Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas Baby
    Posts
    4,635
    vCash
    750

    Brandon Carr need to be moved

    Lets face it we payed 50 mil for a guy who should be playing on a 25 mil dollar contract. Personally I think Jenkins is better than he is and I wanted us to go after Cortland Finnegan. Watching him every week I see why he only has 1 interception, he has no ball skills and he has the speed of a linebacker. I think we need to move him to saefty because he is not a corner and most def not a number 1. If i see a ball cross the front of his face for a TD one more time i'm gonna missle kick him in the face. He jacked JJ for 50 big ones
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    552
    vCash
    1500
    That TD should have been Offesnive PI as the guy was holding Carr's arm. That said I agree with you 100% that this guy has got to step it up and if that means transferring his role to Safety so be it. In the other thread about our opinions I called Carr out too. Far too many times last night and over the course of the season Carr has been beaten an outplayed.

    We signed a #2 corner and draft a #1. I just hope that is the case and Claiborne continues to get better and Carr can step it up a bit. I hope and think next season Carr will do better being in the system for a year and hopefully taking on number two WRs because Claiborne is taking number one WRs.

    Also I do think Carr is better than Jenkins. Jenkins his pro-bowl year, no but the entirety of Jenkins' career so far, yes. Also, (knock on wood) Carr has been able to stay healthy all season something Jenkins does not seem capable of doing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas Baby
    Posts
    4,635
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post
    That TD should have been Offesnive PI as the guy was holding Carr's arm. That said I agree with you 100% that this guy has got to step it up and if that means transferring his role to Safety so be it. In the other thread about our opinions I called Carr out too. Far too many times last night and over the course of the season Carr has been beaten an outplayed.

    We signed a #2 corner and draft a #1. I just hope that is the case and Claiborne continues to get better and Carr can step it up a bit. I hope and think next season Carr will do better being in the system for a year and hopefully taking on number two WRs because Claiborne is taking number one WRs.

    Also I do think Carr is better than Jenkins. Jenkins his pro-bowl year, no but the entirety of Jenkins' career so far, yes. Also, (knock on wood) Carr has been able to stay healthy all season something Jenkins does not seem capable of doing.
    True jenkins will be hurt 85% of the season but his instincts and balls skills are far better than Carr's. Carr either needs to play safety or bump and run all game
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ashburn, VA
    Posts
    514
    vCash
    1500
    Guys, Riley needed to make a one handed grab to catch that ball. Carr was in great coverage. He was playing the player so well that he didnt even think the ball would be thrown his way, which is probably why he was so surprised when he turned around and saw the ball fly right past him and saw Riley make an amazing catch. Not every pass can be defended, that was a great throw and great catch.

    As for his speed, he has caught plenty of people from behind, he's got plenty of speed. The main issue with our D is our injuries....we have some scrubs playing now and it has caused Ryan to play more zone (which I hate) our zone D is beyond horrendous. Just saying, Carr is a legit corner with great cover and ball skills, he's also very aggresive which is a plus with Scandrick out.

    Silver and Blue, Proud and True

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,895
    vCash
    0
    i like carr alot more then jenkins. carr's work ethic, and desire to play is far superior to jenkins. plus, carr will jump in and make a tackle. jenkins will jump out of the way.

    the market was set, and we had no choice to pay what the market was set at.

    IMO, carr is a great, great, number 2 cb. but we have him playing number 1 cb.

    next year, claiborne will be ready to be number 1, and carr will be number 2.

    that, imo, should be the plan.

    jenkins is going to want an arm and a leg to stay here.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Friendswood, TX
    Posts
    2,803
    vCash
    1500
    I agree with BWare. I said it in the game thread at the time, that it was great coverage.

    Our Safeties are absolutely horrible and our pass rush is not as good as years past. Carr has been beat at times, but we do not know if help was suppose to be there in some of those cases.

    Lets give him another year.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,895
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Ware94 View Post
    Guys, Riley needed to make a one handed grab to catch that ball. Carr was in great coverage. He was playing the player so well that he didnt even think the ball would be thrown his way, which is probably why he was so surprised when he turned around and saw the ball fly right past him and saw Riley make an amazing catch. Not every pass can be defended, that was a great throw and great catch.

    As for his speed, he has caught plenty of people from behind, he's got plenty of speed. The main issue with our D is our injuries....we have some scrubs playing now and it has caused Ryan to play more zone (which I hate) our zone D is beyond horrendous. Just saying, Carr is a legit corner with great cover and ball skills, he's also very aggresive which is a plus with Scandrick out.
    great points.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    747
    vCash
    1500
    Look, forget about Mike Jenkins, I have talked to him twice over the past 7 months. Neither time did he give me much info other than he misses the Tampa area. I will be surprised if he isn't a Buck next year.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    747
    vCash
    1500
    Besides, I noticed him getting beat a lot last night.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Corpus Christi,TX
    Posts
    2,027
    vCash
    1500
    I think Jenkis is best suited for safety. He has more instincts to play safety than he has the foot work to play CB. I think he needs to at least get a look. McCray is taking bad angles constantly and even lets a pick six opportunity slide by him. I know he is just filling in but he has to make those plays!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas Baby
    Posts
    4,635
    vCash
    750
    McCray is just flat out horrible and I see why he is a backup. How can you be a SS that can't catch or tackle?
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    35,544
    vCash
    1500
    Tryst the market is not good for a 50 million, #2 corner coming off a bad year. We should keep him hope Claiborne improves and we get a safety of some value.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    2,545
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    i like carr alot more then jenkins. carr's work ethic, and desire to play is far superior to jenkins. plus, carr will jump in and make a tackle. jenkins will jump out of the way.

    the market was set, and we had no choice to pay what the market was set at.

    IMO, carr is a great, great, number 2 cb. but we have him playing number 1 cb.

    next year, claiborne will be ready to be number 1, and carr will be number 2.

    that, imo, should be the plan.

    jenkins is going to want an arm and a leg to stay here.
    I have seen him do divin leg tackles at least once a game, I've also seen him wait for other players to make the tackle while he stands there pretty much doing nothing. Mo has been the only corner that trys to make tackles, jenks, Carr, and lando don't really try.

    titties

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    975
    vCash
    1500
    Danny McCray didnt even start at safety his senior year of college at LSU lol

    Carr will improve, everyone knows hes not worth 50 million, but that was price we had to pay to get him.
    DALLAS COWBOYS 2-1 (BIG YEAR COMING FOR DEFENSE)


    Mavs 0-0
    Monta Ellis + Dirk + Calderon + Rick = Best Monta you will see

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    552
    vCash
    1500
    That TD on Carr last night was PI on the WR in my opinion. I agree, not having a pass rush, good safeties, and to a lesser extent ILB will make Carr look worse than he is. Regardless as I said earlier he is a #2 and we drafted a #1 who hopefully is ready to step up sooner rather than later to that #1 role.

    I really had high hopes and wished Matt Johnson was playing right now. I think he will be a good player and Church was promising at the beginning of the season.

    Next year hopefully we can reduce injuries and we will have a pretty strong defense, especially if we are able to add some players on the DL and possibly Safety.

    Oh and @Aus, Orlando does try to tackle he just jumps the wrong way and/or pass the offensive player with the ball. Carr tries at times but Mo does try to upend people and tackle them whenever possible which is interesting because coming out of college tackling was his "weakness" and what he was criticized for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •