Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 84
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,090
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Brewers...Twins...Royals...not sure they have what I'd want for Holland.
    Alex Gordon?
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

    Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dallas Tx.
    Posts
    580
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    Alex Gordon?
    no way!

    Billy Butler or a young outfielder named Will myers

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    3,248
    vCash
    1500
    With Young, Murphy, and Cruz set to hit free agency next year as well, if Olt can prove himself this season I would rather keep him around than trade for Upton. We shouldn't bet on next season as the only one we have to win, I am not saying drag this out for 6 more years but also say we want to be able to make a run at it for the next three years or so at least. With resigning Hamilton, or signing Greinke, we may not have the cash to resign Cruz or Murphy as well.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

    "I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

    Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

    Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,941
    vCash
    1500
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    804
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Young to the Yanks?
    The Rangers would have to be willing to eat the majority of his salary, perhaps as much as $12-13 million, and they’d probably get little in return.

    i have no problem dealing young, but i wouldn't pay him 12-13 million to play against me. the rangers already got screwed in the a-rod deal and had to pay a boat load of his salary while he was playing for the yanks, jd better not let this happen again.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    804
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    Alex Gordon?
    i wouldn't mind seeing alex gordon suit up for the rangers,
    but the ultimate trade with KC would net us salvador perez.
    heck for perez I'd give up holland, kinsler, soto, borbon and prospects alfaro and McGuniess.

    it's a lot, but it would set the rangers up a C for the forseeable future, open up a spot in the everyday line-up for profar and free up money to sign andrus to a new deal.

    it gives the royals an All Star 2b, a rotation upgrade, a ML ready C to replace perez now and a young C for their future as well as minor league depth in CF and 1b/COF. in a nut shell, it's everything they are still looking for.

    i doubt they'd do it, but one can dream.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corked Bat View Post
    i wouldn't mind seeing alex gordon suit up for the rangers,
    but the ultimate trade with KC would net us salvador perez.
    heck for perez I'd give up holland, kinsler, soto, borbon and prospects alfaro and McGuniess.

    it's a lot, but it would set the rangers up a C for the forseeable future, open up a spot in the everyday line-up for profar and free up money to sign andrus to a new deal.

    it gives the royals an All Star 2b, a rotation upgrade, a ML ready C to replace perez now and a young C for their future as well as minor league depth in CF and 1b/COF. in a nut shell, it's everything they are still looking for.

    i doubt they'd do it, but one can dream.
    Thank god you aren't the Rangers general manager.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    23,432
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corked Bat View Post
    i wouldn't mind seeing alex gordon suit up for the rangers,
    but the ultimate trade with KC would net us salvador perez.
    heck for perez I'd give up holland, kinsler, soto, borbon and prospects alfaro and McGuniess.

    it's a lot, but it would set the rangers up a C for the forseeable future, open up a spot in the everyday line-up for profar and free up money to sign andrus to a new deal.

    it gives the royals an All Star 2b, a rotation upgrade, a ML ready C to replace perez now and a young C for their future as well as minor league depth in CF and 1b/COF. in a nut shell, it's everything they are still looking for.

    i doubt they'd do it, but one can dream.
    You are on ****ing acid. Kinsler alone or Holland alone is too much for Perez. Alfaro is a top prospect as well.

    Add in the fact KC has said Perez won't be traded.

    Only bats KC seem willing to deal are Butler or Myers

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    23,432
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corked Bat View Post
    The Rangers would have to be willing to eat the majority of his salary, perhaps as much as $12-13 million, and they’d probably get little in return.

    i have no problem dealing young, but i wouldn't pay him 12-13 million to play against me. the rangers already got screwed in the a-rod deal and had to pay a boat load of his salary while he was playing for the yanks, jd better not let this happen again.
    You are so wrong. If you can save 3-4 million dollars and remove the logjam that is Michael Young from the batting order and the field, then do it. Murphy, Gentry and Olt can more than handle his ABs

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,625
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    With Young, Murphy, and Cruz set to hit free agency next year as well, if Olt can prove himself this season I would rather keep him around than trade for Upton. We shouldn't bet on next season as the only one we have to win, I am not saying drag this out for 6 more years but also say we want to be able to make a run at it for the next three years or so at least. With resigning Hamilton, or signing Greinke, we may not have the cash to resign Cruz or Murphy as well.
    Olt is only 1 year younger that Upton. Upton has 5+ years of ML experience and has proven himself that he can potentially put up big numbers, Olt is still unproven. Upton also still has 3 more years of control, albeit more expensive years, but I would much rather have the proven potential MVP commodity over the unproven one. So your point really doesnt make any sense.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,625
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corked Bat View Post
    i wouldn't mind seeing alex gordon suit up for the rangers,
    but the ultimate trade with KC would net us salvador perez.
    heck for perez I'd give up holland, kinsler, soto, borbon and prospects alfaro and McGuniess.

    it's a lot, but it would set the rangers up a C for the forseeable future, open up a spot in the everyday line-up for profar and free up money to sign andrus to a new deal.

    it gives the royals an All Star 2b, a rotation upgrade, a ML ready C to replace perez now and a young C for their future as well as minor league depth in CF and 1b/COF. in a nut shell, it's everything they are still looking for.

    i doubt they'd do it, but one can dream.

    you have lost commenting privileges.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    336
    vCash
    1500
    OK so here are the names that have been brought up in discussion.

    -Justin Upton

    -Arencibia

    -Hamilton

    -Greinke

    -Shields

    -Price

    -Myers

    -D'Arnaud

    Being that there is NO CAP, you can spend all the money you want (just watch out for the luxury tax). Why choose between Greinke and Hamilton when you can have both. Look at what DiPoto did last year, netting both Wilson and Pujols. So I think its safe to say this team has more than enough funds to pay both Greinke and Hamilton. Why not. As long as this team wins, those guys are fine. Then come the trades. Depending what you'd have to give up, I'd say you'd have to look at all your options first (Price, Shields, & Upton). If you could somehow swing a deal with TB for Price all the while signing both Greinke and Hamilton, I'd say your all set for the most part. Now if you could land both BIG tickets in Price and Upton all the while signing Hamilton, that'd be even more awesome. What could work in your favor is if you try and swing a 3-4 team deal (one other team being Cleveland). With them in the fold, you could at least net Upton with Cabrera going to Arizona. Maybe you'd have to give up some pitching but oh well, thats a small price to pay for a proven all-star. Get that deal done, sign Hamilton, then your OF is set. Now all's you'd have to worry about is Pitching. The BIG question is, what type of prospects does TB want? Hitters, Pitchers or both. In a deal for Price I'd be willing to give up most of the pitching talent and maybe 2-3 hitters but not Profar or Olt. With the first trade, if you could get Atlanta or Cleveland involved, you could save both Profar and Olt for the time being. With TB, its hard to tell. Can you imagine an offseason where you could land Josh Hamilton, Justin Upton, David Price, & Zach Greinke. Why not go all in. I know it sounds crazy but don't forget prospects are just that, prospects. Never a sure thing. Guys like Price and Upton don't come around very often, if you've got the ammunition, fire away. I know it sounds crazy but imagine a lineup that included Andrus, Cruz, Kinsler, Hamilton, Beltre, & Upton & a Rotation of Greinke & Price. Go all in. Get'er Done!!!!!
    Last edited by Sportsnut88; 12-06-2012 at 02:50 AM.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,728
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsnut88 View Post
    OK so here are the names that have been brought up in discussion.

    -Justin Upton

    -Arencibia

    -Hamilton

    -Greinke

    -Shields

    -Price

    -Myers

    -D'Arnaud

    Being that there is NO CAP, you can spend all the money you want (just watch out for the luxury tax). Why choose between Greinke and Hamilton when you can have both. Look at what DiPoto did last year, netting both Wilson and Pujols. So I think its safe to say this team has more than enough funds to pay both Greinke and Hamilton. Why not. As long as this team wins, those guys are fine. Then come the trades. Depending what you'd have to give up, I'd say you'd have to look at all your options first (Price, Shields, & Upton). If you could somehow swing a deal with TB for Price all the while signing both Greinke and Hamilton, I'd say your all set for the most part. Now if you could land both BIG tickets in Price and Upton all the while signing Hamilton, that'd be even more awesome. What could work in your favor is if you try and swing a 3-4 team deal (one other team being Cleveland). With them in the fold, you could at least net Upton with Cabrera going to Arizona. Maybe you'd have to give up some pitching but oh well, thats a small price to pay for a proven all-star. Get that deal done, sign Hamilton, then your OF is set. Now all's you'd have to worry about is Pitching. The BIG question is, what type of prospects does TB want? Hitters, Pitchers or both. In a deal for Price I'd be willing to give up most of the pitching talent and maybe 2-3 hitters but not Profar or Olt. With the first trade, if you could get Atlanta or Cleveland involved, you could save both Profar and Olt for the time being. With TB, its hard to tell. Can you imagine an offseason where you could land Josh Hamilton, Justin Upton, David Price, & Zach Greinke. Why not go all in. I know it sounds crazy but don't forget prospects are just that, prospects. Never a sure thing. Guys like Price and Upton don't come around very often, if you've got the ammunition, fire away. I know it sounds crazy but imagine a lineup that included Andrus, Cruz, Kinsler, Hamilton, Beltre, & Upton & a Rotation of Greinke & Price. Go all in. Get'er Done!!!!!
    What the Angels did last year is a bad example. They're betting on winning within the next couple of years, but they probably won't. They really screwed themselves when they signed Pujols and Wilson. They're great players but they won't be able to afford it in the long run. Hell they might not even be able to resign Mike Trout.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    336
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    What the Angels did last year is a bad example. They're betting on winning within the next couple of years, but they probably won't. They really screwed themselves when they signed Pujols and Wilson. They're great players but they won't be able to afford it in the long run. Hell they might not even be able to resign Mike Trout.
    Why won't they be able to afford him? What part about the phrase NO CAP are you having trouble understanding. Arte Moreno's obviously shown the willingness to spend it, so obviously he must have it if he can spend it. Money can buy a lot of things, including good players. Those two guys aren't gonna hold him back from paying his young talent.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    3,248
    vCash
    1500
    Reports have come out that Hamilton is close to an agreement with the Seattle Mariners!!!!
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

    "I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

    Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

    Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •