Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Never seen someone defend Roseman this much...he's been a disaster so far. His 2010 and 2011 drafts were utter failures. He deserves to be fired and if not relieved of some of his duties. He should not be making football decisions.

vCash
    well i know this. we had a winning formula before roseman. only difference between the winning formula and recent failure is roseman

vCash
    EB4l, I like you, I really do, but at times you make me scratch my head.

Last Stand and Donnie just summed it up so I won't spend too much time repeating those sentiments.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    He puts the product out there and on paper were we not one of the most hyped up teams in the preseason the last two years??

It's not his fault the coaching staff couldn't equate the talent into wins.

People always say Reid is not the one out there tackling, throwing picks etc..

Rosemans also not the one out there calling the plays, tackling, and injuring our players.

2 years ago was the first time in a while, where we went all out in free agency and got players that were supposed to take us over the top, but they haven't turned that into success on the field and the coach is more at fault for that then the GM is.

The same thing people defend Reid from are the same things they are ragging on Roseman for.

I love AR and know its no easy task replacing a coach of his caliber but he's more at fault than Roseman is.

Heck AR, week in and week out admits its his fault and says his coaching needs to be worked on, and I know a coach isn't supposed to throw other people under the bus but there are more politically correct answers he can say than its his fault consistently.
    Well....was the team that good? How about our secondary? Is it Andy Reid's fault that Coleman, Allen, Aso and DRC suck? Is it his fault he can't mold them into being good? Or is it Roseman's fault for bringing literally all four in? Babin? Washburn? How about our terrible LB's? When it comes down to it, a lot of the failures this team has had, especially on the defensive end, have been Roseman signings or drafts during the Roseman time.

I mean won't give AR a pass, I think there's some things not 100% kosher there. But really....it starts on paper and moves onto the field. Not the other way around. And I think the more you can start looking at this team....a lot of these problems started on paper. I don't think it matters what coach you had....Kurt Coleman sucks. Our ILB's in 2011 sucked. No matter what coach you have....our CB's can't tackle for dick. No matter what coach you had....Babin was a doucheface and only good in the wide-9. The list of issues goes on and on. And that's Roseman's job. And for that....no he's not fulfilling his duties.

You don't think it's a least, an incredibly strong coincidence, that Andy Reid was going to the playoffs at an amazingly common pace, and then Howie Roseman came in and created the "Dream Team" and everything went to hell? All I know is this: before Howie Roseman, this team went to the playoffs a lot more than after.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 12-05-2012 at 07:35 AM.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    In all fairness to EB4L, maybe he doesn't completely understand the duties of Roseman and Reid? I mean, he is from Canada and all.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Never seen someone defend Roseman this much...he's been a disaster so far. His 2010 and 2011 drafts were utter failures. He deserves to be fired and if not relieved of some of his duties. He should not be making football decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    well i know this. we had a winning formula before roseman. only difference between the winning formula and recent failure is roseman
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    EB4l, I like you, I really do, but at times you make me scratch my head.

Last Stand and Donnie just summed it up so I won't spend too much time repeating those sentiments.
    You wouldn't have spent time anyways because you still haven't shown what I'm saying is wrong instead you have to try taking shots. I can sit here and take shots to but what does that accomplish??

You piggy bank of other people needing to try making your points for you because you have a tough time doing so and even then both of them still haven't understood my point.

Both LS and DOnnie are referring to the 2010 and 2011 season but we extended Rosemans already 2 year contract in the 2012 offseason << that's the key point we extended him despite everything that's happened in the past, before the start of this year and suddenly are going to fire him because he should take the blame for our talent not providing any success on the field.

Again when Roseman doesn't get fired in the off season and were looking for a new coach, I'll be right back in this thread. Its common sense you don't extend someones contract that wasn't going to expire anytime soon just to fire em because the seasons been a failure.

You made a comment in other threads how Andy Reid isn't the problem and that injuries have let us down. Is that Howie's fault???

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Well....was the team that good?
    Are injuries predictable?? Like I've said a million times we lost a top 3 LT, and the anchor of our top 5 ranked O-line last year, this isn't something that depth can easily replace and maintain.

How about our secondary? Is it Andy Reid's fault that Coleman, Allen, Aso and DRC suck? Is it his fault he can't mold them into being good? Or is it Roseman's fault for bringing literally all four in? Babin? Washburn? How about our terrible LB's? When it comes down to it, a lot of the failures this team has had, especially on the defensive end, have been Roseman signings or drafts during the Roseman time.
    Now its Roseman's fault these guys haven't panned out?? Babin panned out last year when he led our team in sacks and had a monster year. Hasn't worked this year but that's on the coaches to make the needed changes.

I also like how everyone on this forum was complimenting Reid for helping do all this last year and now that its failed its suddenly Roseman who brought these guys in. AR admitted he had the final say and that he's the one who worked his magic to bring these guys back out of retirement.

Wasn't it Roseman that wanted Spagnuolo but he didn't want to come here because we had the Wide 9 implemented with Washburn so he took a job elsewhere??? I remember someone posted an article because Andy didn't want to lose Juan and Washburn we had to pass on Spags?? Was that not the rumor??

I mean won't give AR a pass, I think there's some things not 100% kosher there. But really....it starts on paper and moves onto the field. Not the other way around. And I think the more you can start looking at this team....a lot of these problems started on paper. I don't think it matters what coach you had....Kurt Coleman sucks. Our ILB's in 2011 sucked. No matter what coach you have....our CB's can't tackle for dick. No matter what coach you had....Babin was a doucheface and only good in the wide-9. The list of issues goes on and on. And that's Roseman's job. And for that....no he's not fulfilling his duties.
    See that's the thing I always found a way to give Andy a pass too just like you guys are doing and find scapegoats but the more I think without bias the more I see how much were being held back.

You left out how Andy is in charge of making sure the players aren't drawing penalties, or for our special teams constantly being crap this year. Those are on the coaches to get that message through to the players. He's also responsible for making sure turnovers find a way to get stopped. Horrible time management and horrible play calling. That's all on the HC.

What is the number 1 complaint everyone has about our team game in and game out, whether its eagles fans or neutral fans?? It's why isn't our offense more balanced when we have a top tier RB on our roster?? Is that Howie's fault too???

IF Andy's here great, I'm happy.
    IF Howies here or gone, I'm happy.
    I'm an eagles fan I don't care who's here as long as they are leading us to the title. But I'm not going to blindly hate on someone and suddenly turn on him because I blindly love someone else, which is the case with Andy and many people.

Andy Reid brought in Mike Vick, Andy Reid had horrible first rounders even before Roseman came here.
    Roseman came here after the end of our franchise QB's tenure and replacing him was not easy especially since we weren't going to draft one high.
    Reid trusted Kolb and he sucked.
    Reid trusted Vick and he sucked.

Andy Reid has more say in this than Roseman and who is to say it wasn't AR saying we didn't need to replace Coleman and Nate Allen???

Our ILB's sucked in 2011 but in 2012 were way better thanks to the draft and trade. Error corrected. The biggest weaknesses right now on this team are weakside LB and safety play. Other then that everything else is a minor need like OL depth, a WR upgrade if possible.

The DRC and 2nd for Kolb trade was masterful.
    Trading Asante for peanuts was dumb.
    Trading for Demeco was beautiful.
    2011 draft was horrribllee
    2012 draft was deemed our best draft during the AR era.

2011 our biggest weakness was secondary and we signed the biggest fish on the market and at the time everyone was in love with it, fans media you name it. Was Howie to know the 2nd best CB would just suddenly decline like this?

Like I said in my argument with Synester DRC n Nnamdi may seem bad but like you pointed out, the lack of good safeties ****s them over and the lack of pressure negates them. In the first half against the Cowboys our CB's held the WR's to 2 catches at half when we constantly got pressure on Romo. Second half we didn't get pressure and what happened?? We got exposed again..This happens on every team, you give good QB's time in the pocket and they'll pick you apart.

If Nnamdi is a problem then Andy would've gotten rid of him just like babin and let Hughes or Marsh play.

You don't think it's a least, an incredibly strong coincidence, that Andy Reid was going to the playoffs at an amazingly common pace, and then Howie Roseman came in and created the "Dream Team" and everything went to hell? All I know is this: before Howie Roseman, this team went to the playoffs a lot more than after
    We also lost our franchise QB that manned our team for almost a decade during that same time. Franchise QB's don't grow on trees and we don't have top tier WR's to make mediocre QB's look good. So yes it is a coincidence because we should've been grooming a QB even before Howie came in. That's all on the prior regime.

Look at every team competing for a playoff spot they have bigger holes than us but they can over come those because they have good QB's. We don't have good QB'ing to overcome our injuries. When we had McNabb we were able to overcome weaknesses.

I can list a crap load of examples but you get my point. Nnamdi and DRC tackling are not what's holding our team back.

We can't overcome holes with our QB turning the ball over all the time and not managing the game properly.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    In all fairness to EB4L, maybe he doesn't completely understand the duties of Roseman and Reid? I mean, he is from Canada and all.
    LMAO keep proving my point
    Trying to take low blows is what your best for...

Trolls like you is why guys like Eagles_Guy, SL and WildWesty left. You guys do nothing but try to bait instead of bringing actual knowledgeable debates to the table. It's a damn shame.

You would expect more respect from a guy who says he's a family guy, and jokes that are actually funny, but guess not
    Last edited by Eagles4Lyfe; 12-05-2012 at 03:56 PM.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    You wouldn't have spent time anyways because you still haven't shown what I'm saying is wrong instead you have to try taking shots. I can sit here and take shots to but what does that accomplish??

You piggy bank of other people needing to try making your points for you because you have a tough time doing so and even then both of them still haven't understood my point.

Both LS and DOnnie are referring to the 2010 and 2011 season but we extended Rosemans already 2 year contract in the 2012 offseason << that's the key point we extended him despite everything that's happened in the past, before the start of this year and suddenly are going to fire him because he should take the blame for our talent not providing any success on the field.

Again when Roseman doesn't get fired in the off season and were looking for a new coach, I'll be right back in this thread. Its common sense you don't extend someones contract that wasn't going to expire anytime soon just to fire em because the seasons been a failure.

You made a comment in other threads how Andy Reid isn't the problem and that injuries have let us down. Is that Howie's fault???

Are injuries predictable?? Like I've said a million times we lost a top 3 LT, and the anchor of our top 5 ranked O-line last year, this isn't something that depth can easily replace and maintain.

Now its Roseman's fault these guys haven't panned out?? Babin panned out last year when he led our team in sacks and had a monster year. Hasn't worked this year but that's on the coaches to make the needed changes.

I also like how everyone on this forum was complimenting Reid for helping do all this last year and now that its failed its suddenly Roseman who brought these guys in. AR admitted he had the final say and that he's the one who worked his magic to bring these guys back out of retirement.

Wasn't it Roseman that wanted Spagnuolo but he didn't want to come here because we had the Wide 9 implemented with Washburn so he took a job elsewhere??? I remember someone posted an article because Andy didn't want to lose Juan and Washburn we had to pass on Spags?? Was that not the rumor??

See that's the thing I always found a way to give Andy a pass too just like you guys are doing and find scapegoats but the more I think without bias the more I see how much were being held back.

You left out how Andy is in charge of making sure the players aren't drawing penalties, or for our special teams constantly being crap this year. Those are on the coaches to get that message through to the players. He's also responsible for making sure turnovers find a way to get stopped. Horrible time management and horrible play calling. That's all on the HC.

What is the number 1 complaint everyone has about our team game in and game out, whether its eagles fans or neutral fans?? It's why isn't our offense more balanced when we have a top tier RB on our roster?? Is that Howie's fault too???

IF Andy's here great, I'm happy.
    IF Howies here or gone, I'm happy.
    I'm an eagles fan I don't care who's here as long as they are leading us to the title. But I'm not going to blindly hate on someone and suddenly turn on him because I blindly love someone else, which is the case with Andy and many people.

Andy Reid brought in Mike Vick, Andy Reid had horrible first rounders even before Roseman came here.
    Roseman came here after the end of our franchise QB's tenure and replacing him was not easy especially since we weren't going to draft one high.
    Reid trusted Kolb and he sucked.
    Reid trusted Vick and he sucked.

Andy Reid has more say in this than Roseman and who is to say it wasn't AR saying we didn't need to replace Coleman and Nate Allen???

Our ILB's sucked in 2011 but in 2012 were way better thanks to the draft and trade. Error corrected. The biggest weaknesses right now on this team are weakside LB and safety play. Other then that everything else is a minor need like OL depth, a WR upgrade if possible.

The DRC and 2nd for Kolb trade was masterful.
    Trading Asante for peanuts was dumb.
    Trading for Demeco was beautiful.
    2011 draft was horrribllee
    2012 draft was deemed our best draft during the AR era.

2011 our biggest weakness was secondary and we signed the biggest fish on the market and at the time everyone was in love with it, fans media you name it. Was Howie to know the 2nd best CB would just suddenly decline like this?

Like I said in my argument with Synester DRC n Nnamdi may seem bad but like you pointed out, the lack of good safeties ****s them over and the lack of pressure negates them. In the first half against the Cowboys our CB's held the WR's to 2 catches at half when we constantly got pressure on Romo. Second half we didn't get pressure and what happened?? We got exposed again..This happens on every team, you give good QB's time in the pocket and they'll pick you apart.

If Nnamdi is a problem then Andy would've gotten rid of him just like babin and let Hughes or Marsh play.

We also lost our franchise QB that manned our team for almost a decade during that same time. Franchise QB's don't grow on trees and we don't have top tier WR's to make mediocre QB's look good. So yes it is a coincidence because we should've been grooming a QB even before Howie came in. That's all on the prior regime.

Look at every team competing for a playoff spot they have bigger holes than us but they can over come those because they have good QB's. We don't have good QB'ing to overcome our injuries. When we had McNabb we were able to overcome weaknesses.

I can list a crap load of examples but you get my point. Nnamdi and DRC tackling are not what's holding our team back.

We can't overcome holes with our QB turning the ball over all the time and not managing the game properly.

LMAO keep proving my point
    Trying to take low blows is what your best for...

Trolls like you is why guys like Eagles_Guy, SL and WildWesty left. You guys do nothing but try to bait instead of bringing actual knowledgeable debates to the table. It's a damn shame.

You would expect more respect from a guy who says he's a family guy, and jokes that are actually funny, but guess not
    Dude, I'm not trying to make any low blows. Well, beside the Canada thing, but really, it's a joke and nothing more.

No one has said that Howie WILL be fired, we have just pointed out that it COULD happen, and there is justification for it. Sure, he might be retained, or he might be relieved of duties. My point is more that it's a possibility and that his extension won't/doesn't impact the decision that is made.

I'm going to pretend that you don't actually categorize me as a troll. If so, well, ok. I won;t bring up the multiple occurrences you have had in the main, other teams forums trolling and baiting your *** off.

As far as blame, nobody is putting all the blame on Roseman, to do so is dumb.

To put all the blame on Andy is dumb.

To put all the blame on Vick is dumb.

To put all the blame on the defense is dumb.

There is enough blame to go around, but if you look at some of our biggest issues this year, as 1908 has pointed out, Roseman was involved.

vCash
    well done EB4L.

i agree that there is a lot of blame to go around. but this lynchmob that is forming for roseman is a little ridiculous. first of all, none of us know exactly how most of these decisions went down. who was driving which decision, etc. second, to pin the state of the personnel, the 2010 & 2011 drafts and the eagles record since roseman has been here on roseman any more than reid is a joke.

does anyone really think roseman went in there as a 35 year old first time/year gm and rolled over reid (the longest tenured coah in the nfl) on draft day and in building the roster? if so, either (i) reid is a huge pu$$y or (ii) roseman is a badass and i have more respect for him. i just don't think it happened that way. seems more likely that roseman was eased in early with reid in control.

also, a lot of those draft picks in 2010/2011 stink of AR. reaching for guys a round and a half earlier than their projections.

if roseman really ran everything the past three years and reid was just doing his job the best he could with what he had, then the man upstairs knows this and roseman will get the boot.

vCash
    Age isn't a factor an alpha dog is an alpha dog regardless of age

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Age isn't a factor an alpha dog is an alpha dog regardless of age
    sure. age doesn't necessarily dictate one's aggressiveness. but you can't say age/experience plays no factor in the business world which is what i am talking about.

vCash
    No one has blamed it all on Roseman. You must have missed the line of where I said not everything is 100% kosher on Reid.

But yes, to some point, you put this on Roseman for not panning out. His saftey tandem? His LB's? Watkins? Bell? You have to put a lot of that on Roseman. It's Roseman who's given Reid this roster.

No one has said "Fire Roseman" but you asked what duties he wasn't fulfilling. His one duty is to put a great roster on paper. Sure, we've had some injuries. You'll notice, I don't think I blamed a single thing of the offense on Howie Roseman. Not one. But that defense is almost 100% attributable to Roseman's signings, draftees and trades. There comes a moment and a time when you have to realize that Reid works with what he's given under Roseman, and honestly, it's hard to put much blame on Reid for that defensive travesty we're running with right now, as they've been mainly assembled by Roseman.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    No one has blamed it all on Roseman. You must have missed the line of where I said not everything is 100% kosher on Reid.

But yes, to some point, you put this on Roseman for not panning out. His saftey tandem? His LB's? Watkins? Bell? You have to put a lot of that on Roseman. It's Roseman who's given Reid this roster.

No one has said "Fire Roseman" but you asked what duties he wasn't fulfilling. His one duty is to put a great roster on paper. Sure, we've had some injuries. You'll notice, I don't think I blamed a single thing of the offense on Howie Roseman. Not one. But that defense is almost 100% attributable to Roseman's signings, draftees and trades. There comes a moment and a time when you have to realize that Reid works with what he's given under Roseman, and honestly, it's hard to put much blame on Reid for that defensive travesty we're running with right now, as they've been mainly assembled by Roseman.
    you don't think reid had input in that?! come on. he is the longest tenured coach in the nfl. how many times does he, roseman and lurie have to confirm that reid has the final say on personnel decisions before you guys believe them? or do you think they are lying to protect roseman? i don't get how someone says that the defensive personnel is 100% on roseman. but reid has the final say.

vCash
    This is the continuation of the coach firings for us i think Marty Mornhinweg could be next hopefully followed by Reid.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567