Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post

That's laughable. But not that laughable. Only reason Knight had better stats is because he shot more and played more.
    The dude lead all rookies in minutes and shot attempts and still played historically bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    Well since you wanted to bring my name up-

You are posting an article about Knights assist percentage from last year. This year its 29%. Billups career average is 28.4%.
    Gators you and I both know that most of our games have been blow outs either by us or by the other team. And you and I both know that a lot of Knights "game" came in during garbage time.

His assist mark last year was historically low, that should tell you something

Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    You sound dumb & this discussion wasn't about knight being a pure pg it was about him being a pg scoring or pure. You also said billups was a pure pg lol when he is a scoring pg just like knight rose westbrook holiday Irving so what are u talking about???
    LOLL! You just said that this discussion wasn't about Knight being a pure pg and then proceeded to say that this is about him being a pure pg ...

Mike, you don't have to average a million assists to be considered a pure point guard. Carmelo is known as a pure scorer but he never once lead the league in scoring.

Why don't you answer my question? The last year w/ billups we were top 10 in assists, the very next year when he got traded and replaced w/ stuckey we ranked 2nd to last in assists. EXPLAIN THAT!!

vCash
    Dude just stop with the stuckey bs we are talking about knight. Not once did I say knight was better then billups, what I said was their stats are damn near identical rookie season & this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24:24566612
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post

That's laughable. But not that laughable. Only reason Knight had better stats is because he shot more and played more.
    The dude lead all rookies in minutes and shot attempts and still played historically bad.

Well since you wanted to bring my name up-

You are posting an article about Knights assist percentage from last year. This year its 29%. Billups career average is 28.4%.
    Gators you and I both know that most of our games have been blow outs either by us or by the other team. And you and I both know that a lot of Knights "game" came in during garbage time.

His assist mark last year was historically low, that should tell you something

You sound dumb & this discussion wasn't about knight being a pure pg it was about him being a pg scoring or pure. You also said billups was a pure pg lol when he is a scoring pg just like knight rose westbrook holiday Irving so what are u talking about???
    LOLL! You just said that this discussion wasn't about Knight being a pure pg and then proceeded to say that this is about him being a pure pg ...

Mike, you don't have to average a million assists to be considered a pure point guard. Carmelo is known as a pure scorer but he never once lead the league in scoring.

Why don't you answer my question? The last year w/ billups we were top 10 in assists, the very next year when he got traded and replaced w/ stuckey we ranked 2nd to last in assists. EXPLAIN THAT!!

vCash
    Dude just stop with the stuckey bs we are talking about knight. Not once did I say knight was better then billups, what I said was their stats are damn near identical rookie season & this year.
    LMAOOO why can't you answer the question mike? No its not about stuckey its showing how billups is a point guard. You don't want to answer it cause you know I'm right.

Explain how everyone around billups shot a high % in his last year then right when he left, everyone's shooting % went down? Oh but no he isn't a pure point guard

AND LMAOOO you were comparing there stats to show that Knights "stats" are better then billups to show that Knigth will be better then him not even actually watching the game

vCash
    Billups was awesome when he was a piston thats why the assists went way down.Billups controlled almost every move the offense made.

vCash
    Billups was amazing because he would have 0 points and 8 assists going into the 4th and end with 20+ points. once knight learns to distribute the ball all game and then make clutch shots he will be the incumbent "mr. Big shot"...he has the potential and work ethic to though.
    "When your team is winning, be ready to be tough, because winning can make you soft; on the other hand, when your team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing."
    -Bo Schembechler

vCash
    I agree 100% people act like I said he was better then billups . But people only want to remember the good billups & not the first 5yrs before he got to the pistons when people where saying the same thing about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by streetballa:24576371
    Billups was amazing because he would have 0 points and 8 assists going into the 4th and end with 20+ points. once knight learns to distribute the ball all game and then make clutch shots he will be the incumbent "mr. Big shot"...he has the potential and work ethic to though.

vCash
    I agree 100% people act like I said he was better then billups . But people only want to remember the good billups & not the first 5yrs before he got to the pistons when people where saying the same thing about him.
    Mike, billups his first 5 years was always the billups 5 years after. Just like how Tmac was in toronto and afflalo was in det. They only showed there true potential when they came in to a situation that suited their game.

Please don't sit up there acting like Billups was utilized to his full potential by all those previous teams.

No, you like to call people liars when you're the one that always lies.

The main topic is you think the Suns, Blazers, and Celtics all suck but the Mavs who have a similar record to all of them are somehow a good team.

You praise the Mavs because they beat us, but bash the teams we beat because you like to complain. If we would have beat the Mavs you would have said they were a terrible team.
    Really? thats kinda funny cause if you recall, I said before the 2 games even started w/ the grizz and mavs that stuckey wouldn't show up for both those games. I said it cause I thought they were both good teams
    Last edited by shyfly24; 12-04-2012 at 06:58 PM.

vCash
    Well At least the insults stopped.

Here are CB's averages for the first 4 seasons of his career(granted it was for a few teams) I think that amount of seasons is a decent gauge of what to look for, since they both entered the league at 20 yrs old.

G:34.5(had some injury issues)
    MIN:28.4
    PTS:11.2
    ASST:3.6
    REB:2.4
    STLS:.97
    TO:2.5
    FG%:37%
    3PT%:30%
    FT%:87%

To me me it just shows that it takes a bit longer(extra season or two) for some players to come into their own. According to the averages above, Knight has already surpassed him except for TO's and FT shooting. Another reason that stats can be subjective.

Who knows where Knight will end up, but I could almost guarantee that it will be better than most.

vCash
    All u need to do is look at SD post with billups stats his 1st 4 years & u already lost the debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24:24580929
    Mike, billups his first 5 years was always the billups 5 years after. Just like how Tmac was in toronto and afflalo was in det. They only showed there true potential when they came in to a situation that suited their game.

Please don't sit up there acting like Billups was utilized to his full potential by all those previous teams.

No, you like to call people liars when you're the one that always lies.

The main topic is you think the Suns, Blazers, and Celtics all suck but the Mavs who have a similar record to all of them are somehow a good team.

You praise the Mavs because they beat us, but bash the teams we beat because you like to complain. If we would have beat the Mavs you would have said they were a terrible team.
    Really? thats kinda funny cause if you recall, I said before the 2 games even started w/ the grizz and mavs that stuckey wouldn't show up for both those games. I said it cause I thought they were both good teams

vCash
    SD I'm glad u posted that & now u see for yourself. It's only his 1st full yr & his numbers are up across the board, if he doesn't improve his turnovers in 2yrs then I might be concerned. But by then I predict he will be avg 16-22ppg with 6-8 apg, if people actually watch him play its easy to tell the game is slowing down for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he finished the year avg those numbers...U heard it here 1st lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan:24586910
    Well At least the insults stopped.

Here are CB's averages for the first 4 seasons of his career(granted it was for a few teams) I think that amount of seasons is a decent gauge of what to look for, since they both entered the league at 20 yrs old.

G:34.5(had some injury issues)
    MIN:28.4
    PTS:11.2
    ASST:3.6
    REB:2.4
    STLS:.97
    TO:2.5
    FG%:37%
    3PT%:30%
    FT%:87%

To me me it just shows that it takes a bit longer(extra season or two) for some players to come into their own. According to the averages above, Knight has already surpassed him except for TO's and FT shooting. Another reason that stats can be subjective.

Who knows where Knight will end up, but I could almost guarantee that it will be better than most.

vCash
    All u need to do is look at SD post with billups stats his 1st 4 years & u already lost the debate.
    Wow stop! I guess by looking at afflalos stats w/ det he must suck right? but right when he went to denver he played like crazy. BILLUPS WASN"T UTILIZED TO HIS FULL POTENTIAL

Understand before you post! is it cause you just don't understand sentences? To many big words?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    Wow stop! I guess by looking at afflalos stats w/ det he must suck right? but right when he went to denver he played like crazy. BILLUPS WASN"T UTILIZED TO HIS FULL POTENTIAL

Understand before you post! is it cause you just don't understand sentences? To many big words?
    Calm down my friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    Calm down my friend.
    But DAD! Mike started it! :cry:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram View Post
    But DAD! Mike started it! :cry:
    Always the case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    Always the case.
    I demand punishment at Michael's expense or I'm running away. Taking the cat with me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast