Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    vCash
    When Arod first hurt his hip and the extent of it was described in the media, I pretty much knew it was the beginning of the end and I stated so while everyone was stupidly optimistic before and after he came back. You are all a bunch of suckers.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

- Mark Twain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    I dont get why people think this. He is a very proud individual who in all likelihood wont just sit on the bench and "collect a paycheck". You dont go down as one of the best every by pulling moves like that.

Not saying it's impossible but knowing what we know, highly unlikely. He cares too much about what people think to get labeled as a guy who stuck around for the money when clearly he has enough for several lifetimes.
    you also dont go down as one of the best with steriods,a dn that didnt stop him
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    you also dont go down as one of the best with steriods,a dn that didnt stop him
    Yeah, I hear ya but it's really not the same. And I'm sure you know that.

vCash
    Yeah, I hear ya but it's really not the same. And I'm sure you know that.
    i do, my point was when theres that much money on the line, how much to players really care about how they are viewed or how their actions are judged? my guess is proud or not, the money will do the decision making for arod

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    i do, my point was when theres that much money on the line, how much to players really care about how they are viewed or how their actions are judged? my guess is proud or not, the money will do the decision making for arod
    I dunno, when you have as much as Arod does it's really not the deciding factor anymore. Guys like Arod care about legacy, and roids or not he was a once in a generation talent...

vCash
    FYI.

Yanks insurance only kicks in after he misses a full year.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Hire Tanya Harding to take him out.....

vCash
    I dunno, when you have as much as Arod does it's really not the deciding factor anymore. Guys like Arod care about legacy, and roids or not he was a once in a generation talent...
    how do you know? just because it wouldnt be for you or other people doesnt mean its not for him

vCash
    how do you know? just because it wouldnt be for you or other people doesnt mean its not for him
    Speculation mah man, pure and simple speculation

All I'm saying is I have a hard time seeing Arod coming back if he is a shell of his former self. You think he would be ok coming back as a singles hitter/part time player making 28-30 mill? He would get torched, and we all know he needs to be loved so.... just speculation, like i said.

vCash
    And now this! This should take him all the way to July by waiting longer. Maybe even longer at his age. He should have done this in October!!

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...n-mid-january/

vCash
    At least we have an answer for his crappy play during the playoffs..

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Arod said he's "relieved" they found this injury. Will help his game tremendously.

Will believe it when I see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Arod said he's "relieved" they found this injury. Will help his game tremendously.

Will believe it when I see it.
    No steroids and 38yrs old? Relieved? Heck, we will be relieved if he can hit singles again vs righthanders..

The 30+ homerun ARod can be seen on Yankee Classics on YES.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caņamin View Post
    At least we have an answer for his crappy play during the playoffs..
    And what will the excuse be for next Oct?
    Nick

vCash

ARod will make great comeback. Bet on it!!!

MIAMI -- Alex Rodriguez knew there was something wrong, but could not figure out what it was.

Doctors determined the Yankees' star needs surgery to repair a tear in his left hip. While most would be disappointed with the news, Rodriguez was relieved because his mystery ailment had been identified and will now be corrected.

"It was a crushing blow when we got to Vail, Colo., and I talked to my doctors," Rodriguez said. "It was obviously a big blow, but there is a very small part of me that is relieved that there is a tangible issue and we can adjust and get back to playing really good baseball."

Rodriguez spoke at length about his injured left hip after he distributed toys to more than 75 Miami children at the Boys & Girls Club. Cardinals outfielder and fellow Miami native Jon Jay was also in attendance as Rodriguez posed for pictures and spent time with the kids.

"I was a beneficiary of all of these great programs, Boys [& Girls] Club being one of them," Rodriguez said. "You want to give back and share when you can."

Rodriguez hopes to be the beneficiary of excellent medical care as he tries to get ready for a return to the diamond at some point during the 2013 season.

"We are preparing for an operation that will happen in mid-January," Rodriguez said. "Then it gets tough, because that is when we need to try to climb the mountain again and do something special again like the last time."

Rodriguez had surgery on his right hip in 2009, but the 14-time All-Star had an excellent season, hitting 30 home runs and driving in 100 runs while helping the Yankees win the World Series.

"We've seen this movie before and hopefully it has the same ending as '09," Rodriguez said. "When I went down, a lot of people counted us out. We had a pretty tough April, but sometime around May the magic started and it just got better and better."

The 37-year-old is not sure of the exact date of his surgery or when he will be able to return to action. But Rodriguez is confident that he will play at some point during the upcoming season.

"I think I am definitely going to play," Rodriguez said. "We've been down this road before. We have a good plan and a good team in place. I'm looking forward to the challenge."

Typically, a person needs four to six months to recover from the surgery Rodriguez will undergo. Barring any setbacks, Rodriguez should be ready to rejoin the Yankees around mid-season and he expects to be productive upon his return.

"I think the latest sample and the most legitimate is how I played the first four months before tearing my hip and breaking my hand," Rodriguez said of how he expects to play going forward. "I think my pace was solid and definitely a winning player. After that, especially after my hand, I thought my numbers went south very quickly.
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast