Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 158
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Meow
    Posts
    30,370
    vCash
    1500
    He will have the surgery in January and the recovery time is 3-6 months. Considering its an older player the latter (6 months) is more likely. This sucks.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    909
    vCash
    1500
    The Sawx just agreed to a three year deal with Napoli. While this move doesn't necessarily scare me, it pisses me off that we have yet to fill the holes we have, esp. now with this Arod news.

    I'm not saying that we're conceding the season, but with Toronto getting so much better, too, 2013 isn't shaping up to be our year (based on what's gone down so far).

    Soto just signed a one year, $3M deal with the Cubbies. Cashman should've been all over that.
    Last edited by ohbilly2134; 12-03-2012 at 11:29 AM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    1500
    Why wasn't this surgery performed in October? November? Now he will have surgery in January 2013? Now will be laid up 3-6 months. What a joke! If he would have had surgery at the end of the post-season he would have missed a month at most - what a joke!!!!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    71
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    The Sawx just agreed to a three year deal with Napoli. While this move doesn't necessarily scare me, it pisses me off that we have yet to fill in the holes we have, esp. now with this Arod news.

    I'm not saying that we're conceding the season, but with Toronto getting so much better, too, 2013 isn't shaping up to be our year (based on what's gone down so far).

    Soto just signed a one year, $3M deal with the Cubbies. Cashman should've been all over that.
    Agree everybody is getting better except us. Cashmen should've been more aggresive with Soto.

    If they wait to long they are going to miss out on everybody. All that will be left is scraps.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,147
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORT FAN View Post
    Agree everybody is getting better except us. Cashmen should've been more aggresive with Soto.

    If they wait to long they are going to miss out on everybody. All that will be left is scraps.
    I want Pierzynski. Nice bat and calls a good game.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,062
    vCash
    1500
    Well, this just made the off-season even more interesting....

    And yes, any hope that Arod would at least resemble Arod is officially gone now.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    21,212
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernman View Post
    Why wasn't this surgery performed in October? November? Now he will have surgery in January 2013? Now will be laid up 3-6 months. What a joke! If he would have had surgery at the end of the post-season he would have missed a month at most - what a joke!!!!
    because just like MO's surgery (ankle) they want him to strenghten his hip before doing the surgery , not everything is as black and white , each scenario has its own way of handling them and I rather they do it the Dr's way than a rush way just so he misses less time

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    Won't see him no more. Eliminate him from your mind.

    It's over.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North/Central NJ
    Posts
    264
    vCash
    1500
    maybe we can get Chase Headley? oh how I wish

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    5,937
    vCash
    1500
    Would it considered completely wrong of me to just go into this season not caring what happens? - basically just scrapping this season and next and waiting for our big spending year again? I will admit, I'm a spoiled Yankees fan. I love when my team goes and gets players they want and need. But to sit and watch other teams make moves is difficult to stomach.

    I am in no way, shape or form saying the Yanks will be in last place, or that the cliche "sky is falling", but I just don't see how our team can improve AT ALL after potentially losing Ichiro, Swisher, Martin and Soriano. There are just not enough guys willing to take small deals to fill those holes. Also, trades just don't seem likely with Cash right now. Maybe one could happen, and I'm certainly hopeful, but I just don't think it'll be enough. We need huge years out of everyone in order to go far in the playoffs. I'm sure we'll make the playoffs, but I wanna actually, you know, go to the world series this year.

    Let's go Cashman.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    I think we should all agree to not mention arods name all winter.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    5,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jackals View Post
    maybe we can get Chase Headley? oh how I wish
    Some writer just did an article saying that the Padres could try to sell high and send him to the Yankees. That'd be nice. The guy had an MVP season last year in Petco. Imagine him in YS

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Would it considered completely wrong of me to just go into this season not caring what happens? - basically just scrapping this season and next and waiting for our big spending year again? I will admit, I'm a spoiled Yankees fan. I love when my team goes and gets players they want and need. But to sit and watch other teams make moves is difficult to stomach.

    I am in no way, shape or form saying the Yanks will be in last place, or that the cliche "sky is falling", but I just don't see how our team can improve AT ALL after potentially losing Ichiro, Swisher, Martin and Soriano. There are just not enough guys willing to take small deals to fill those holes. Also, trades just don't seem likely with Cash right now. Maybe one could happen, and I'm certainly hopeful, but I just don't think it'll be enough. We need huge years out of everyone in order to go far in the playoffs. I'm sure we'll make the playoffs, but I wanna actually, you know, go to the world series this year.

    Let's go Cashman.
    See, here's the problem (and it's not you)- we've been so accustomed to spending big bucks (usually the most in baseball) to build playoff teams, yet we've only won one world series in the past 12 years. Considering what we spend, that's not exceptional. This organization has literally fallen back on the money we have year in and year out...I don't think our execs (including our owners) really understand how to build a contender from within. Our farm system (high AA-AAA) is pretty much depleted at this point, and our 25 man roster is full of old, aging, injured players. Scary...

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    1500
    Now with the extra time to strenthen the hip he will miss 1/2 this season & he will be 38 when he comes back - lets just keep him out this year & make sure he strnthens his hip - so he will be fully ready to play next season at 39 - genius!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    650
    vCash
    1500
    Playing third base, number 2, Derek Jeter! *laugh*

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •