Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Not disagreeing with you but then what's the point of extending him in the first place instead of waiting for the season to end first then evaluating him.
    Who knows what goes on behind the scenes...but Lurie won't keep him around just because he extended him. Coming into the season the outlook was a lot better....but the he mistakes he's made are glaring now.

The money he's making is probably insignificant in the grand scheme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Who knows what goes on behind the scenes...but Lurie won't keep him around just because he extended him. Coming into the season the outlook was a lot better....but the he mistakes he's made are glaring now.

The money he's making is probably insignificant in the grand scheme.
    Could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the news broke 3 weeks ago that we have him an extension, but that the extension actually happened over the summer.

After the train wreck this season has been, I don't think there's a single person in the organization who is safe.

Trent Cole just signed a big extension this year.......I'd say he's in danger....so why not Roseman?

Sorry, but it's been proven before that Reid could coach with talent (look 2000-04 specifically). But this team is actually not overly talented. The players on our team are either really great, or really bad.

Lights, Cameras, Jackson

vCash
    Vick just got 100 million. Nothing is ever guaranteed. An extension doesn't keep Howie safe by any means.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I don't believe they are.

I mean obviously not
    The more you start reading that it was Roseman who hired Washburn and Reid didn't want him, and then you look at the timing of Roseman coming in, and you coincide all the signings pushed by Roseman with the downfall of the team....the more and more the common denominator is becoming "Howie Roseman" and not "Andy Reid".

I had mentioned something a few weeks back that I thought it was funny that this team took a turn for the worse with Roseman (I was, of course, blasted by many, because, Andy Reid is the devil). I'm starting to think it's less and less funny and more and more a strong possibility as to the reason why.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    I actually suggested that Roseman should be on the hotseat a few weeks ago.Now with more articles like that it just backs up my way of thinking.When Roseman became GM I was skeptical because of his inexperience.Then the big off season last year had most everyone sipping the Roseman kool aid,myself included.Looking back that kool aid was tainted.

vCash
    Roseman came out and denied the reports and said it was all Andy hahaha. What a weasel. He's quick to throw big red under the bus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    The more you start reading that it was Roseman who hired Washburn and Reid didn't want him, and then you look at the timing of Roseman coming in, and you coincide all the signings pushed by Roseman with the downfall of the team....the more and more the common denominator is becoming "Howie Roseman" and not "Andy Reid".

I had mentioned something a few weeks back that I thought it was funny that this team took a turn for the worse with Roseman (I was, of course, blasted by many, because, Andy Reid is the devil). I'm starting to think it's less and less funny and more and more a strong possibility as to the reason why.
    It's more to do with the fact you are from Kentucky, and less to do with Reid being the devil.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Roseman came out and denied the reports and said it was all Andy hahaha. What a weasel. He's quick to throw big red under the bus.
    Where, when, huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Where, when, huh?
    They were talking about it on 94.1 WIP. Said that Reid has final say on all moves.

Edit: it's on Jeff McLane's twitter...he says:

"Read the denial closely. Says he never had "more" say then Reid. BC Andy has final say.... he can claim that, but the idea was HR's (Howie Roseman)"

vCash
    to me, the mclane story seems like an obvious reid camp planted story. his agent tried to pull some **** like this (i.e., tried to manipulate the media) when he was looking for an extension earlier in camp. the agent reps a ton of coaches and management people in the league and i think he sees this thing falling apart with his client's reputation taking a huge hit. he is protecting his client.

i find it hard to believe that little howie roseman was able to jam such a huge decision like that on reid. that to me reeks of BS. and you know what, if reid could get pressured into such a huge decision by a 35 year old first-time GM, that is an indictment of reid. as the longest tenured coach in the nfl, you don't agree to transform your entire defensive philosophy without being 100% behind the decision. if you do, you lost control and i don't think you are worthy of the job.

i think reid's camp is just trying to save face. (i) give luire a narrative that allows him to keep reid or (ii) give reid a story to sell his next employers about what went wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybirdblog View Post
    Could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the news broke 3 weeks ago that we have him an extension, but that the extension actually happened over the summer.

After the train wreck this season has been, I don't think there's a single person in the organization who is safe.

Trent Cole just signed a big extension this year.......I'd say he's in danger....so why not Roseman?

Sorry, but it's been proven before that Reid could coach with talent (look 2000-04 specifically). But this team is actually not overly talented. The players on our team are either really great, or really bad.
    He had two years left on his already signed contract, like I said what would be the point of extending him for another two years when his contract wasn't even close to being up, then just firing him after the season because it was bad.

Also the signing Vick example is not even similar in any way. Vick was a FA signed a contract that gave us an out clause 2 years into it because of his age and possible decline, I don't see any similarities whatsoever. Players contracts work in different ways, whereas you get a certain amount of guaranteed money with the team having many out clauses, every team has that.

That Trent Cole being in trouble is all bull. There is no way we get rid of Babin AND Cole and go into next year relying on 2 or 3 first year full time starters at the ends. If this is the case then that means were going into complete rebuild mode, new coach and scheme, new QB, new philosophies, new everything.
    Do you really think that's what going to happen??

I know people hate Roseman, and the knock on him has always been he's more of a numbers guy instead of a football mind. But when we got Demeco, wasn't he the architect behind that trade?? It shows he is capable of picking out our weaknesses and looking to make a move to correct it.

I'm not trying to defend the guy but it would just be weird to me if they fired him and would really shock me if it happens, doesn't mean I won't be kinda happy but I just don't see it.

It's like the Phillies who just extended Hamels, signing him to a longer extension again next summer, then trading him because he had a bad year.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    He had two years left on his already signed contract, like I said what would be the point of extending him for another two years when his contract wasn't even close to being up, then just firing him after the season because it was bad.

Also the signing Vick example is not even similar in any way. Vick was a FA signed a contract that gave us an out clause 2 years into it because of his age and possible decline, I don't see any similarities whatsoever. Players contracts work in different ways, whereas you get a certain amount of guaranteed money with the team having many out clauses, every team has that.

That Trent Cole being in trouble is all bull. There is no way we get rid of Babin AND Cole and go into next year relying on 2 or 3 first year full time starters at the ends. If this is the case then that means were going into complete rebuild mode, new coach and scheme, new QB, new philosophies, new everything.
    Do you really think that's what going to happen??

I know people hate Roseman, and the knock on him has always been he's more of a numbers guy instead of a football mind. But when we got Demeco, wasn't he the architect behind that trade?? It shows he is capable of picking out our weaknesses and looking to make a move to correct it.

I'm not trying to defend the guy but it would just be weird to me if they fired him and would really shock me if it happens, doesn't mean I won't be kinda happy but I just don't see it.

It's like the Phillies who just extended Hamels, signing him to a longer extension again next summer, then trading him because he had a bad year.

Sometimes your lack of understanding is mind blowing.

The Eagles could very well, with reason, and quite understandably part ways with Howie at any point. The extension means pretty much nothing if its deemed that he isn't performing duties as expected. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sometimes your lack of understanding is mind blowing.

The Eagles could very well, with reason, and quite understandably part ways with Howie at any point. The extension means pretty much nothing if its deemed that he isn't performing duties as expected. Period.
    What has he done this year to show he isn't performing his duties?? He got an extension based of what he did in the offseason. What has he done during the season to warrant such a substantial change in heart??

I'm not disagreeing with you about the part that we can part ways with him anytime but you don't seem to get is why wouldn't we wait until this season was over before extending him because he still had 2 years left anyways.

He put the talent on the field and the coaching let him down, that's not his fault completely. Putting the blame on him is just finding more scape goats especially when Reid said he had the final call on everything and over saw everything before it was done.

Our draft picks played well and the trade for Ryans definitely has helped us, so what did he do wrong exactly??

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    What has he done this year to show he isn't performing his duties?? He got an extension based of what he did in the offseason. What has he done during the season to warrant such a substantial change in heart??

I'm not disagreeing with you about the part that we can part ways with him anytime but you don't seem to get is why wouldn't we wait until this season was over before extending him because he still had 2 years left anyways.

He put the talent on the field and the coaching let him down, that's not his fault completely. Putting the blame on him is just finding more scape goats especially when Reid said he had the final call on everything and over saw everything before it was done.

Our draft picks played well and the trade for Ryans definitely has helped us, so what did he do wrong exactly??
    This is two years in a row this team has been underperforming and this year they've been really bad. He had a major hand in that.

That's one of his duties. Putting out a winning football team.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    He puts the product out there and on paper were we not one of the most hyped up teams in the preseason the last two years??

It's not his fault the coaching staff couldn't equate the talent into wins.

People always say Reid is not the one out there tackling, throwing picks etc..

Rosemans also not the one out there calling the plays, tackling, and injuring our players.

2 years ago was the first time in a while, where we went all out in free agency and got players that were supposed to take us over the top, but they haven't turned that into success on the field and the coach is more at fault for that then the GM is.

The same thing people defend Reid from are the same things they are ragging on Roseman for.

I love AR and know its no easy task replacing a coach of his caliber but he's more at fault than Roseman is.

Heck AR, week in and week out admits its his fault and says his coaching needs to be worked on, and I know a coach isn't supposed to throw other people under the bus but there are more politically correct answers he can say than its his fault consistently.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast