Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Brandon Carr need to be moved

Lets face it we payed 50 mil for a guy who should be playing on a 25 mil dollar contract. Personally I think Jenkins is better than he is and I wanted us to go after Cortland Finnegan. Watching him every week I see why he only has 1 interception, he has no ball skills and he has the speed of a linebacker. I think we need to move him to saefty because he is not a corner and most def not a number 1. If i see a ball cross the front of his face for a TD one more time i'm gonna missle kick him in the face. He jacked JJ for 50 big ones
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    That TD should have been Offesnive PI as the guy was holding Carr's arm. That said I agree with you 100% that this guy has got to step it up and if that means transferring his role to Safety so be it. In the other thread about our opinions I called Carr out too. Far too many times last night and over the course of the season Carr has been beaten an outplayed.

We signed a #2 corner and draft a #1. I just hope that is the case and Claiborne continues to get better and Carr can step it up a bit. I hope and think next season Carr will do better being in the system for a year and hopefully taking on number two WRs because Claiborne is taking number one WRs.

Also I do think Carr is better than Jenkins. Jenkins his pro-bowl year, no but the entirety of Jenkins' career so far, yes. Also, (knock on wood) Carr has been able to stay healthy all season something Jenkins does not seem capable of doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post
    That TD should have been Offesnive PI as the guy was holding Carr's arm. That said I agree with you 100% that this guy has got to step it up and if that means transferring his role to Safety so be it. In the other thread about our opinions I called Carr out too. Far too many times last night and over the course of the season Carr has been beaten an outplayed.

We signed a #2 corner and draft a #1. I just hope that is the case and Claiborne continues to get better and Carr can step it up a bit. I hope and think next season Carr will do better being in the system for a year and hopefully taking on number two WRs because Claiborne is taking number one WRs.

Also I do think Carr is better than Jenkins. Jenkins his pro-bowl year, no but the entirety of Jenkins' career so far, yes. Also, (knock on wood) Carr has been able to stay healthy all season something Jenkins does not seem capable of doing.
    True jenkins will be hurt 85% of the season but his instincts and balls skills are far better than Carr's. Carr either needs to play safety or bump and run all game

vCash
    Guys, Riley needed to make a one handed grab to catch that ball. Carr was in great coverage. He was playing the player so well that he didnt even think the ball would be thrown his way, which is probably why he was so surprised when he turned around and saw the ball fly right past him and saw Riley make an amazing catch. Not every pass can be defended, that was a great throw and great catch.

As for his speed, he has caught plenty of people from behind, he's got plenty of speed. The main issue with our D is our injuries....we have some scrubs playing now and it has caused Ryan to play more zone (which I hate) our zone D is beyond horrendous. Just saying, Carr is a legit corner with great cover and ball skills, he's also very aggresive which is a plus with Scandrick out.

Silver and Blue, Proud and True

vCash
    i like carr alot more then jenkins. carr's work ethic, and desire to play is far superior to jenkins. plus, carr will jump in and make a tackle. jenkins will jump out of the way.

the market was set, and we had no choice to pay what the market was set at.

IMO, carr is a great, great, number 2 cb. but we have him playing number 1 cb.

next year, claiborne will be ready to be number 1, and carr will be number 2.

that, imo, should be the plan.

jenkins is going to want an arm and a leg to stay here.

vCash
    I agree with BWare. I said it in the game thread at the time, that it was great coverage.

Our Safeties are absolutely horrible and our pass rush is not as good as years past. Carr has been beat at times, but we do not know if help was suppose to be there in some of those cases.

Lets give him another year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Ware94 View Post
    Guys, Riley needed to make a one handed grab to catch that ball. Carr was in great coverage. He was playing the player so well that he didnt even think the ball would be thrown his way, which is probably why he was so surprised when he turned around and saw the ball fly right past him and saw Riley make an amazing catch. Not every pass can be defended, that was a great throw and great catch.

As for his speed, he has caught plenty of people from behind, he's got plenty of speed. The main issue with our D is our injuries....we have some scrubs playing now and it has caused Ryan to play more zone (which I hate) our zone D is beyond horrendous. Just saying, Carr is a legit corner with great cover and ball skills, he's also very aggresive which is a plus with Scandrick out.
    great points.

vCash
    Look, forget about Mike Jenkins, I have talked to him twice over the past 7 months. Neither time did he give me much info other than he misses the Tampa area. I will be surprised if he isn't a Buck next year.

vCash
    Besides, I noticed him getting beat a lot last night.

vCash
    I think Jenkis is best suited for safety. He has more instincts to play safety than he has the foot work to play CB. I think he needs to at least get a look. McCray is taking bad angles constantly and even lets a pick six opportunity slide by him. I know he is just filling in but he has to make those plays!

vCash
    McCray is just flat out horrible and I see why he is a backup. How can you be a SS that can't catch or tackle?

vCash
    Tryst the market is not good for a 50 million, #2 corner coming off a bad year. We should keep him hope Claiborne improves and we get a safety of some value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    i like carr alot more then jenkins. carr's work ethic, and desire to play is far superior to jenkins. plus, carr will jump in and make a tackle. jenkins will jump out of the way.

the market was set, and we had no choice to pay what the market was set at.

IMO, carr is a great, great, number 2 cb. but we have him playing number 1 cb.

next year, claiborne will be ready to be number 1, and carr will be number 2.

that, imo, should be the plan.

jenkins is going to want an arm and a leg to stay here.
    I have seen him do divin leg tackles at least once a game, I've also seen him wait for other players to make the tackle while he stands there pretty much doing nothing. Mo has been the only corner that trys to make tackles, jenks, Carr, and lando don't really try.

titties

vCash
    Danny McCray didnt even start at safety his senior year of college at LSU lol

Carr will improve, everyone knows hes not worth 50 million, but that was price we had to pay to get him.
    DALLAS COWBOYS 2-1 (BIG YEAR COMING FOR DEFENSE)

Mavs 0-0
    Monta Ellis + Dirk + Calderon + Rick = Best Monta you will see

vCash
    That TD on Carr last night was PI on the WR in my opinion. I agree, not having a pass rush, good safeties, and to a lesser extent ILB will make Carr look worse than he is. Regardless as I said earlier he is a #2 and we drafted a #1 who hopefully is ready to step up sooner rather than later to that #1 role.

I really had high hopes and wished Matt Johnson was playing right now. I think he will be a good player and Church was promising at the beginning of the season.

Next year hopefully we can reduce injuries and we will have a pretty strong defense, especially if we are able to add some players on the DL and possibly Safety.

Oh and @Aus, Orlando does try to tackle he just jumps the wrong way and/or pass the offensive player with the ball. Carr tries at times but Mo does try to upend people and tackle them whenever possible which is interesting because coming out of college tackling was his "weakness" and what he was criticized for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast