Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Novak: Carmelo's The Best Player In NBA Right Now

"Carmelo Anthony heard chants of “MVP” from the Madison Square Garden crowd Sunday in a victory over the Phoenix Suns and Steve Novak echoed the sentiment.

"I think the way Carmelo’s been playing (pause), I mean he’s the best player in the league right now,” said Novak while discussing New York’s 18-1 home record under coach Mike Woodson.

Anthony acknowledged the cheers from the crowd, but also tried to put them into context.

“It’s good to hear,” said Anthony. “You can’t ignore it. I’m just taking it one day at a time that’s it. That’s my mindset, I’ve been saying it, and I’m going to continue saying that.”*"

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/ar...t_now/12347434

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Longhornfan1234; 12-03-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    here we go time to bash the knicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    yea, about that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    yea, about that...
    It took you 3 minutes to get into a thread about someone on the Knicks. Why am I not surprised?

vCash
    I don't see a problem with what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    I don't see a problem with what he said.
    Your sig is pure win. Lol
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    It's his opinion.
    Melo is actually playing very well so far.

So what?
    Everyone knows LeBron is the best followed by Durant.
    He;s sticking up for his teammate. Way to start a thread that just spells trouble.
    Knick's Suck

vCash
    I bet Thabo would say Durant is...

I bet Chalmers would say Lebron is...

No problem with Novak saying Melo is, doesn't mean its true but hes certainly playing a top 5 player in the NBA this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonE Coleman View Post
    I bet Thabo would say Durant is...

I bet Chalmers would say Lebron is...

No problem with Novak saying Melo is, doesn't mean its true but hes certainly playing a top 5 player in the NBA this year.
    Myself and the stats don't agree with this but he's definitely playing as well as I can remember. Top 10 is more fair to me and Novak is fine saying this even though obviously it is not true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Myself and the stats don't agree with this but he's definitely playing as well as I can remember. Top 10 is more fair to me and Novak is fine saying this even though obviously it is not true.
    What stats? The ones that clearly state Melo is leading the league in scoring per 48 minutes on a solid 47% shooting while leading his team to 2nd in the East right now.

The Knicks are crushing teams at home so hes constantly not even playing the 4th quarter in games. Scoring more points than Durant in 4 less minutes per game, just to put things in perspective.

His job on this Knicks team is to score the basketball, score the basketball some more, and then give a solid effort defensively.

The only people playing better than him are Durant and Lebron right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonE Coleman View Post
    What stats? The ones that clearly state Melo is leading the league in scoring per 48 minutes on a solid 47% shooting while leading his team to 2nd in the East right now.

The Knicks are crushing teams at home so hes constantly not even playing the 4th quarter in games. Scoring more points than Durant in 4 less minutes per game, just to put things in perspective.

His job on this Knicks team is to score the basketball, score the basketball some more, and then give a solid effort defensively.

The only people playing better than him are Durant and Lebron right now.
    Offensive rating, defensive rating, Win Shares, PER, TS%, etc. Stuff where those guys have Melo beat on every level and aren't doing it on limited production. They're all beasting. But you're right he's among the league leaders in scoring, though let's not act like he's doing it as efficiently as KD or even Kobe. TS% is what matters more with scoring to me, not FG% (tho' he's lower on both).

Not sure why you'd expect more than 35 minutes out of Melo though, that's how much he generally plays before he starts getting too winded. Been that way for the last few years.

vCash
    Offensive rating, defensive rating, Win Shares, PER, TS%, etc. Stuff where those guys have Melo beat on every level and aren't doing it on limited production. They're all beasting. But you're right he's among the league leaders in scoring, though let's not act like he's doing it as efficiently as KD or even Kobe. TS% is what matters more with scoring to me, not FG% (tho' he's lower on both).

Not sure why you'd expect more than 35 minutes out of Melo though, that's how much he generally plays before he starts getting too winded. Been that way for the last few years.
    I didn't say he was playing better than Durant or Lebron, but those are the only 2 guys clearly outplaying him. Hes absolutely a top 5 player so far this season. His teams also 2nd in the East and a 1/2 game out of first.

vCash

Ah the reason I don't buy into a lot of these stats is they can all be manipulated into something else.

Tyson chandler for instance is number 1 in the entire NBA in Offensive rating by a mile, no one is even close. Yes, you read that right. Tyson chandler whose only points come on put backs and dunks. Hes also 5th in Offensive win shares and 8th in Win shares overall and 1st in win shares over 48 min.

vCash

If you think a player is doing good, someone will dig up some advanced stats to prove you othewise. And there seem to be over a million advanced stats to choose from....

vCash
    Well I would imagine that you have not watched one Knick game this year, sometimes its more about stats. Melo has stepped up his play, being a leader that he should be on defense, working hard, and making smart plays. This is what he needed to do to propel him into that top 5 category. Its sometimes not about the stats, he is making everyone else around him better which is the point of an MVP. Also he is 3rd in the league in scoring lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    if bulls win the series ill leave this site forever
    I will for one time in my life actually root for the bulls

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast