Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jim Washburn relieved of duties

TEAM NEWS: The Eagles have relieved the duties of defensive line coach Jim Washburn. He will be replaced by Tommy Brasher, the Eagles defensive line coach in 1985 and again from 1999-2005.

"Jim is a fine football coach and we appreciate the efforts he gave to this team over the past two years," said head coach Andy Reid. "However, I determined that it was in the team’s best interest that we move in a different direction in terms of trying to maximize the production of that position group. We look forward to having Tommy Brasher back on board to work with the defensive line."
    -Official Eagles Release.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    It feels like Andy is getting a chance to clean house.

I honestly think he comes back.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Yeesh! Another year of Andy IDK, he clearly has lost the team.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Thank Jesus, I hated that stupid scheme.

vCash
    I like the political thread title

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Yeesh! Another year of Andy IDK, he clearly has lost the team.
    I have to disagree with you there. This season stinks and everyone has to take some of the blame but I still think the players are responding to Andy. Of course I'm only going by what I see on the sidelines but still.
    “Football players, like prostitutes, are in the business of ruining their bodies for the pleasure of strangers”

vCash
    I actually saw this team trying really hard last night...they're just not that talented. I'm starting to believe Roseman will be the guy on the out, Reid's going to get even more control, and I think you'll see at least 20 new players on this roster next year in place of the ones who have quit.

Coaching staff is probably all gone too.....Morningweig should be next still. The offense has been stagnant all season, 27 pts by the offense last night was our best performance all year.

Lights, Cameras, Jackson

vCash
    oh...AND Why was this guy ever hired to begin with? He and his scheme never fit our personnel, and never allowed us to play half decent run D. Terrible move for him to ever be here.

Lights, Cameras, Jackson

vCash
    Fk it, keep Big Red. Castillo..gone. Babin...gone. Mudd is going to retire and TB will get the axe at seasons end as well.

Get Red an actual DC and continue to clean the cancerous figures out of the locker room.

vCash
    Wide 9, what a joke. He has never had a good defense. And yet they bring him in to bring in a scheme that doesn't work. Thats on Andy.

vCash
    I absolutely loved this news when I woke up. Good for Andy! Washburn seemed like a guy that would make a stink after Babin got cut. Happy they sent his *** packing.

vCash
    Washburn only cared about how many sacks he got. He was not a good coach with a scheme that ever worked. His scheme worked when they had probowlers on his team in Tenn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It feels like Andy is getting a chance to clean house.

I honestly think he comes back.
    I feel the same way and i welcome it. I think BIG RED can rebuild us again. We have to improve this defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybirdblog View Post
    I actually saw this team trying really hard last night...they're just not that talented. I'm starting to believe Roseman will be the guy on the out, Reid's going to get even more control, and I think you'll see at least 20 new players on this roster next year in place of the ones who have quit.

Coaching staff is probably all gone too.....Morningweig should be next still. The offense has been stagnant all season, 27 pts by the offense last night was our best performance all year.
    I agree with everything except the bold... I could not disagree more...people forget this was prob our best draft class....HOWIE and ANDY were in charge....they sat with the scouts... It was the first year that BIG RED had a GM on his side... I saw an article by CSN Philly that went on about how Heckfart CONTROLLED the draft. Heck 3 years ago it was said very very verbally that ANDY moved up to get JPP but was SHOT DOWN by Heckert to get Brandon Graham.

I would love nothing more to see Andy back, been saying it a while. But with recent family struggles finally resulting in a tradagey I see him "walking away" at the end of this year. You non-parents out there or non-mature kids / adults have no idea what its like to be a father and the unconditional love you have for a child...then to go through that fight of drug addiction to think he has beaten it to only find out it was the thing that took his life... I cant even imagine... Dont think he will get fired....but he very well may just walk away..... Family > anything!!!!

Howie Roseman meets with Chip Kelly last week......some of you will get a boner over this...

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...e_roseman.html

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybirdblog View Post
    oh...AND Why was this guy ever hired to begin with? He and his scheme never fit our personnel, and never allowed us to play half decent run D. Terrible move for him to ever be here.
    Weve never been a good Run - D. And we generally love getting pressure. With the exception of this season, Washburn had been able to do that. I would say that he fit what Andy usually looks to get out of his defense, pressure on the QB.
    PSD's c_reinert

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast