Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wouldn't mind keeping Andy and cleansing the roster of some of these coaches... I never really liked Jim has he seemed to play favs., and his system made us a worst run defense. Also I heard Andy took over the play calling from Marty and look at that we start running the ball!

Lets go Knicks!

vCash
    I would be okay with Andy staying to help rebuild ONLY is Marty is fired, which won't happen. Bring in another OC and let's see what happens, or fire Andy.

vCash
    The problem I see is Andy and Marty are the same guy. Andy needs an OC who will push him to run the ball more, not less. But it needs to happen from game 1 and continue through the year. But I don't see Andy firing Marty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    I agree with everything except the bold... I could not disagree more...people forget this was prob our best draft class....HOWIE and ANDY were in charge....they sat with the scouts... It was the first year that BIG RED had a GM on his side... I saw an article by CSN Philly that went on about how Heckfart CONTROLLED the draft. Heck 3 years ago it was said very very verbally that ANDY moved up to get JPP but was SHOT DOWN by Heckert to get Brandon Graham.

I would love nothing more to see Andy back, been saying it a while. But with recent family struggles finally resulting in a tradagey I see him "walking away" at the end of this year. You non-parents out there or non-mature kids / adults have no idea what its like to be a father and the unconditional love you have for a child...then to go through that fight of drug addiction to think he has beaten it to only find out it was the thing that took his life... I cant even imagine... Dont think he will get fired....but he very well may just walk away..... Family > anything!!!!

Howie Roseman meets with Chip Kelly last week......some of you will get a boner over this...

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...e_roseman.html
    I think youre right, It is looking like we did pretty good in terms of this most recent draft:'

1st: Fletcher Cox - already starting, arguably our best Defensive Lineman at the moment

2nd: Mychal Kendricks - looks great in his rookie year. SAM linebackers are harder to find. Looks like we are set there for a long time.

2nd: Vinny Curry - Looked good in limited playing time. Remains to be seen but indicates he will be an impact player down the road

3rd: Nick Foles - Overall has looked pretty good considering hes in his first year, only recently started working with the first team offense, has no offensive line and a limited corps of pass catchers

4th: Brandon Boykin - Won out the starting Nickel job from a tenured player who frankly was one of the best in the league at that role

5th: Dennis Kelly - Thrust into a tough spot but has improved. Could potentially turn into a true starter for us in the near future, but at the very least will function as a very solid reserve guy who can play all over the place.

6th: Marvin McNutt - Meh. But you dont expect much from a 6th round WR anyway

6th: Brandon Washington - Gambled and they lost, no biggie, late draft picks generally don't work out

7th: Bryce Brown - Won the 2nd RB job, has looked phenomenal in his 2 starts thus far. Needs to fix his fumbling problem but with how good the rest of his game looks, you gotta be happy if thats the only area of concern, certainly fixable.

Not to mention Howie was also responsible for the acquisition of Demeco Ryans, solidifying a position we have struggled at for several years now. Ryans is also arguably the best player on this defense at the moment. And outside of McCoy, might even be the best player on this team.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jcupo6 View Post
    The problem I see is Andy and Marty are the same guy. Andy needs an OC who will push him to run the ball more, not less. But it needs to happen from game 1 and continue through the year. But I don't see Andy firing Marty.
    I agree, Andy wont fire Marty. I agree Andy needs to run the ball, but I have to disagree with the bolded part. Don't want a coach who is going to challenge the HC authority and/or oppose his philosophy. It's just asking for trouble
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Andy should be in the front office. It is time for a regime change a change in philosophy on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreenseason View Post
    Andy should be in the front office. It is time for a regime change a change in philosophy on the field.
    Couldn't agree more. The man builds winning football teams but cannot coach winning football team. Good move to get rid of Washburn. It was an interesting move in an age of passing to go with the wide nine but it has been a failed experiment.

vCash
    I bet Andy would fire Marty if Lurie told him it was one or the other lol.

I really don't know what's going on with this team, but we have been running the ball more the past 2 weeks with power running sets, not that useless shotgun running we always did with McCoy.

Lights, Cameras, Jackson

vCash
    Andy has to be staying. You rarely if ever see a coach fire this much staff, burn this many bridges unless he's going to be brought back

If Andy was getting fired he would have played the year out and then the house would have been cleaned

vCash
    I think the wide 9 had success last season because the NFC east didn't know how to prepare for it....You had Detroit and Tennessee playing that scheme, but teams don't see them often enough to gameplan....this season was a fail because you can't give the wide 9 variety....it's always going to be exposed to a strong running game...The Giants, Dallas, and even this year Washington with Alfred Morris had good strong running games....so it was time to ditch it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Andy has to be staying. You rarely if ever see a coach fire this much staff, burn this many bridges unless he's going to be brought back

If Andy was getting fired he would have played the year out and then the house would have been cleaned
    Agreed...seems like the FO is trying to make moves to win over the fan base. Releasing Babin and cutting ties with Washburn are moves we wanted for weeks.

vCash
    Andy is talking to the press about Jim and how they're going to use the wide 9 less now. I hated the wide 9 and think this is good. I would like to see Bowles imprint on this defense. He's been using the wide 9 and castillo system and he's been bad at calling it... Bowles know coverage's, i would like to see put his full imprint even tho it's late in the season... Since the season is lost I would like to see him run his system not Castillo/washburn wide 9

Lets go Knicks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    I agree with everything except the bold... I could not disagree more...people forget this was prob our best draft class....HOWIE and ANDY were in charge....they sat with the scouts... It was the first year that BIG RED had a GM on his side... I saw an article by CSN Philly that went on about how Heckfart CONTROLLED the draft. Heck 3 years ago it was said very very verbally that ANDY moved up to get JPP but was SHOT DOWN by Heckert to get Brandon Graham.

I would love nothing more to see Andy back, been saying it a while. But with recent family struggles finally resulting in a tradagey I see him "walking away" at the end of this year. You non-parents out there or non-mature kids / adults have no idea what its like to be a father and the unconditional love you have for a child...then to go through that fight of drug addiction to think he has beaten it to only find out it was the thing that took his life... I cant even imagine... Dont think he will get fired....but he very well may just walk away..... Family > anything!!!!

Howie Roseman meets with Chip Kelly last week......some of you will get a boner over this...

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...e_roseman.html
    That's all well and good, except for the fact that Tom Heckert was working for the Browns during the 2010 draft. He left after the 2009 season and was hired by Holmgren almost immediately.

I am completely speechless at all the "let's keep Andy" comments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It feels like Andy is getting a chance to clean house.

I honestly think he comes back.
    Agreed, I've been getting the feeling that Andy gets 1 more year with a (Hopefully) healthy team. With a coaching staff that got pretty much got entirely canned this year and a completely banged up roster he didn't really get a fair shot this year

vCash
    I do feel bad right now about what has happened with Andy because to me it seems like he brought some guys in, in 2010 (coaches and players) that really haven't panned out. Washburn, Babin, Jenkins, and Asomugha clearly hurt this team more than helped. He made those moves because he took a risk to win a Superbowl and unfortunately it didn't pan out. He also tried to do right by a guy who had worked his *** off under Reid for years and it just didn't work out. Reading Roob's article today about Washburn undermining Castillo it's apparent Reid made the wrong decision in firing Castillo and not Washburn during the bye.

All of that being said there is no way Reid comes back. The fact that Lurie said what he said in the beginning of the year pretty much solidifies his firing. Lurie would look weak if Reid did come back. I wish Lurie had never made his comments because I don't know if firing Reid is actually the right move for this team right now but it's pretty inevitable that's whats going to happen.

Props to Fly-Eagles-Fly for the Sig

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast