Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Cowboys player(s) involved in intoxicated manslaughter

Waiting on more details but local Irving reports...Josh Brent looks to be one of the parties involved

Quote:
    "Breaking: Dallas cowboys nose tackle jailed for intoxication manslaughter in Irving jail. Unclear who died in the overnight accident."

vCash
    @btbowling
    #Cowboys: Josh Brent in Irving jail for intoxicated manslaughter, Illini HC Tim Beckman saying Jerry Brown (on DC prac. squad) has passed.

vCash
    Brutal morning story.

vCash
    Very sad. Josh Brent is from my hometown. Played against him in high school. This is sad to hear

vCash

This is horrible news.

vCash
    unbelievable

vCash
    Why can't players who make millions of dollars call a cab or have a DD?

Sorry cowboys fans this is terrible news.
    My heart goes out to you and all those involved.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash

I'm praying for the Brown's family. I hope the players and fans can come together after this tragedy.

9. 12-08-2012, 04:46 PM
    Reason
    Ignorant response

vCash
    How do you put any of this on Jerry Jones or the Cowboys? Or the state of Texas?

At the end of the day, it was his decision to get behind the wheel. It's his fault and only his fault

vCash
    My prayers go out

The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

vCash
    when are these guys gonna learn to call a cab or get a limo?

vCash
    Condolences go out to family of Brown. So sad.

vCash
    Thoughts and prayers out the family and friends. I hope Brent gets the book thrown at him, Cowboys football is irrelevant at this point.

vCash
    it's always horrible to hear something like this, but sadly this is the state of many people's mentality. They believe their either above the law or accidents don't pertain to them. I have first hand knowledge of death from drinking and driving (lost my best friend).

It's also sad that the Dallas Cowboys have some serious issues both on the field and off. Sadly this incident will end up bringing negative attention to the Cowboys organization and will force them to go under a magnifying glass of speculation about the their drafting abilities, but Mr. Brent is the only one to blame.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash

Brent arrested for manslaughter

IRVING, Texas – Nose tackle Josh Brent was arrested by Irving Police early Saturday morning for intoxication manslaughter following the death of a teammate.

Brent, 24, was identified as the driver in a car crash that killed Cowboys practice squad linebacker Jerry Brown, 25. Brent was arrested for driving while intoxicated after failing field sobriety tests, according to a police report.

“We are deeply saddened by the news of this accident and the passing of Jerry Brown,” said owner Jerry Jones in a statement. “At this time, our hearts and prayers and deepest sympathies are with the members of Jerry’s family and all of those who knew him and loved him.”

Brent was responsive after the crash, but Brown wasn’t. Brown was transported to an area hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. Officers then booked Brent into Irving City jail on one count of intoxication manslaughter.

The accident occurred at 2:21 a.m. going westbound on the service road of Highway 114. The vehicle was speeding when it hit the outside curb and flipped once before coming to rest in the middle of the service road, according to the report.

Brent and Brown played college football at Illinois together. Brent, who was absent on the team charter Saturday, had already put together his best season in the NFL.

He started five games with nose tackle Jay Ratliff injured for much of the season. Brent would have been the likely starter Sunday against the Bengals with Ratliff out.

Brent compiled 22 tackles this season and forced a fumble on Eagles running back Bryce Brown last weekend that led to Morris Claiborne’s fumble return for a touchdow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast