Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Wins the Best of 7 Series?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jamaica J-Bay's

28 50.91%
  • Tuscaloosa Twats

23 41.82%
  • GM's

4 7.27%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I like the Twats pitching too much to not vote for them.

But this would be a good competition value wise.

they also have a lot of good value offensive players that nobody knows enough about.

vCash
    Neither team impresses to make this a classic. Round 2?

J-Bay has a good lineup, but then two minor leaguers kills him. Timmy can dominate the show. Going with Timmy love me or hate me.

vCash
    I think both those teams are really MEH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Well, when you have a snake draft at the end of the season, what can you expect?

Every team kind of sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    Imagine what the talent would be like in the MLB if 30 teams tried competing. That's what we have here.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    That writeup is the biggest crock of **** and I expected better from you guys.
    It's a crock to point out that none of Jamaica's pitchers are remotely healthy and wouldn't last the season? I didn't realize pointing out the flaws in opposing teams was considered a faux pas. Especially when Pettite (75 innings) and Santana (117 in 2012) can't really be expected to make an impact in October at this point in their careers.

And if you want to argue post season effectiveness then let's not forget that Marcum and Latos were pretty brutal.

I'm not surprised by the voting but what I am surprised by is how everybody is just ignoring the fact that Jamaica's entire pitching staff are virtually all coming off major injuries in 2012. If you want to argue Stras is an injury risk go for it, but he was healthy for 2012, unlike De La Rosa (TJ) or Santana or Marcum or Pettite who all missed significant time due to injury.

Jamaica's lineup is good, but it's not good enough to overcome 4 major injuries like that.

Edit: Congrats to Jamaica on putting together a quality squad.
    Last edited by Twitchy; 12-04-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Point is Twitch, people aren't as dumb as you think. Saying other than Bautista that "the rest of the lineup is no threat", is foolish. Your second best hitter is Aaron Hill. In these type of things, you can twist numbers in 100 different directions, we both know that, so I'm not going to get into that discussion, but you said "The lineup is overrated, and littered with players with little to no experience" when you have Matt Carpenter, Lorenzo Cain, Nolan Reimold, Logan Morrison, Travis D'Arnaud and Andrelton Simmons, which is so beyond hypocritical it's hilarious. And people aren't stupid, they saw it just like I did.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    I voted for Jamaica, and it was a tough decision.
    I liked their offense more. Their starting pitchers were not as good, but SP isn't a huge deal in the playoffs.
    Jamaica in 7.
    Last edited by Johann; 12-04-2012 at 11:15 AM.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    Point is Twitch, people aren't as dumb as you think. Saying other than Bautista that "the rest of the lineup is no threat", is foolish. Your second best hitter is Aaron Hill. In these type of things, you can twist numbers in 100 different directions, we both know that, so I'm not going to get into that discussion, but you said "The lineup is overrated, and littered with players with little to no experience" when you have Matt Carpenter, Lorenzo Cain, Nolan Reimold, Logan Morrison, Travis D'Arnaud and Andrelton Simmons, which is so beyond hypocritical it's hilarious. And people aren't stupid, they saw it just like I did.
    I'm not sure I'd agree that Morrison (1146 AB), Cain (425 AB), or Reimold (808 AB) aren't that experienced. But to each his own. They're not vets, but I wouldn't call them rookies either.

It's not about people being stupid or not, VRP. It's about people coming in with a preconceived notion. If you look at the redraft forum people were saying you'd win halfway through. Which is fine. But I was asking Uggla to point out specifically where I was wrong, as opposed to just saying he doesn't like the fact that a write up by our team shows us as being better, unlike every other team in every past redraft who has done the same.

I don't treat people like they're stupid. I'm raising legitimate questions here. A couple people said they didn't like the write up - fantastic. Instead of saying that, they could point out where they disagreed. Disliking the tone is one thing. I mean, as soon as I saw the injuries I just had to have some fun with the first few paragraphs, knowing full well how people were going to vote and that it wouldn't change a thing.

Now, disagreeing with the facts, be it that your rotation threw a grand total of 525 innings last season from the top 4 guys, is a different story altogether. There's a big difference between that, and say, our healthy top 4 which threw 756 innings. That's why I think it's a legitimate question as to which of your guys would be healthy going into next year, especially the playoffs. We know Santana is injured, we know guys like De La Rosa won't be as good coming off TJ, Pettite is at a stage where he's probably not a solid be for significantly more than 100+ innings (the year he retired he threw 129). I've watched Marcum most of his career, I know he's got all these arm problems and he rarely goes deep into the season (and the one year he did, he got rocked in the playoffs cause he was dead tired). Those are 3 critical guys you're relying on for the playoffs who are just massive question marks, and it just seems like nobody has pointed that out.

Anyways, I just thought I'd clear up what I meant.

Edit: And I'll stop here, so again, congrats.
    Last edited by Twitchy; 12-04-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

vCash
    The fact that you didn't say anything about why your team should win but instead why his team should lose is what I thought was bs. Its fine to state your opinion and bash his team but why don't you at least tell us why your team is so good?
    BRING BACK CHICUBS!!!

vCash
    That's a fair point. I thought I did mention the superiority in the pen (closing experience, depth of the pen, lefty/righty matchups and guys capable of going multiple innings) as well as the fact the rotation was more dominant. Probably could have used more stats to explain it. I skimmed over the lineup which I shouldn't have done.

Thank you.

vCash
    At the end of the day both teams did a great job and congrats to you both.
    BRING BACK CHICUBS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    This redraft had no rape trades and all very good GM's, thats what happens. All the teams are really well balanced.

vCash
    El Paso Diablos got robbed!

Anyway congrats to the Jamaica J-Bays on winning the MLB Re-Draft.

vCash
    Closer than I thought it was going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast