Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 390
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    377
    vCash
    1500

    Jeremy Lin exposed

    Through the first month of the season, "Linsanity" lol is putting up a jaw dropping 10 and 6 on 34% shooting as the starter......Houston wasted their money

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,172
    vCash
    1894
    Sad but you could be right (about him being exposed but in terms of finance I need more figures). My biggest fear was that his jumpshot/isolation numbers were fluky. I always told people he didnt have good courtvision so him making those shots were of the utmost importance to his playmaking/scoring efficiency.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey We Go Hard
    Posts
    9,050
    vCash
    1500
    They have 3 overpaid role players in Harden, Lin, Asik that are paid like superstars

    The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,756
    vCash
    1500
    Asik has been putting up pretty good numbers. Harden will be a superstar.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    C Florida
    Posts
    6,336
    vCash
    1500
    Lin was a marketing strategy from the start for the Rockets, I hope he picks up his play eventually.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    35,537
    vCash
    1500
    They'll make it back in merchandise

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,141
    vCash
    1500
    Signing Lin wasn't a horrible move, but its perplexing because they let 2 superior PG's go in order to sign Lin.

    Dragic at $7.5m is putting up 16 & 7 on 47%.

    Lowry at $5.6m is 18, 6 & 6 on 55%

    Lin at $8.4m 10 & 6 on 34%

    Imagine if HOU had kept Dragic & Scola

    Asik
    Scola
    Parsons
    Harden
    Dragic

    That's a really good team actually.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,172
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    They have 3 overpaid role players in Harden, Lin, Asik that are paid like superstars
    LMFAO show me a superstar making Asik money. Thats the kind of money Emeka Okafor laughs at, is he a superstar.

    Learn how to measure market value plz

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,172
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Signing Lin wasn't a horrible move, but its perplexing because they let 2 superior PG's go in order to sign Lin.

    Dragic at $7.5m is putting up 16 & 7 on 47%.

    Lowry at $5.6m is 18, 6 & 6 on 55%

    Lin at $8.4m 10 & 6 on 34%

    Imagine if HOU had kept Dragic & Scola

    Asik
    Scola
    Parsons
    Harden
    Dragic

    That's a really good team actually.
    Are we sure they didnt need the assets from trading/releasing those guys to get Harden+Asik?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    LMFAO show me a superstar making Asik money. Thats the kind of money Emeka Okafor laughs at, is he a superstar.

    Learn how to measure market value plz
    Yea I was wrong on Asik, he can play. If his offense comes around even just a little he's a force. Which leads to another question. Why would CHI pay a soon to be 28 year old Gibson who is a mediocre starter at best, $8m+, yet pass on Asik for the same price?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    They needed the assets from trading those guys to get Harden.
    The only asset they used in the Harden trade was TOR's lottery pick.

    They could still have signed Dragic and traded Lowry and gotten Harden.

    Also, even without that TOR pick HOU had pieces to make a deal, it might have cost them Morris instead but HOU was clearly the team targeting Harden all along the hardest.

    I think they could have still made a deal.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,126
    vCash
    1750
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    They have 3 overpaid role players in Harden, Lin, Asik that are paid like superstars
    Glad to see you back. You got 2 of 3 right. Harden will be a star in this league.
    Future Ace

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,172
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Yea I was wrong on Asik, he can play. If his offense comes around even just a little he's a force. Which leads to another question. Why would CHI pay a soon to be 28 year old Gibson who is a mediocre starter at best, $8m+, yet pass on Asik for the same price?
    Well, for similar reasons that Houston took a gamble on Asik. The numbers belied a huge defensive presence that Houston could take advantage of. The Bulls bench was epic defensively the last few years but those same numbers also hinted that Gibson was the more important anchor of the 2. Hes also a player they can pair with Boozer/Noah more effectively than Asik could.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,958
    vCash
    1500
    YUP. So happy the knicks didnt fall for thaat guy.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,172
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    The only asset they used in the Harden trade was TOR's lottery pick.

    They could still have signed Dragic and traded Lowry and gotten Harden.

    Also, even without that TOR pick HOU had pieces to make a deal, it might have cost them Morris instead but HOU was clearly the team targeting Harden all along the hardest.

    I think they could have still made a deal.
    So they had the cap space to get Asik even without releasing Scola?

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •