Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 123
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    And he has for the large majority of this year. 0 personal foul penalties this year. 1 penalty total, an offsides penalty. No late hits on the QB or anyone else. No helmet to helmet hits. No facemasks. So obviously he has altered his game to some extent.
    The kick is suspect and I am not going to debate the intent. The hit on Cutler was legal. Standing over the player is another I don't care about. But why can't he tackle the way he was taught since 10 or just make a play and get ready for the next down. If he could do that then this wouldn't even be needed.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    11,904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    So basically you are saying it doesn't matter what he does? If he plays dirty from this point on he's dirty. If he cleans up his act and gets rid of the questionable plays from his game, he's still dirty. Like I said, can't win. It doesn't matter what he does. Like Eli...Eli has a "clutch" rep. He could "choke" everytime for the rest of his career and people would still say he is "clutch". Suh could clean up his act (and he has to a large extent) and people would still point to what happened a year and a half ago.
    You're not understanding. It takes more then a part of a season to erase what HE'S created. He could change the view of himself, but it will take some time.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,632
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    You're not understanding. It takes more then a part of a season to erase what HE'S created. He could change the view of him, but it will take some time.
    How do you want him to change the view of him? He has 0 personal fouls this year which means he hasn't done anything wrong. Like what do you want him to do Sack the QB as cleanly as he can? He can't prevent that.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    How do you want him to change the view of him? He has 0 personal fouls this year which means he hasn't done anything wrong. Like what do you want him to do Sack the QB as cleanly as he can? He can't prevent that.
    No it means he wasn't caught doing something wrong at that moment. He has received fines for incidents on the field though. So no he hasn't been clean all year.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    11,904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    His peers voted Tebow as a better player than Cutler last year too. I guess they are always right, eh?
    Well since Cutler was injured and didn't finish the season & Tebow took the Broncos to the playoffs, I'll agree with them. lol

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    11,904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    No it means he wasn't caught doing something wrong at that moment. He has received fines for incidents on the field though. So no he hasn't been clean all year.
    This, rocket.

    It takes time, sorry, but true.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,632
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not saying Suh has done enough to take the dirty tag off of him, but it's going to get to the point where anything he does people will try to make him look like a villain.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    46,340
    vCash
    785
    Suh's reputation is more media than anything else.

    Show me a player who has committed personal foul penalties. Sure, the stomp was pretty crappy, but dirty? Dirty to me is doing something and trying to get away with it, something cheap.

    OK Nick, you see that over there? That's what used to be of our playoff chances.

    My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to screw you over.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Suh's reputation is more media than anything else.

    Show me a player who has committed personal foul penalties. Sure, the stomp was pretty crappy, but dirty? Dirty to me is doing something and trying to get away with it, something cheap.
    like kicking an opponent in the crotch because youve been blocked and cant make a fair tackle...

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    46,340
    vCash
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    like kicking an opponent in the crotch because youve been blocked and cant make a fair tackle...
    It was intentional because it was Suh, that's my point.

    OK Nick, you see that over there? That's what used to be of our playoff chances.

    My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to screw you over.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It was intentional because it was Suh, that's my point.
    No it was intentional because he used muscles to project his foot at Schaub's crotch

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    11,904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    No it was intentional because he used muscles to project his foot at Schaub's crotch
    Huh?

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    2,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    He's a thug
    You say it like its a bad thing



    Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It was intentional because it was Suh, that's my point.
    he meant it. He span past him and missed him and intentionally kicked out his studs into Schaub.

    I'm not saying its the worst foul I've seen, but its a real cheap shot. I said at the time should have been three games and I would stick to that.

    The issue isnt that he was at risk of causing Schaub a more severe injury than hurting him, but if the refs and the league let cheap shots like that go, players start handing out justice themselves, and then people can really get hurt.

    _

    To go to the OP

    Everyone knows football is a tough game

    I wouldnt criticise Suh (or any player) for a clean hard hit.

    I would every time criticise someone who stands over someone mocking them and cavorting about like a buffoon every time they make a hit (and Suh is FAR from the only player to behave in this stupid manner)

    The solution is simple, start enforcing the taunting penalty on the field properly. The second time you get 15 yards for it will probably be the last, or you'll be on the bench after the third (and again, thats not specific to Suh, its endemic in this league and needs to be stopped)

    I know there is sometimes antagonism between fans, but football can learn a lot from the way rugby is referee'd. NFL needs to make a start on this next season. Make it clear. EVERY act of taunting will be 15 yards. Enforce it. Enforce it strongly on every team. It will be stamped out within a month.

    These people are millionaires, it shouldnt be so hard to conduct themselves with a little dignity. And the impact of what happens in the league goes all the way through college/HS/youth football... because these are the guys at the top youngsters are looking up to.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The COAL REGION,PA
    Posts
    977
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    These anti Suh posts are from little babies! Like I stated before, Suh has 1 penalty all year, and its for offsides. Get a different hobby haters! Suh plays the game like its supposed to be played, violently. like a poster above stated as well, what about the play by Joseph. Didn't he stomp someone? Suh is GREAT and classy, and a fu. Cking BAG OF CHIPS!
    I love suh too. Im a big Nebraska fan so i followed him well before he got drafted. He never pulled dirty **** in college. The game should be played violently but theres a difference between play violently to the whistle and being a scumbag. However, this incident is overblown.
    Last edited by JdKing7; 12-04-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •