Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    That's all well and good, except for the fact that Tom Heckert was working for the Browns during the 2010 draft. He left after the 2009 season and was hired by Holmgren almost immediately.

I am completely speechless at all the "let's keep Andy" comments.
    Thats what I was wondering, though Roseman did a hell of a job in this past draft. I think he was in charge for the previous one right? Which was pretty horrible

1st: Danny Watkins - Middle aged in NFL years when we drafted him. Better OL still on the board (including Gabe Carimi), was a second round prospect. Was pretty good in his rookie season after winning his starting job back from Kyle Devan. Has been pretty bad this year, this could also be because of the injury hes battled all season. Jury is still out

2nd: Jaiquawn Jarrett - Tried to force him into a FS role, much more suited for SS. Never showed he was capable of competing at the NFL level. Took him long before he was projected.

3rd: Curtis Marsh - Seems ok, project kind of CB. Dont see him developing into much

3rd: Casey Mathews - Took him too high. Struggled at the beginning of last season, think this was largely due to us expecting him to be our starting MLB as a rookie, LB corps as a whole wasnt very good. Think they gotta stop trying to force the issue at MIKE and let him play his natural position at WILL. Still have high hopes for him, has shown big improvements, just doesnt get a lot of playing time because of the other players we added since him

4th: Alex Henry - Still one of the dumbest picks I have ever seen. Never, ever any reason to take a Kicker earlier than the 7th round and even then, drafting a kicker is usually pretty dumb. No one else was going to take him this early, could have waited much, much later to get him if they REALLY wanted him. Hasn't done a bad job here

5th: Dion Lewis - Will be cut, nothing really to contribute to the team

5th: Julian Vandervelde - On and off the roster frequently. Staff must really like him if they keep making efforts to keep him around, however, isn't good enough to crack the active roster or a starting job even with how bad this OL was at points this season

6th: Jason Kelce - Surprising level of play for how late he was drafted. Without a doubt our starting C for the foreseeable future.

6th: Brian Rolle - Another player who had good value based on where he was picked. Cracked the starting lineup his rookie year, looked to be our WILL of the future. However got lazy and made no effort and made no improvement from his rookie season. Cut in favor of Akeem Jordan

7th: Greg Lloyd - Disappointing from the get go, traded to the Colts for next to nothing

7th: Stanley Havili - Project player, converted HB to FB. Pretty much handed the starting FB in the offseason. Impressed people by bulking up, seems to have made big strides with his blocking. Is a non factor as a ball carrier. Not a threat in anyway with this offense, could be due to the Eagles not utilizing a FB all that much, or could be due to his talent. Pretty good pick based on position and what were getting out of him. Think he will get another year or two as the starting FB (unless a new coach comes in and overhauls), simply because the position isn't emphasized and could be seen as a waste of time and other resources trying to add a replacement.

This draft is a mid range D, 2012 is a B+ or so thus far. Im willing to let Howie slide on the first one because it was his first draft etc.

But this previous draft he was great. Hes also been great with FAs: Mathis, Jenkins, Ryans, Babin (his first year), Nhamdi (no one expected to under perform like he has).
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Agreed...seems like the FO is trying to make moves to win over the fan base. Releasing Babin and cutting ties with Washburn are moves we wanted for weeks.
    Maybe they read PSD?
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I still think Reid ends up getting fired. Lurie demanded improves multiple times and ended up with a dumpster fire. Someone major usually pays for these type of messes and I wouldn't classify a defensive line coach as major.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Agreed...seems like the FO is trying to make moves to win over the fan base. Releasing Babin and cutting ties with Washburn are moves we wanted for weeks.
    Happy Bday dude

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    That's all well and good, except for the fact that Tom Heckert was working for the Browns during the 2010 draft. He left after the 2009 season and was hired by Holmgren almost immediately.

I am completely speechless at all the "let's keep Andy" comments.
    damn me, i meant Joe Banner... my bad! good call out lol.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    If Rex gets fired wouldn't anyone be against hiring him as the new D-Coord. for the Eagles??? So far I'm not sold on Bowles at all.

vCash
    I don't know how I feel about Bowles. He hates the wide-9 so I wouldn't mind seeing how he does now that he doesn't have to employ it as often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Green View Post
    If Rex gets fired wouldn't anyone be against hiring him as the new D-Coord. for the Eagles??? So far I'm not sold on Bowles at all.
    I would love it, he would come here with a 3-4 D.
    Last edited by papirico52; 12-03-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash

Hiring disruptive Washburn mistake from Day 1

It was a disaster from the start. All of it. The decision to hire Jim Washburn as defensive line coach before Andy Reid even found a defensive coordinator. The decision a couple weeks later to make Juan Castillo his defensive coordinator. The decision to replace Castillo with Howard Mudd and his gimmicky offensive line scheme.

In Washburn and Mudd, Reid got two veteran line coaches with glowing reputations but one with a novelty scheme that can’t produce sustainable results and the other with a blocking system that might have worked for Peyton Manning and the Colts but was ill-suited to the quarterback and personnel the Eagles have.

And in Castillo, Reid got a defensive coordinator who was not only miscast from the beginning but forced to work with a defensive line coach who had little respect for the former offensive line coach and didn’t hesitate to show it, two team insiders – one player, one assistant coach – said in the last few days.

The whole thing was built the wrong way. You can’t hire a defensive line coach and then a coordinator. It takes the traditional power structure of a coaching staff and makes a mockery of it. How could Castillo be expected to lead that defensive meeting room when one of his own coaches was conspiring against him?

A coordinator must lead all the position coaches. If they don’t all respect him, then the players won’t all respect him, and the whole chain of command falls to pieces.

Castillo is a good man who was put in an impossible situation. Washburn, a lifetime defensive coach who’s never been shy about speaking his mind and trampling anyone in his way, often made his disdain for Castillo clear.

Washburn operated apart from Castillo, running his own little defensive line fiefdom and often either ignoring Castillo or derisively calling him “Juanita” in front of his players, the veteran defensive player said. He was condescending and confrontational and embarrassed Castillo frequently in meetings and at practice and also went over the line criticizing his players at times.

The current Eagles assistant coach said both Washburn and Mudd looked down on the other position coaches, held themselves in higher regard than the others and rarely interacted with their colleagues.

"Did you ever see Howard or Wash walk off the field after practice with another position coach or one of the coordinators?" he said. "Nope. They were either by themselves or with each other."

Even after Castillo was fired in October and replaced by Todd Bowles, a respected veteran defensive coach, Washburn continued to be difficult, the defensive player said. And when slumping one-time Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Babin, who he had coached for years in Tennessee and was very close with, was released last week, Washburn became more disruptive than ever.

Babin was all about compiling sacks, never about winning, never about being part of a team, and it turns out Washburn was exactly the same. No coincidence they were dismissed less than a week apart.

Washburn followed Babin out the front door of the NovaCare Complex Monday morning, the latest casualty of a disastrous season and a disastrous series of decisions Reid made in a two-week span in late January and early February of 2011 (see story).

Washburn was actually a very good coach when it came to teaching young guys technique and getting them to play hard.

But his system was flawed. The Wide 9 doesn’t work.
    http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...145&feedID=692

And Andy chose to keep Washburn? Juan was a better choice as Oline coach, defensive coach, and person. Hindsight is 20/20, and I will admit that I didn't give Juan the credit he deserved when was here, but Andy sees him on a daily basis. He should know it was better to keep Juan around than Washburn.

Ideally, Juan should have stayed Oline coach and the defense should have been given to a defensive coach.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 12-03-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    I wooudl love it, he would come here with a 3-4 D.
    Ryan has coached the 4-3 before. I think he would stick with the 4-3 if he came here. Us in a 3-4 doesn't make any sense
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    It's rude and he deserved to be let go, not just cause he was a douche but his system didn't work. Regardless of that it's funny to me that he called Castillo "Juanita"

vCash

Goodbye wide 9!

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    It's ridiculous some of the things that are being reported about Washburn. Jeff Mclane went on a 3 minute rant about Washburn. Sounds like a terrible guy haha.

vCash
    At least we know where the cancers were

vCash
    All the talent in the world on this team and not a COACH to get these guys to work together as a TEAM....sad really...Reid tried to get "gimmicky" on the O and D lines....

If Reid is staying he needs to get a OLINE and DLINE coach that'll get these guys to play within Bowles system (if he stays on a D-coordinator)....Reid should let his DEF and OFF coordinators hire the line coaches....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast