Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortys4711 View Post
    Doesnít matter who the blame falls on, players or coaches end of the day itís a combined effort. Gentry is not that great and this team is not that great. Gentry IMO is a great assistant coach, But we need a great head coach that can change the whole out look of this team.

As much as it sucks, this team is far from the Nash SSOL. We need to move on and develop a new identity.
    my point exactly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    there you go again! giving all the credit to him and none to the players!

2010 Suns - aging stars? you mean Old Grant Hill playing effective defense against established young stars? or Old J-Rich averaging almost 20 points a game? or old Stevie with 11.4 assists (was he number 1 or 2 that year?) and almost 15 points? old guys my ***... not a championship caliber team but a playoff team nonetheless.

not saying he's the worst coach in the league right now, he's down ther ethough. he's at best an assistant coach, someone who's great at motivating players and cultivating a good rapport with his team - that does not make you a great coach in my book
    How is that "ALL the credit"? I said if he was an awful coach he wouldnt have gotten to the WCF with that team... its not to say the players didnt do a good job but we saw what a BAD coach would do with that team when Porter was here. I am saying he is not a BAD coach. Being a good motivator and cultivator rapport is a HUGE part of what a coaches has to do.

There are some awful coaches around the league and Gentry is not one of them. The NBA is a talent driven league, probably more so than any major sport. We dont have the talent. You can fire the coach but you are not addressing the real problem.

You want to hold someone accountable, FIRE THE GM!!! Hire a GM who knows what he is doing and then let him decide what to with the coaching situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    How is that "ALL the credit"? I said if he was an awful coach he wouldnt have gotten to the WCF with that team... its not to say the players didnt do a good job but we saw what a BAD coach would do with that team when Porter was here. I am saying he is not a BAD coach. Being a good motivator and cultivator rapport is a HUGE part of what a coaches has to do.

There are some awful coaches around the league and Gentry is not one of them. The NBA is a talent driven league, probably more so than any major sport. We dont have the talent. You can fire the coach but you are not addressing the real problem.

You want to hold someone accountable, FIRE THE GM!!! Hire a GM who knows what he is doing and then let him decide what to with the coaching situation.
    yep. agree. it is his strength, motivator and cultivator, that led him to the WCF -- hooray for him.

i'm tired of this back and forth, let's just agree to disagree, you are a staunch Gentry supporter and i am a critic

we have been at this topic for so long and never accomplished anything, it's the players and FO fault for you, never Gentry's. i say it's the players, FO, and coach who should all be held accountable for the team's failure. so be it.

i agree with you on the fire the GM part, and for that matter, i really hope Sarver sells the team to someone who knows what it is to be a real NBA owner.

PS. i think Beasely is the bomb! he is the future face of the franchise . JK!
    Last edited by rocky4104; 12-11-2012 at 03:33 AM.

vCash
    I think all Suns fans pray for the day when Sarver sells. And my issue with Sarver about money... I just feel he is totally incompetent and way too hands on for someone who is absolutely clueless to the business of basketball.

And its not that I think Gentry is inculpable. I just think he is stuck in a no-win situation. No matter how good or bad a coach is, it would be impossible to judge them with this team... and especially with their contract expiration hanging over their heads.

I expect Gentry to get fired at some point here... and I expect it not to make a difference.

vCash
    eventhough i think Gentry is not the right fit for the team (12th worse coach in the league in terms of career winning percentage, out of 30; 6th worse record right now) i agree now with some fans that firing him will be more counterproductive, you change coach in order to reverse the tide -- and i don't want that to hAppen, i am now resigned to watching my beloved Suns (nevermind that i paid over a hundred dollars on LeAgue Pass lol) suck this season if that means a chance of being in the lottery. I read somewhere that's what Popovich did, deliberately rested Robinson and hoped for the lottery and the result? Twin Towers with Robinson and Duncan, resulting in SA dynasty

vCash
    Hire Chuck. The team he puts together could actually be succesful. Plus nothing sells more to the local fan than having a legend in the FO just like how hiring Nash to be in FO and Hill in the coaching staff would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Hire Chuck. The team he puts together could actually be succesful. Plus nothing sells more to the local fan than having a legend in the FO just like how hiring Nash to be in FO and Hill in the coaching staff would.
    I remember this being suggested a few years back. Sure would be interesting lol.

vCash
    I think he would be great. Not exaggerating or anything but I see him as an ultimatum type guy. Either yougetbit done or your out. He should be hire after we acquire assets and picks because I don't think he has the patience to endure losing.

vCash
    I could also see him really screw the team up. He would talk to much.

vCash
    This current team yes. The Nash team no.

vCash
    Sarver has been and, as long as he owns the team, always will be the problem. I don't blame the front office as they're really just answering to Sarver. You can bet that trying to sign Gordon was at the urging of Sarver. Apart from the Gordon deal and signing Beasley (probably the scorer Sarver wanted, I know Blanks is really into him too though). The only bad trade they've made was the dragic - Brooks trade and even then, at the time, Dragic was playing poorly and we needed scoring off the bench so it made total sense.

I think the FO have made smart moves and have manged to put the franchise in a good position going forward. The only person really holding the franchise back is Sarver.

vCash
    ^^ fire sarver!! 8-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123