Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Can't believe I'm falling into this, but IF Reid were to come back, I could see him promoting Doug Pederson to his OC, and trying to talk Juan Castillo into coming back as the OL coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    Can't believe I'm falling into this, but IF Reid were to come back, I could see him promoting Doug Pederson to his OC, and trying to talk Juan Castillo into coming back as the OL coach.
    I honestly believe that Castillo would come back to coach the OL. He loves Reid and the organization.

I heard on 97.5 today that he was in line to be the OC of the Vikings, Reid knowing this hired Mudd, and when the Vikings gig fell through Reid gave him the DC gig. Not sure if that's true or not but that's what I heard.

vCash
    I know the timing of this move is a little suspicious, but I'm still surprised that so many of you think this means Andy will be brought back. I'm still absolutely convinced that he's gone. I don't think Lurie has the audacity to sell the fans on the same leader of such a failure. I love Andy and honestly wouldn't mind if he were back, but I don't see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    I know the timing of this move is a little suspicious, but I'm still surprised that so many of you think this means Andy will be brought back. I'm still absolutely convinced that he's gone. I don't think Lurie has the audacity to sell the fans on the same leader of such a failure. I love Andy and honestly wouldn't mind if he were back, but I don't see it.
    This, people read to much into these things.
    We were abandoning the Wide 9 anyways so why not just get rid of it now and let our young guys who will play a big part next year on our team get accustomed to regular sets.

Plus he was being a pain in the *** to work with, so it was a no brainer, holding him on for the last 4 weeks only would've kept us back. This way were good and ready to go next year.

Reid was also the big part of luring Wash and Mudd here, so maybe he didn't want them to get fired with him on the same day so AR was probably told to respectfully dismiss him.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Then why not let things play out? Reid is staying, IMO. Let me rephrase that. Reid will not be fired, IMO.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Because we as a franchise owe a lot to AR and have a lot of respect for him.
    It would be an *** movement to fire him then straight up firing the guys who he used his personal resources to lure to the team.

JL loves AR and wouldn't dog him like that, which is why were not firing him mid season.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    If Reid stays, I will be shocked. Vick and Reid are both gone already, it just isn't official.

Everything that happens now is Andy trying to do the best he can for the future of the team, save his job, and convince Lurie that he is the right guy to develop Foles and the rest of the young guys on this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km9aVJ63xUI

Some 97.5 personalities take on Washburns firing

vCash
    Usually coaches go down all at once. The firing of assistants and cutting of players is not a usual sequence of events

vCash
    Agree with everything here. Love Reid but I don't see any scenario in which he comes back next season. He's been here for a long time and had a great run, but he has run his course in Philly. He's going to be highly sought after and he'll land on his feet (let us pray it isn't in Dallas), and the hope is that we choose the right guy to replace him.
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Usually coaches go down all at once. The firing of assistants and cutting of players is not a usual sequence of events
    Coaches go down all at once when a new head coach (or GM I suppose) is hired. That happening is completely independent of what happens before the new HC or GM is hired.

It was reported that Washburn was fired because he had become a "cancer" in the Eagles locker room, not to mention the fact that his unit had underperformed greatly this season. Then he apparently threatens to quit after Babin is cut. I don't see any coach in any situation who would keep a coach after that.
    SPACE

vCash
    Have to agree with those saying Andy might be back.I had that feeling for the last couple of weeks.This just reinforces that feeling.I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Big Red back.I also wouldn't be surprised to see Juan Castillo back coaching the O-line.He did a pretty good job over the years there.Todd Bowles will probably get his walking papers.I really would like to see April get his too.He has done nothing for ST.Yea Johnson ran back a td last night but it was kind of a strange play and,it's the first big ST play in ages.

Washburn and Mudd can go back to fishing,I believe that's where they were when Andy called them 2 years ago.

vCash
    You guys have gotten me thinking about Reid returning...

The reasons I would want Andy back are because I believe he is a great leader of men and has for the most part been a great team builder and talent evaluator. Despite not winning the big one, he's a coach with a proven track record.

However, despite how much I respect his standing as a coach and the adoration I have for what he's done here, even I don't think I can stomach him being back without a complete change in coaching staff around him and/or a change in offensive philosophy.

In regards to the former, let's be honest - part of the reason we all think (thought?) Reid is done after this year is because we know how hard it will be for Lurie to keep feeding the fans the same food year after year, especially when that food turned extremely sour in the past year. But if he can somewhat freshen up the side ingredients, maybe he can manage to keep his captain while keeping the people happy.

In regards to the latter, I think in the past few years the strategy has been like trying to stick a square peg into the circle hole. The offense has not been tailored to the strengths of the players, and I think that history of unwillingness to adapt doesn't bode well for him...although I have to admit the commitment to the run since Vick has gone down is really interesting. Assuming Vick is gone next year (which given the news regarding Foles today seems to be a foregone conclusion), would Andy be willing to run with a style that plays towards the perceived strengths of this team next year (aka Shady and Bryce)? This latter condition would have to be met on a promise of change that can be demonstrated by a sustained commitment to a new philosophy in these final 4 games.

Can either of those two conditions be met? Because if not, I don't think most people are going to be sold on Big Red returning.

vCash
    You guys just talked Tommy Brasher out of retirement.

vCash
    For Andy to have guys playing as hard as they are at 3-9 is an accomplishment that shouldn't go unnoticed. We just aren't that talented. Mediocre at every position but RB and DT arguable LB

And 4 OLineman out with serious injury

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast