Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This latest setback to ARod didnt surprise me one bit... the Yankees should have realized this a long time ago and probably just moved on with a backup that is more durable than Chavez. ARod will never be the same again and we are stuck with him.
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Please restructure this contract and force him out earlier. Please.
    Agreed. Either defer the money over X amount of years. orr just pay the whole god damn ****ing thing off in one shot and goodbye! I've had enough.

I LOVED when we got A-Rod, and watching him just mash at YS. But since that WS win, it has been a straight nosedive.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    50-48

G: 87 | AVG: .272 | HR: 2| RBI: 27| OBP: .326 | SLG: .320 | wOBA: .293 | wRC: 80

vCash
    Can't do the payoff. Still counts towards cap.

Like Bay.

Doesn't help to just pay him $114million to go home.

vCash
    BTW Billy Ball and a couple other guys who I don't feel like looking up, who just CONSTANTLY keep up with this "Roid" crap and even get so butt hurt they make racist remarks.....we see your comments, and WE DON'T GIVE A FLYING ****! You are annoying, no one gives a damn about your opinion, and at this point you are just a god damn broken record.Shut up and start becoming relevant!

P.S. I never did this with anyone, not even chuck or rzzubnyy or whatever, (no offense guy but its understandable) but you are officially the first person I am blocking (Billy ball). I come here to read and discuss baseball matters, not hate spewed, stupid, childish, immature comments like yours. You are annoying. Leave.

Go ahead, infract me, delete my post, ban me, whatever. Tired of this ****!!
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    50-48

G: 87 | AVG: .272 | HR: 2| RBI: 27| OBP: .326 | SLG: .320 | wOBA: .293 | wRC: 80

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    BTW Billy Ball and a couple other guys who I don't feel like looking up, who just CONSTANTLY keep up with this "Roid" crap and even get so butt hurt they make racist remarks.....we see your comments, and WE DON'T GIVE A FLYING ****! You are annoying, no one gives a damn about your opinion, and at this point you are just a god damn broken record.Shut up and start becoming relevant!

P.S. I never did this with anyone, not even chuck or rzzubnyy or whatever, (no offense guy but its understandable) but you are officially the first person I am blocking (Billy ball). I come here to read and discuss baseball matters, not hate spewed, stupid, childish, immature comments like yours. You are annoying. Leave.

Post of the Day!

vCash
    ^ unless you ignore me, of course...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post

His last post got him banned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    King RY!

All hail the king.

vCash
    Do you predict I get banned this season or in 2014?

vCash
    It should be interesting to see what NY does here. Does anyone know a time frame on his return? I'm not seeing anything indicating how much of the season he might miss.
    As fa r as I'm concerned, he can missed the rest of his career in a Yankee Uniform. Never wanted him resigned after he opted out. Given all of the information that had already been out there on 'roids, I can't understand why in the first case he was resigned to that ridiculous contract, and second why there wasn't a team out clause that would have kicked in if he had been discovered to have used 'roids.

Makes you wonder what dirty secret Boras and Co' had on Hank or a relative -- to agree to that asinine contract.

vCash

Why Cashman still believes in ARod

To think A-Rod could still be an impact player required a significant leap of faith. So the news that he will undergo surgery to repair a torn labrum and other issues in his left hip and miss perhaps half the 2013 season is something tangible to deal with.

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman called the problems "fixable," and he seemed confident of getting some more good years out of Rodriguez. Doctors did a similar procedure on A-Rod's right hip in 2008, and when he returned in 2009, he drove in 100 runs in 124 games and batted .365 in the postseason, leading the Yankees to their 27th championship.

If he did it once, why can't he do it again? Does it make sense that one of the hardest-working, most conscientious and productive players of our time would suddenly be toast at 37?

This isn't about performance-enhancing drugs, either. Alex Rodriguez didn't build a 19-year career simply on steroids, even though there are justifiable questions about whether steroid use contributed to both hips breaking down. If performance-enhancing drugs enhanced A-Rod's productivity, they didn't contribute to a skill set that was off the charts.

The more I think about it the more Brian makes sense. The odds are that ARod will have the last laugh at all the naysayers.
    We sure could use him being the hitting stud he was.
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    We have no outs with his contract, 37, off of hip surgery, bloated contract... we need to hope he returns as a home run hitting Yankee. What would you suggest Cashman to say even if they were to deal him in the offseason?
    Quote Originally Posted by vash9 View Post
    The Almighty God of all Knicks fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksRSick View Post
    We have no outs with his contract, 37, off of hip surgery, bloated contract... we need to hope he returns as a home run hitting Yankee. What would you suggest Cashman to say even if they were to deal him in the offseason?
    I would expect Cashman to say lets go get Josh Hamilton and Stephen Drew and re-sign Ichiro

vCash
    Or he will continue to sit on fastballs and look like a shell of the former player he was. All while not producing in the postseason and failing to live up to the rest of his contract.

vCash
    Give David Adams and Eduardo Nunez a chance to prove themselves. Battle it out for Third Base.
    Bring in a lefty like Stephen Drew to compliment them. Place him in the Eric Chavez role.
    He can also play SS which will be valuable to the Yankees in the long run of a season.
    Right now what the team is looking at is no Arod and a battered Derek Jeter.
    Overpaying for more broken down talent is useless. Letting the young guys play seems best.
    Someway, somehow, the Yankees need to do whatever possible to unload themselves of Arod in the future.
    For the time being however, they need to address Third Base now, as well as Right Field, and Catcher...
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 12-04-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast