Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    Interesting, Doom played over 90% of his snaps against Tampa in a 2-point stance according to PFF.
    Very interesting...oddly was ranked negatively for the game as well in the pass rush despite picking up a QB hit and 3 hurries.

I tell you what though...keep this coming..keep him up...he'll get more production.

vCash
    Raider fan here. Beat us good, we need picks!

vCash
    Go Broncos!!!!!!

We win maybe not as easy as the first game, A. Cause it is in Oakland B. Cause it is a revenge game for them, and C. Cause the Raiders will be looking to give Allen a smile after his father dying today.

Broncos win 35-21
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    Broncos' D.J. Williams may start in place of injured Wesley Woodyard

A starting linebacker from 2004, when he became the Broncos' first-round draft pick, through the 2011 season, D.J. Williams is in position to replace injured Wesley Woodyard and get his first start of the 2012 season Thursday night at Oakland.

Woodyard suffered a sprained ankle in the second quarter of the Broncos' 31-23 victory Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and did not return for the second half.

He didn't participate Tuesday in what will be the Broncos' only full practice of the week.

This is why the Broncos hung in there with Williams through two suspensions that forced him to miss the first nine games this season.

"It's going to have an impact," Broncos linebacker Von Miller said. "Wesley's been playing well for us here for the last ... really, all season. But D.J., he's ready to go. If Wood can't go, D.J. will step right in at the position. That's the same thing Wood did for D.J. at the beginning of the year. I think D.J. will be ready to go, and he'll definitely take advantage of his opportunity."

There is hope Woodyard will be able to play the next week at Baltimore.

Stokley still down.

It appears slot receiver Brandon Stokley will miss his second consecutive game with a hip injury. Stokley didn't play against the Buccaneers, and the short turnaround for Thursday night's game won't help. Stokley observed but did not participate in the Broncos' practice Tuesday.

With Stokley down, the Broncos primarily used two-tight end sets against Tampa Bay, with Jacob Tamme essentially playing the slot. Tamme led the team with nine catches.

Also plaguing the Broncos' receiving corps is the fact Matt Willis was limited Tuesday with a knee injury.

Time for Broncos to run.

Some of the Broncos' offensive success this season must rub on John Fox's soul. Fox is a defensive-minded, run-oriented coach, not that he minds having Peyton Manning as his quarterback and an offense that ranks third with 29.1 points per game.

The playoffs, though, are on the other side of this dwindling regular season, and at some point maybe only for one game, maybe only for one half the Broncos have to improve on a running game that ranks 22nd in the league.

"I know that's certainly something that Coach Fox and Coach (Mike) McCoy emphasized today," Manning said. "That is something that we feel like we have to be able to and do better. Especially as potential (bad) weather approaches, that run game is something you want to have clicking on all cylinders."

Broncos right tackle Orlando Franklin, though, said too much can be made of parts when it's about the sum.

"Winning football games, that's the point of emphasis," he said.
    DP

vCash
    So no Woody, no stokely AND Matt Willis, and we need to run the ball better. I'm thinking there is a good chance we get to see Caldwell here...I mean if we don't..then we are never going to see him.

It would be interesting to see D.J out there again.

vCash
    We shouldn't need Woodyard in this game, they should just rest him for next week's tilt against Ravens. That's going to be a rough game, probably going to see a lot of screens and checkdowns, which we have struggled to contain so far.

vCash
    Who's to say that we won't see that in this one? They certainly have the personnel to do it. I think McFadden is playing in this one...looks like we are going to be tested. And the raiders are definitely going to want this one..

Crush them. Give them no hope.

vCash
    Die Hard Raider fan. Yes we are totally embarrassed by the team on the field this year more than ever and I'm 56. The Nation fans deserve more than the this team is giving us. We are the heart and soul of the Oakland Raiders not that bunch of #$%@*^%$#%^ on the field each week. Good luck to you on Thursday night and I just hope our team shows up with our fans. Change is gonna come soon!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate12 View Post
    Die Hard Raider fan. Yes we are totally embarrassed by the team on the field this year more than ever and I'm 56. The Nation fans deserve more than the this team is giving us. We are the heart and soul of the Oakland Raiders not that bunch of #$%@*^%$#%^ on the field each week. Good luck to you on Thursday night and I just hope our team shows up with our fans. Change is gonna come soon!!!!
    56 wow I for once feel young on this website lol. Cool we got a couple Raiders fans come in here, normally it is much more busy with a few idiots that ruin it but pretty quite now. Good luck and start winning after our game so you get a worse pick !!

vCash
    Soo what ever happened to the Bronco fan that was calling us the Donkeys and said we would not make the playoffs?

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    he disappeared. I guess winning was too much for him. Not just him though, I do recall a couple more that were around all the time during the JMD era (a.k.a when we sucked).

So I guess success doesn't satisfy some "bronco fans."

vCash
    Or the only reason they joined PSD was to b!tch.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Leggggooooo!!!! Own these funkers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Who's to say that we won't see that in this one? They certainly have the personnel to do it. I think McFadden is playing in this one...looks like we are going to be tested. And the raiders are definitely going to want this one..

Crush them. Give them no hope.
    Oakland does do a lot of screen plays to Mcfadden and Reece, but definitely not as dominating as Baltimore. Their TE has been playing lights out lately, we'll need to contain him. If we can make their receivers, Heyward-Bey and Denarius Moore try to beat us, we should be able to get a lead early. I can see Palmer throwing at least 2 picks in this game.

vCash
    how many carries do you expect Morena to get? Will he still be the lead back today?

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast