Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bulls Underrated?

I keep reading experts and fans saying this Bulls team doesn't have the talent to be a contender and Rose and "effort guys" isn't enough to get it done. I'm curious if anyone else thinks there is another team 2-4 games over .500 at this point that could add a top 5 player in the NBA and still be considered not a contender? Trying not to be a homer here but I see nobody other than Miami and OK City that I think Chicago could not beat in a 7 game series. How many teams could lose a top 5-10 player in the league and still be a top 5 seed?

No more Rose? When is football season again?

vCash
    No other team could do what the Bulls have been able to do without a top-7 player in the league. The Bulls, with Rose, are still a top-3 team in my eyes considering how underwhelming the Celtics and Lakers are and will most likely continue to be. And you also have Memphis and San Antonio and the Clippers up there, but the Bulls will only need to face two of those 5 teams to win a championship.

vCash
    Honestly, I thought they were underrated last year. Completely healthy, I (as objectively as I can) believe they would have beaten the Heat last season in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55 View Post
    I keep reading experts and fans saying this Bulls team doesn't have the talent to be a contender and Rose and "effort guys" isn't enough to get it done. I'm curious if anyone else thinks there is another team 2-4 games over .500 at this point that could add a top 5 player in the NBA and still be considered not a contender? Trying not to be a homer here but I see nobody other than Miami and OK City that I think Chicago could not beat in a 7 game series. How many teams could lose a top 5-10 player in the league and still be a top 5 seed?
    It's because they don't have a big name star/flashy player. If a team doesn't have that or only one of that (Rose) they're not going to be an attractive pick for anything.

vCash
    We're always underrated and I agree 100% with Rosh on that Heat statement.

“If you quit ONCE it becomes a habit. Never quit!!!”
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    I don't think there is anything underrated about the Bulls. The team is seen as a playoff bound team with the defense to shut down any team on any given night. In terms of national coverage, the Bulls are seen as a team that still hasn't done anything to address Miami and will remain on that second tier until they prove otherwise. If the Bulls are healthy and playing 'hot' they can win a championship but that doesn't make them perrenial title contenders.

When the playoffs come, the Bulls will be just as feared as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    No other team could do what the Bulls have been able to do without a top-7 player in the league.
    I think the Spurs would see similar levels of success without one of their stars, just as I think the Lakers (if they ever get going) could succeed without Gasol or Kobe. I think the Nets would most definitely benefit from losing a star player right now.

Several of the 'top' teams would find similar levels of success without their star players, just as they would also likely fizzle in a best of seven series.
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 12-26-2012 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    I'm not sure the Bulls could have beat Houston last night with Rose.

vCash
    You really think Rose is going to be a top 5 player this year? People really need to keep their expectations of him when he comes back in check. Someone like Adrian Peterson is an exception, not the rule.

vCash
    I believe we are underrated because NBA fans (and some bulls fans) dont see NOAH and DENG as Stars players. They see them as just good players.
    Therefore, noone expects the bulls to win, not even with Rose.

But imo NOAH and DENG are star type of players. It would be very hard for us to get better then them in their positions.
    Motivating Picture for PORTUGAL @ Brasil World Cup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    Honestly, I thought they were underrated last year. Completely healthy, I (as objectively as I can) believe they would have beaten the Heat last season in the playoffs.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    I think the Spurs would see similar levels of success without one of their stars, just as I think the Lakers (if they ever get going) could succeed without Gasol or Kobe. I think the Nets would most definitely benefit from losing a star player right now.

Several of the 'top' teams would find similar levels of success without their star players, just as they would also likely fizzle in a best of seven series.
    I don't think the lakers could succeed without Kobe. Especially since this is a "if they ever get it going" statement that may never actually happen. The Spurs could see success without one of their star players but none of those players are as good as Rose is, not really even that close at this stage in their careers. I think any other top team would really struggle if they lost one of their stars like Memphis losing Randolph, LAC losing CP3, and so on. But most of those "what ifs" involve losing a star player that simply is nowhere near as good as a healthy Rose.

vCash
    This

I don't think the lakers could succeed without Kobe. Especially since this is a "if they ever get it going" statement that may never actually happen. The Spurs could see success without one of their star players but none of those players are as good as Rose is, not really even that close at this stage in their careers. I think any other top team would really struggle if they lost one of their stars like Memphis losing Randolph, LAC losing CP3, and so on. But most of those "what ifs" involve losing a star player that simply is nowhere near as good as a healthy Rose.
    agree with this.

vCash
    This

You are answering a few fundamentally different questions: notably that Rose is among the elite NBA stars (likely at the top of the "top-7" original statement) and that Rose means more to the Bulls than other stars mean to their respective teams. It's all relative, and I think other balanced teams can find ways to succeed without their star.

That the Spurs team can rest their stars (plural), go to Miami, and almost win is but a small and recent testament to my point, albeit one with the concession that the same team likely wouldn't find much post-season success (ie. the Bulls post-Rose/Noah injury, etc.).

I think a shining example of a team succeeding without a "star" will be Miami as Wade's performances continue to fall off - though that stretches my reasoning considerably.
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 12-27-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: EPIC TYPO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by --23-- View Post
    We're always underrated and I agree 100% with Rosh on that Heat statement.
    And this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    You really think Rose is going to be a top 5 player this year? People really need to keep their expectations of him when he comes back in check. Someone like Adrian Peterson is an exception, not the rule.
    What's to say Rose's drive and recovery isn't the same as Peterson?

Peterson came back and is having probably his best year ever.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    That the Spurs team can rest their stars (plural), go to Miami, and win is but a small and recent testament to my point
    http://www.nba.com/games/20121129/SASMIA/gameinfo.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast