Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    I've said it before...I really want Greinke on this team.

As for an Elvis for Cliff Lee swap...I'm mixed. I'd love to have Lee, but...

A) It was his choice to go to Philly.
    B) Now we'll have to give up a premier SS to get him back here. (I would've rather given him his extra year.)

I'd want to know that every other avenue has been closed before dealing Andrus for Lee honestly. I would much prefer to keep both Elvis and Profar on this team and either move Ian to the OF or outright trade him or Cruz for pitching. Personally, I think I'd take Shields over Lee if it meant keeping Andrus and Profar together for years to come.

If we can make a deal of Holland, Olt, Perez + to get a Price, then yeah, I'm in for that too, though I still think we're going to need to deal something for another catcher.
    at this point i'd rather have grienke and keep andrus.
    i know there's a log jam at ss/2b, but i want guys that want to be here.
    lee made his choice and it wasn't texas.
    Last edited by Corked Bat; 12-04-2012 at 09:47 PM.

vCash
    I think we are going to end up with Josh Hamilton and James Shields.I still think we could trade for a catcher also from Toronto depending on who we deal we will get Buck for less and Arcenbia and D'Arnaud will cost a starter like Holland and prospects.I would be ok with trading Cruz and Olt in the 3 team deal with Arizona to get Upton also.

vCash
    I think we honestly wind up with Hamilton and RA Dickey. Greinke will choose to go to LA where the weather is nice, and they offer him probably 7 years. I then see Daniels turning to Dickey since he was with the Rangers before and can be had for a less price than someone like Shields.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    I'm not sure exactly what the fixation is with BJ Upton either. I mean hes pretty much a 25 HR, 75 RBI, 35 SB guy that bats 240 or so? Is he just another Napoli? While he is a good option for center, is he really an impact player? He certainly isn't worth trading a high level prospect though.

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

vCash
    Just got in from the lakers rockets game. Was a good reminder that championships are not won by the teams that make the biggest offseason splash.

Lots of good talk about the Rangers out there. While it is fun to dream, some of the ideas being thrown out there are a pretty big stretch. If Hamilton or Upton is in the OF & if we get one ace, the Rangers would be very strong. Obviously we need another catcher, but there is not a giant difference maker at catcher available.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what the fixation is with BJ Upton either. I mean hes pretty much a 25 HR, 75 RBI, 35 SB guy that bats 240 or so? Is he just another Napoli? While he is a good option for center, is he really an impact player? He certainly isn't worth trading a high level prospect though.
    True. But JUSTIN Upton is his brother and the player from Arizona everyone is talking about trading for... he's a couple years younger and a much better player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    BJ Upton signed with the Braves.

His brother Justin is the one being talked about in trade conversations, though.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Is every 2nd tier player going to sign a contract worth $13M a year? Free agency is getting crazy. This new CBA is going to cripple the teams that don't sign the huge tv contracts.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Elvis for Lee is not something I am interested in - unles the Phillies throw in a huge sum of cash. Young for Lee would be ideal, but basically a salary dump by Philly.

There is a pretty interesting trend developing with all of the players who have recently signed the mega contracts. Teams seem to be doing everything they can to offload the players a few years later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    Is every 2nd tier player going to sign a contract worth $13M a year? Free agency is getting crazy. This new CBA is going to cripple the teams that don't sign the huge tv contracts.
    Just worth noting, I'd predicted this in the Greinke thread. There's a huge influx of money in the league and more will be coming. If we think these contracts are bad, wait until 5 or 10 or 20 more teams get their next big TV contract. People will be paying $40-50M per year for an elite player, unless baseball finally adopts a salary cap. Book it.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    BJ Upton signed with the Braves.

His brother Justin is the one being talked about in trade conversations, though.
    Yea sorry, duh . I was reading about him and saw something about the Braves. Same being though, he is worth giving up a top prospect for? He's pretty much the same player though, a little better on the average and younger. However, some of our prospects easily have the same potential?

vCash
    If the Rangers lose out on Grienke what are the chances that they trade for Dickey?

What would they give up? It seems to be the general consensus that Texas will be his landing spot.

He may actually be a better option IMO. I trust Dickey (1 year at 5 mil prob with a 3 year 40 mil ext) for 4 years much more then I would trust Grienke for 7 for 160 mil. Thoughts?

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Teams Contacting Rangers About Holland
    By Luke Adams [December 5 at 10:54am CST]
    With the Rangers believed to be very much involved in the Zack Greinke sweepstakes, Texas is a candidate to add a big-name starter this week, in which case the team may look to trade one of its in-house options. As such, rival teams are calling to inquire about the availability of left-hander Derek Holland, according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (via Twitter).

The Brewers, Twins, and Royals are among the clubs that have been in touch with the Rangers about Holland, says Morosi.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#HvTMIq6T61z2gigU.99
    Brewers...Twins...Royals...not sure they have what I'd want for Holland.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Joe Mauer from the Twins?

vCash
    That would be epic but not gonna happen.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast