if Melo wins this it would be Clevelands 1st championship in a long time. #Fact
Proud to be PSD's Chris Kelly!The Chris Kelly Watch: 3 G /0 A/ 3 Pts / 2 +/-
He went to the top self where Momma keeps the Peanut Butter & Where i hid the Porno's
Everybody please read the following rules.
Object of the Game
(1) To create the best 25-man team which will be voted on by our peers. There will be no creating "future teams," so everyone will be creating teams they think will have the best chance to compete in the 2013 season.
(2) The draft will be conducted in a snake format. This means if you draft first in round 1 you'll draft last in round 2, first in round 3, last in round 4 and so on.CO's and Assistants
(1) I am trying to have every team have 2 co-gms. An assistant is optional.
(2) Each gm will be able to draft a player, send in a list, make trades, etc.
(3) An assistant is allowed to contribute their input on situations as well as post in the lounges but they are not allowed to draft a player, make trades, or send in lists.
(4) There can only be 2 co-gms and 1 assistant. There will not be 1 gm + 2 assistants, 1 gm + 1 assistant, 3 co-gms, and i'm trying very hard to not have a team with just 1 gm. I know there are a few people out there that want to run solo, but depending on the turn-out it might not be possible. I may be lenient and allow a 1 gm + 1 assistant, though.
(4a) At no point (once the redraft has started) can an assistant or co-gm be added to a team unless (b) happens.
(4b) If an assistant or co-gm drops out or is dismissed by myself they can not be added back on to any team, including their initial team. If this happens a person on the waiting list can be added as an assistant/gm. Since an assistant is optional you can only add on a new assistant if you had one initially.The Draft/Lists
(1) The draft order will be made by me but I will be using http://www.random.org/
(2) This is a 25 round snake draft and the time limits for the picks will be as follows:
Rounds 1-6: 5 hours
Rounds 7-12: 3 hours
Rounds 13-16: 2 hours
Rounds 17-20: 1 hour
Rounds 21-24: Group Picking (a group of 5 will have a 2 hour window)
Round 25: Free For All
The clock will be running between noon and midnight EST. We’re not going to expect you to pick late at night or in the morning. However, lists are highly encouraged and preferred. It’s just easier for everyone that way. If you know you are not going to be on PSD to make your pick, we’d better have a list from you. Also, IF YOU ARE ON PSD WHEN YOU ARE UP IN THE DRAFT, you have 30 minutes to make a selection if the clock is running.
(3) Skipping will be enforced. If you miss your deadline and have not sent in a list, you will be skipped. If you are skipped more than twice, you will lose a pick. There is absolutely no reason why an active player should be skipped at all, let alone three times in a row. So, err on the side of caution and send lists in whenever possible, and make sure that you have time to make a pick if you decide to log into PSD. If your pick was skipped, you are free to make your selection at your earliest convenience.
(3a) SEND IN LISTS: If you send in lists you won't be skipped. It's pretty simple. My suggestion would be to send in a list at the beginning of every round or within 10 picks of your selection. Those just seem like good benchmarks.
(3b) When sending a list it should look like this:
If you don't number your players in your list, I'll just assume the first player listed is the top guy you want. This is the fair warning.Code:PM Title: Team So and So's List 1 through 10 or however.
(3c) Lists should be sent to AI4LIFE, Fukudome, Pittz, Havoc Wr3aker and Melo.
(3d) If you are on within 5 picks of your next pick you will be on the clock for 30 minutes instead of the allotted 5/3 hour limit. If you have to sign off, that's why we suggest you send in lists. It just makes things run faster.
(4) You must VM the next GM(s) that are up. You do not have to VM the assistant. You can PM if you want, but I WANT there to be a VM. I want to see that the next GM(s) are properly notified. After the first time you do not VM the next GM(s) you will be penalized $100,000 each time after. Obviously, if one of the following GM(s) makes the selection right after you do, you do not have to send a VM.
(4a) Whoever makes the pick must VM the next GM(s). This rule applies to any of the above 5 users.If they make a pick via a list sent they must send a VM to the next GM(s).Rosters/Team Clubhouses/Ballparks
(1) 25 Spots: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, DH; 5 SP, 7 RP (including set-up men and closers); bench (4 spots)
(2) Regardless of whether or not we keep MLB teams or Custom teams, both the AL and NL will have a DH.
(3) We will use all major league ballparks. I will put all the parks in http://www.random.org/ which will pair up with the teams.
(4) Team Clubhouses must list:
(4a) The GM(s) and Assistant (if applicable)
(4b) Ballpark (2012 Dimensions)
(4c) Players and Salaries
(4d) Up to date salary information (this must be updated every time a pick and trade are made)
(4e) Penalties/Salary Deductions
(5) I will be checking clubhouses after every 5 rounds. If you do not have your clubhouse ended by that following round, since it'll probably take me awhile to go through every clubhouse, you will be fined $100,000. (This means that after the 5th round ends I will check clubhouses. If you aren't up to date I'll VM you and you must have it updated by the end of the 6th). If you just throw numbers and names together that are off, that means you didn't update your clubhouse and you'll be fined the same way if you're missing something.
(5A) I will edit the "Team Clubhouse" to say something like "DaSox Clubhouse Check" or something like that. That will be the warning.Salary
(1) Each team will be given a salary cap of $100,000,000. You are allowed to exceed the cap throughout the Redraft but on the day the Redraft ends, you must be under the cap. If you are not, you will be disqualified from the post season.
(2) You are allowed to trade salary. (See "Trades 4a" for how you are to trade salary)
(3) A player's salary can change so be aware of this. If a player is up for arbitration or is a FA, you will assume his new contract. Basically, say you draft Josh Hamilton on a date before he signs his new contract, you will initially have his contract at $8,000,000, but as soon as he signs his new contract you will either add to or subtract from the current salary. However, as soon as the draft ends, no salary can change. So if the draft ends January 5th and Josh Hamilton signs a 5 yr 80 mil contract on January 6th, his salary will be what it was for 2012.
(4) Salaries will be used from http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/ and will be 2013 salariesEligibility of Players
(1) Retirees: If a player is retired BEFORE he is drafted, he is ineligible. This includes any player that is retired but you, personally, may think he's able to compete.
(1a) If a player retires after he is drafted he is eligible and should be treated as if he was going to play in 2013.
(2) Injuries: If a player has a history of injuries , a chronic injury issue, and/or is coming off a substantial injury (ie, just coming back from TJ, or a 2012 season injury or whatever) he is safe to be drafted, however, he is not to be treated as having a clean bill of health for 2013 in this draft. Example would be a guy like Grady Sizemore. He may very well be healthy in 2013 but based off his history he's a guy people are allowed to judge by their opinion on his health.
(2a) If a player gets a season-ending injury AFTER he is drafted the same rule applies as the "current retired" players. If a player gets a season-ending injury AFTER he is drafted, again the same rules apply as a player who would retire after he was drafted.
(2b) If a player is injured for an entire season BEFORE he is drafted he should be treated as he's not playing in 2013 (which means our game).
Obviously, if he was an injury riddled player before he had a season-ending injury peoples opinions are going to be swayed a lot more.Trades
(1) Only GMs can PM trades.
(2) I'm allowing any GM to send trade proposals to me. I understand people will ***** and complain if "My CO sent it in without talking to," but since 90% of you are paired up with who you wanted or who you don't mind, there should be enough trust there. If something like that does happen, I'm sorry, tough doo-doo.
(3) These are the formats for trades:
(3a) Each team is responsible for also having their team's new salary in each trade proposal as well.Code:When Sending Picks: Team A receives: # round pick (pick #) Team B receives: # round pick (pick #) When Sending Players: Team A receives: (Salary) Player Team B receives: (Salary) Player When Sending Both: (Player[s] First) Team A receives: (Salary) Player # round pick (pick #) Team B receives: (Salary) Player # round pick (pick #)
This is an example of what Team A's proposal PM will look like (Including the Subject Title in the PM):
PM Title:Team A and Team B Trade
Team B's:Team A receives:
($5,000,000) John Smith
Team B receives:
($4,250,000) Jack Doe
Old Salary: $9,750,000
New Salary: $10,500,000
PM Title:Team B and Team A Trade
(4) When making a trade it must be an even trade, meaning if you're trading 1 thing you must get 1 thing back, 2 for 2, 3 for 3, etc.Team B receives:
($4,250,000) Jack Doe
Team A receives:
($5,000,000) John Smith
Old Salary: $10,000,000
New Salary: $9,250,000
(4a) The only exception is if you're trading salary, however, you can't trade a pick or player for just salary. You must have a player or pick traded with salary.
(5) There is no limit on trades that can be made.
(6) The trade deadline will be the day before voting starts. This will allow teams to make trades after the draft has ended. The time between the end of the draft and voting won't be longer than a day or two, however.Commissioners/Trade Committee
(1) AI4LIFE, Pittz, DaSox_05, Havoc_Wr3aker, Fukudome & Melo15
(2) No trade committee, trades will be passed at sole discretion of the commissioners. If your deal is vetoed, you will receive an explanation as to why.Miscellaneous/Other Penalties
(1) DO NOT NAME UNDRAFTED PLAYERS: (“I’m going to pick Chase Utley with my next pick,” “You should think about taking Johan,” etc.). The first time you do it, you will be warned and your post will be edited or deleted. Subsequent offenses will result in a fine of $100,000. Obvious jokes (“I’m taking Adam Eaton first overall,” for instance) are fine, but it’s a thin line. Just use your heads, people.
(2) If you draft someone who has already been drafted you get 1 warning. Each time after you will be fined $100,000.
(3) You must VM the next GM(s) that are up. You do not have to VM the assistant. You can PM if you want, but I WANT there to be a VM. I want to see that the next GM(s) are properly notified. After the first time you do not VM the next GM(s) you will be penalized $100,000 each time after. Obviously, if one of the following GM(s) makes the selection right after you do, you do not have to send a VM.
(4) I will be checking clubhouses after every 5 rounds. If you do not have your clubhouse ended by that following round, since it'll probably take me awhile to go through every clubhouse, you will be fined $100,000. (This means that after the 5th round ends I will check clubhouses. If you aren't up to date I'll VM you and you must have it updated by the end of the 6th). If you just throw numbers and names together that are off, that means you didn't update your clubhouse and you'll be fined the same way if you're missing something.
(5) If you are banned at any point, even if it's for a day, you are to be dismissed as a GM or Assistant. As I stated early, you are not allowed back on a team after you have left, for any reason.Playoffs
(1) At the end of the draft we will have separate threads dedicated to the divisions. Each Division will have a winner and there will be 3 wild card spots. This will total 6 playoff spots per 'league.'
(1a) If your Clubhouse is not up to date by the day voting starts, you are disqualified.
(2) This will resemble the NFL playoff format. The top 2 vote getters in each 'league' will get a 1st round bye.
(3) The initial voting for the top 12 teams will be held in the MLB ReDraft Forum. Once the top 12 teams are decided the playoff voting will be held in the MLB forum
(4) Votes will only count if the user has either more than 500 posts and/or has been a member of PSD for at least one year.
(5) Unlike last season, you'll be able to have the name(s) of the GM(s) listed in your clubhouse come playoff time. If you want to take the time to argue for your team in the playoff threads, that's fine as well. However, YOU CANNOT PM/VM/AIM etc asking people to vote for your team. If at any point I am made aware of these actions, you will be immediately disqualified. So please, just talk up your team in your playoff thread and let people decide there.
(5a) Before each round starts you will be able to do a write-up about your matchup (Why you think you'll win, pitching vs hitters, blah blah blah)
Last edited by Melo15; 12-07-2012 at 11:01 AM.
J-Bay, while I am blessed with your presence, what do you think the division/league names should be?
Dublin Jimmy McNultys
"Patterned grid world
It waits for you and it has always
Been there from the start"
We did Red Sox names last year, come up with something new Jack Johnson.
Jimmy McNulty will have all of you wired, brought up on drug charges, and arrested. This one is for Ireland.
"Patterned grid world
It waits for you and it has always
Been there from the start"
I can't think of anything right now.