Kinsler's contract.
    as for Texas it would allow them to trade away Cruz for Dickey (should they choose) or someone else before he hit's FA next winter. Worst case they keep him for 1 more year and play him more at DH to help preserve his hammy's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corked Bat View Post
    yes, as i said, i know it's a lot, but KC would definately be sending more than Perez this way. As for Gordon, I'd love to have him and I'd definately take him back if they offered. KC could plug the hole in their OF with their top prospect myers and clear a little payroll to help cover Kinsler's contract.
    as for Texas it would allow them to trade away Cruz for Dickey (should they choose) or someone else before he hit's FA next winter. Worst case they keep him for 1 more year and play him more at DH to help preserve his hammy's.
    Mets would laugh at your propsal of a over 30's player that is declining for Dickey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers72 View Post
    Mets would laugh at your propsal of a over 30's player that is declining for Dickey

hey, i'm only rolling with a trade idea that's been posted in a couple different threads in this forum. would texas have to give up more, sure because the mets think dickey's value is higher as a cy young winner. but dickey is pushing 40 and he's had 1 great season. that season/award combo is only going to get you so much.
    while 32 might not be a spring chicken it isn't exactly ancient.
    curz's biggest problem is his re-occuring hammy issues.
    by their own account, mets fans want 3 new outfielders and a team could do much worse than cruz.

vCash
    Mets aren't going to deal a Cy Young winner for a 1 year rental outfielder who, despite his power, hasn't been able to show any kind of consistency whatsoever.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    I would think its pretty obvious that the Mets are trying to get younger, not worse. Nellie Cruz for Dickey just makes zero sense.

vCash
    Well it looks like the Dodgers are going to sign Zack Grienke so i guess we better go to plan B.I think we need to sign Josh Hamilton and make the trade for Upton pretty quickly.I am just looking at what has happened since the year has ended and here is a list of players that are no longer here Michael Young,Mike Napoli,Mike Adams,Koji Uehara and it might also include Josh if they dont resign him soon.I hope we dont trade Mike Olt for R.A.Dickey i would rather see us sign Annibal Sanchez or try to put a package together for David Price.I am getting a feeling that i am not liking as a Ranger fan that everyone in our division has made moves to get better and we are just losing piece after piece of our team.We have signed Joakim Soria which maybe a good signing and i heard one of the guys we got from the Phillies could be a very good reliever but i hope we get busy and sign some players if not we might be looking at 3rd place in the west.

vCash
    I'm losing faith in the direction this team is headed.

We're worse at catcher. Our bullpen lost 2 veterans (presuming Adams is gone). We lost Young's presence on the team in order to free up money (that will now probably be used on re-signing Hamilton) and playing time for our younger guys (some of which will now have to be traded to improve this team).

To me, this looks like the same team that couldn't cut it last year, minus a few veteran pieces. We didn't win with these guys then...I don't see us winning with these guys minus a few other veterans now.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    I'm losing faith in the direction this team is headed.

We're worse at catcher. Our bullpen lost 2 veterans (presuming Adams is gone). We lost Young's presence on the team in order to free up money (that will now probably be used on re-signing Hamilton) and playing time for our younger guys (some of which will now have to be traded to improve this team).

To me, this looks like the same team that couldn't cut it last year, minus a few veteran pieces. We didn't win with these guys then...I don't see us winning with these guys minus a few other veterans now.
    As of right now, we don't have Josh Hamilton, either... so, not exactly the same team as last year.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456