Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Reports are that the Rangers are talks with the Phillies about Michael Young are getting hot and heavy. Per mlbtraderumors.com

I know I've bashed Young more than a few times on here, but I really didn't want to see it end this way with him. He still has to waive his no trade rights, but after a team has moved you season after season, and are again trying to trade you, I don't see why he'd want to stay. I wish it would have ended better and he would have been able to leave on amicable terms, but it just doesn't look like that's the way it's going to be.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    I dont see why he cant leave on decent terms. Its not like we are trying to send him to some mlb outpost and he will play MUCH more there then he ever will here this season.

Sad to see him go, but its time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    Reports have come out that Hamilton is close to an agreement with the Seattle Mariners!!!!
    I can't find ANYTHING about anything that says anything even close to this. I have ESPN Insider access and there's not one mention of a deal or even rumblings. Jim Bowden did say this morning the Mariners are Hamilton's second choice and that the Mariners are trying to help the Rangers acquire Upton so we don't sign Hamilton...but that's it. I can't find anything about a potential Mariners/Hamilton deal. Can you link any sources?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    I found the guy claiming a Hamilton/Mariners deal is close. His name is Geoff Baker and he's a blogger for the Seattle Times. Outside of that, I can't find a single other source on the internet that claims it (though a few others have said: "Geoff Baker reports..."). It's not running on any other major outlet, so I'm skeptical that somehow a blogger knows more than any major baseball insider.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Just saw that the Rangers lost Chris McGuinness to the Indians in the rule 5 draft, then picked up Coty Woods from the Rockies. We also lost Tommy Mendocona in the minor league phase.

Two pretty big losses honestly.
    Last edited by stipe1280; 12-06-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsnut88 View Post
    Why won't they be able to afford him? What part about the phrase NO CAP are you having trouble understanding. Arte Moreno's obviously shown the willingness to spend it, so obviously he must have it if he can spend it. Money can buy a lot of things, including good players. Those two guys aren't gonna hold him back from paying his young talent.
    Just because there's no cap doesn't mean that money grows on trees. Even the Yankees can't afford everybody they want. If they could, they'd win the WS every year.

vCash

Rangers Sign Evan Meek, Randy Wells, Brandon Allen & Jake Brigham

Rangers Sign Evan Meek, Randy Wells, Brandon Allen & Jake Brigham

By Tim Dierkes [December 6 at 11:56am CST]
    The Rangers signed reliever Evan Meek, starter Randy Wells, first baseman Brandon Allen, and starter Jake Brigham to minor league deals with invites, tweets Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

https://twitter.com/JeffWilson_FWST/...45630326587392

All at one point of the other had tremendous upsides even production spurts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    Reports are that the Rangers are talks with the Phillies about Michael Young are getting hot and heavy. Per mlbtraderumors.com

I know I've bashed Young more than a few times on here, but I really didn't want to see it end this way with him. He still has to waive his no trade rights, but after a team has moved you season after season, and are again trying to trade you, I don't see why he'd want to stay. I wish it would have ended better and he would have been able to leave on amicable terms, but it just doesn't look like that's the way it's going to be.
    I'm with you there.

I remember my first spring training, heading down to Port Charlotte, FL. The first player that signed an autograph for me was the very young Michael Young.

Still, I think it's best for the team if he moves on and best for him, in that he'll get a chance at more playing time in Philly.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corked Bat View Post
    i wouldn't mind seeing alex gordon suit up for the rangers,
    but the ultimate trade with KC would net us salvador perez.
    heck for perez I'd give up holland, kinsler, soto, borbon and prospects alfaro and McGuniess.

it's a lot, but it would set the rangers up a C for the forseeable future, open up a spot in the everyday line-up for profar and free up money to sign andrus to a new deal.

it gives the royals an All Star 2b, a rotation upgrade, a ML ready C to replace perez now and a young C for their future as well as minor league depth in CF and 1b/COF. in a nut shell, it's everything they are still looking for.

i doubt they'd do it, but one can dream.

why do you guys care so much?
    most of you are sick of holland and his inconsistancy and want his rotation spot for someone else anyway, so what if i trade him. half of you want kinsler gone so that profar can play everyday. so what if i trade him, profar gets to play everyday and then you can use kinsler's salary to resign andrus. if you get perez then you don't need soto or alfaro.
    texas must not care that much about McGuniess because they left him up for grabs in the rule 5 draft and he just got taken.
    with gentry and martin in the bigs, beltre in the minors and everyone else clamoring for hamilton or upton to be the rangers CF next year, there isn't much room for borbon (who's done so much for texas up to now).
    so there you go. what's the big deal?

i trade away your headaches and bring in a young stud C (which we desperately need) that will be under team control for several years at a cheap rate. he's gonna hit .290 to .310 and 20-25hr's.
    yes, i know it's a lot but it solves a lot of problems for the rangers and it's not like KC wouldn't have to throw in something else in return.
    Last edited by Corked Bat; 12-06-2012 at 08:54 PM.

vCash
    I know Young deserves his time, but wish he would make a decision

vCash
    Any word on who the Rangers would acquire from Philly for Young?

Would it be one of their promising SS prospects, such as Roman Quinn, Edgar Duran, or Freddy Galvis?

Would it be Carlos Ruiz - he is serving a suspension for a banned substance next year

Cliff Lee?

I am not seeing anything that mentions who the Phillies would be willing to give up.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    I hope its for Antonio Bastardo. Far and away the best name in baseball.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    Any word on who the Rangers would acquire from Philly for Young?

Would it be one of their promising SS prospects, such as Roman Quinn, Edgar Duran, or Freddy Galvis?

Would it be Carlos Ruiz - he is serving a suspension for a banned substance next year

Cliff Lee?

I am not seeing anything that mentions who the Phillies would be willing to give up.
    Why on Earth would they give us Ruiz or Lee in return for Young? All the reports regarding the trade mention a ML RP and an A ball prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    I hope its for Antonio Bastardo. Far and away the best name in baseball.
    Marco Scutaro is by far the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    I know Young deserves his time, but wish he would make a decision
    I would think he would have decided by now. I'm gonna say that we won't hear anything on any front until Monday. All these guys are gonna take the weekend to decide.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast