Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We can't do anything but have faith in him. He'll get paid from us no matter what, it's just a matter of will he produce. Let's just hope he does.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Let just hope for the best for him. There is no way anybody will take that contract and I don't see the yanks paying most of it playing for another team.

I will say this. I will alway appreciate what Arod did in the 09 series and playoffs. He really did step it up. Arod also took alot of crap from everybody even though some of the stuff he deserved, But if it was somebody else they wouldn't have gotten as much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UESYanksFan View Post
    His hip has NEVER recovered from the issue he had a couple years ago. He can't turn through a MLB fastball anymore. All you have to look at is how much he tries to sit on the fastball now; he gets fooled by almost anything else. People focus too much on his lack of HR's...but the real story is his lack of doubles, let alone HRs. Even with less ABs than A-Rod in 2012, Martin had more doubles than A-Rod. That's crazy. A-Rod was fifth on the team in doubles, FIFTH?! Forget HRs, he has no ability to drive the ball to the gaps anymore. His hits are mostly seeing eye singles through the infield an every once in awhile a line drive single. He is a 6,7 hitter, not a 3,4,5. (in a lineup like the Yanks had this past season). He's never recovered physically from that injury, it isn't new, it's the same injury.

The thing that is inexcusable is his work ethic which likely extends into his rehab and conditioning. A-Rod is too big, his face and neck are starting to look like William Shatner's. He needs to lose about 20lbs and there is no reason given his huge salary and access to training resources, that he should be out of shape. That likely extends to his attitude around rehab and maintenance as well. If he lost 20-25lbs, he might be able to turn faster on a fastball. He needs to lean out like Tex. He isn't as strong as a Miguel Cabrera etc., ARod can't turn that body through a MLB fastball...plain and simple.
    That is one of the most uninformed statements about Arod i have ever read. Arod works harder to be is the best baseball shape of just about any player i've ever heard of. His winter workout programs are legendary plus he has some of the young players come down to Florida to workout with him. He's taken guys like Cano, Nunez and Montero under his wing to help them improve in the past. This is the same guy that brings his own special meals to high class restaurants in the off season so he doesn't break his diet. Their are alot of things u could call Arod out for but his work ethic and conditioning aren't one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Please restructure this contract and force him out earlier. Please.
    the players union would never except that, the only ways to get rid of Arod is either buyout his contract or trade him to another team and pay 95% of his contract both would count against the payroll. This isn't like the NFL very dollar of a players contract is guaranteed, if it wasn't think about how many other teams would just cut players like Zito even though he was good at times last yr, Wells Howard and a ton of others

Quote Originally Posted by MightySephiroth View Post
    A-Rod probably becomes full time DH after this, time for the Yanks to look for a starting third baseman
    agreed, missing him for the 1st part of the season sucks but it may be a blessing in disguise. He needs to be the FT DH and maybe now this forces the Yanks to find a different 3rd base solution. I'm for moving Robby to 3rd and letting Adams and Joesph battle it out in ST for 2nd base
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    BTW Billy Ball and a couple other guys who I don't feel like looking up, who just CONSTANTLY keep up with this "Roid" crap and even get so butt hurt they make racist remarks.....we see your comments, and WE DON'T GIVE A FLYING ****! You are annoying, no one gives a damn about your opinion, and at this point you are just a god damn broken record.Shut up and start becoming relevant!

P.S. I never did this with anyone, not even chuck or rzzubnyy or whatever, (no offense guy but its understandable) but you are officially the first person I am blocking (Billy ball). I come here to read and discuss baseball matters, not hate spewed, stupid, childish, immature comments like yours. You are annoying. Leave.

Go ahead, infract me, delete my post, ban me, whatever. Tired of this ****!!
    thanks u
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgear View Post
    As fa r as I'm concerned, he can missed the rest of his career in a Yankee Uniform. Never wanted him resigned after he opted out. Given all of the information that had already been out there on 'roids, I can't understand why in the first case he was resigned to that ridiculous contract, and second why there wasn't a team out clause that would have kicked in if he had been discovered to have used 'roids.

Makes you wonder what dirty secret Boras and Co' had on Hank or a relative -- to agree to that asinine contract.
    the players association would never allow an opt out clause in a contract for anything. Plus when it was confirmed Alex juiced it wasn't against the MLB rules. At that time more players were juicing than those that weren't
    Last edited by dayners81; 12-04-2012 at 07:44 AM.

vCash
    he beleives in arod becuase has no choice.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    i volunteer my serives to play 3rd for league minimum. your move cashman
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Keppinger is still on the top of my list at the moment. He would be a good fit for the lineup considering his high contact rate and low strikeout rate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    he beleives in arod becuase has no choice.
    exactly he has too because theirs really no way to rid their selves of him

vCash
    Arod is done. Won't step on the field again as a player for the Yankees. Forced into retirement and we get very lucky.

vCash
    Well, I'm already going to play RF for the min, so someone else is gonna have to step up and play 3rd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caņamin View Post
    Damn not this hip again..Obviously they didn't deal with it the right way the first time around.. He needed a more extensive procedure done not the patch up work that was done..
    UMMMMM...........It's not the same hip.....
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Man both hips are now wrecked, I see the same situation that happened with Alan Houston. ...early retirement due the injury

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    with as much money as Arod is due he'd rather sit the bench and collect the paycheck rather than retire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    with as much money as Arod is due he'd rather sit the bench and collect the paycheck rather than retire
    I dont get why people think this. He is a very proud individual who in all likelihood wont just sit on the bench and "collect a paycheck". You dont go down as one of the best every by pulling moves like that.

Not saying it's impossible but knowing what we know, highly unlikely. He cares too much about what people think to get labeled as a guy who stuck around for the money when clearly he has enough for several lifetimes.

vCash
    Lets hope his surgery goes ok for his life but not well enough to be a player.

Then maybe he will go home to Miami and just bang hot chicks.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Luckily, most of his contract is insured. I honestly think A-Rod will retire in the near future (not necessarily this year). He's an image conscious and ego-driven player and if he becomes a scrub due to his deteriorating body, he will retire. I don't think he can fathom being anything but (at the very least) an every day player.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking. His contract is a huge burden on the payroll and the dollar amounts don't equate to the on-field production that he is likely to provide in the next few years.
    Last edited by nyyfan4life; 12-05-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast