Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caņamin View Post
    Damn not this hip again..Obviously they didn't deal with it the right way the first time around.. He needed a more extensive procedure done not the patch up work that was done..
    Yep

Philippon is the guy who did Arod's surgery

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/he...-unproven.html
    "In his published papers — case series — Dr. Philippon reported that athletes’ hip injuries improved after the operation and that their hip pain remained at bay for at least two years. He said he would soon publish data following some professional athletes for 10 years."

2 years have passed and here comes the pain...

vCash
    alright cashman. Ninja GM time
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I just read Arod is going to have surgery on his hip and miss part of 2013. Things just keep on getting worse.

That came from Ken Rosenthal

vCash
    It should be interesting to see what NY does here. Does anyone know a time frame on his return? I'm not seeing anything indicating how much of the season he might miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Yup, might never hit 10 HRs a season....wa to go Hank!

Actually this was never a baseball contract just a marketing contract...i
    What does Hank have to do with anything? It was George who signed him to that deal after the opt out.

I've had the same hip procedure and it is awful. Even if his went much better and wasn't as damaged I have a hard time believing that he ever feels 100% on it and by the way he runs post surgery it has never looked like it. This isn't news everyone should have known this.

However, those criticizing him for not being in shape and not working hard is a joke. It has been widely reported that ARod is obsessive with working out and is the hardest working guy in the game. Even if that took a small step back he would still be harder working than most. Really can't criticize him for not working hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    That's just great.
    I HATE SEEING ANYONE SUFFER FROM AN INJURY IN OR OUT OF SPORTS.

Having said that and accepting that he is hurt I think the team will benefit from it as cold as that may seem. If he is finished then they can move on to someone new. They won't have to suffer with his lack of skill with the bat. No more hoping he, 'gets it going' again. We could use him sparingly. Suck up the huge loss and stop making believe he is still or will still be great.

I feel bad for him and wish he was in prime condition so he could beat the snot out of our opposition. It looks like that may just be fantasy and in reality, the ARod thing is over. That stinks. I have seen him play many times in person and like him or not he stands out when he is on that field.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    What does Hank have to do with anything? It was George who signed him to that deal after the opt out.

I've had the same hip procedure and it is awful. Even if his went much better and wasn't as damaged I have a hard time believing that he ever feels 100% on it and by the way he runs post surgery it has never looked like it. This isn't news everyone should have known this.

However, those criticizing him for not being in shape and not working hard is a joke. It has been widely reported that ARod is obsessive with working out and is the hardest working guy in the game. Even if that took a small step back he would still be harder working than most. Really can't criticize him for not working hard.
    I've never once questioned Arods work ethic. Its second to none. I think Hank had the most say in negotiating Arods current contract. I just wish the Yankees could move on from him and his contract. Thanks for the memories but its time to move on.
    Last edited by JobaRules26; 12-03-2012 at 11:24 AM.

vCash
    Arod may be done. For good.

He cannot drive the ball any longer. And if this latest injury is related to his last one, he is done, will not see the field again, and will retire after 2013.

Yes he is a money grabber but he will not hang around for 4-5 years just to collect a check. They will cut a deal, he will retire and join the ownership crew in Miami. His fire is gone. Will never be in the Hall and doesn't want to hang around and ride pine when he can get a buyout and be a perfect owner of the Marlins.

Mark my words. He's done. 2013 will be it. He will fight thru the pain but, He will retire/get bought out etc before 2014 and one day own the Marlins.

And I love Arod. He got a bad wrap his whole career even though he brought it on himself in some cases.

vCash
    Chavy's agent is smiling somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Arod may be done. For good.

He cannot drive the ball any longer. And if this latest injury is related to his last one, he is done, will not see the field again, and will retire after 2013.

Yes he is a money grabber but he will not hang around for 4-5 years just to collect a check. They will cut a deal, he will retire and join the ownership crew in Miami. His fire is gone. Will never be in the Hall and doesn't want to hang around and ride pine when he can get a buyout and be a perfect owner of the Marlins.

Mark my words. He's done. 2013 will be it. He will fight thru the pain but, He will retire/get bought out etc before 2014 and one day own the Marlins.

And I love Arod. He got a bad wrap his whole career even though he brought it on himself in some cases.
    ray:

I hope you are right. I've been an Arod supporter since the trade and have pretty much always defended him but I'm ready for something new.

vCash
    Just heard on the Fan that ARod was in the emergency room during the playoffs.. It's not confirmed though..

!Tank the season for Jameis Winston!

vCash
    its not the hip he had initially had surgery on

last time he had hip surgery we won a WS lets go AROD!

vCash
    Alex Rodriguez will need between three and six months to recover from his January hip surgery.

He's done.

vCash
    He is done.
    Yank will try to tell everybody he could still play 3rd base, but internally they know he can't and the yanks could and will be screwed.

If they knew this in the playoffs why not just say something and not play him. Why all this drama with if can't play, he can't play.

Cahman do your stuff. Well whatever Hal and Hank let you do.
    The yank now need a 3rd base, catcher and right fielder and good bench players.

vCash
    Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

Source: Problem for Alex Rodriguez is in his left hip -- not his surgically-repaired hip. The Yankees are thinking he'll be back in June.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast