Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Janikowski is the best player at his position.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    The only QB you can make the case for who's won anything recently is Eli, and he has gotten his interceptions under control. Rodgers, Peyton, and Brady often go a whole month without throwing a pick. Roethlisberger and Brees (not this season) don't have interception problems.

QBs like Ryan, Romo, Vick, Stafford, Cutler all fit in the close but no cigar category as far as winning goes, and they all have tendencies for multi-interception games and 20 interception seasons. That's what ultimately undoes games and seasons for them.
    A) Put me on the damned Glennon thing already. I've been saying I like him since the NCST V Miami (Fl) game.

(Though, I've got to admit, Stephen Morris' has got a future in the NFL, as well...)

B) I agree, but we need to be realistic.

You can name Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and... well, actually, that's it.

Luck looks like he's going to join that group. RGIII has a shot at it, as well. But even including those two AND Eli, you're still talking about 7 QB's in the entire NFL.

Keep in mind that 10-15 QBs get drafted, on average, every year.

Keep in mind that most teams keep 2-3; that there are a likely 96 on 'active' rosters or practice squads; that those players come and go with great frequency, as well.

Think about how many QB's there are in the NFL right now; how many there have been in the past decade... and understand that there are, at the moment, only four to five names of 'mistake free' players - and that those players have been around for a few years at that level.

It's great to get an elite QB if you can find one, but they are few and far between.

Palmer is an excellent option, especially compared to the Jeff George / Kerry Collins / Aaron Brooks / Josh McCown / Bruce Gradkowski / Jason Campbell rotation we've seen over the past decade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    A) Put me on the damned Glennon thing already. I've been saying I like him since the NCST V Miami (Fl) game.

(Though, I've got to admit, Stephen Morris' has got a future in the NFL, as well...)

B) I agree, but we need to be realistic.

You can name Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and... well, actually, that's it.

Luck looks like he's going to join that group. RGIII has a shot at it, as well. But even including those two AND Eli, you're still talking about 7 QB's in the entire NFL.

Keep in mind that 10-15 QBs get drafted, on average, every year.

Keep in mind that most teams keep 2-3; that there are a likely 96 on 'active' rosters or practice squads; that those players come and go with great frequency, as well.

Think about how many QB's there are in the NFL right now; how many there have been in the past decade... and understand that there are, at the moment, only four to five names of 'mistake free' players - and that those players have been around for a few years at that level.

It's great to get an elite QB if you can find one, but they are few and far between.

Palmer is an excellent option, especially compared to the Jeff George / Kerry Collins / Aaron Brooks / Josh McCown / Bruce Gradkowski / Jason Campbell rotation we've seen over the past decade.
    Glennon watch population is now 3

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by markhebert42 View Post
    You make a good point, but if we can't even beat Cleveland -- -- at home -- every play of the season is "garbage time." I'd say it's been garbage time since about the final play of the Atlanta game.
    lol, this has to be the DUMBEST post I have ever seen. Guess they should just not show up for games? Forfeit the season? So every stat from every Raiders player after the ATL game shouldn't count because its been garbage time? What about the 2 wins in a row after the ATL game? SMH
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kringle9 View Post
    not a fan of his trade, but with over 350 yards today he is one of the few doing his job.
    He can throw for 599 yds, 4 tds, 0 ints, it's not worth sh1tt if we don't win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Glennon watch population is now 3
    Put me on the Glennon bandwagon too. I'm sick of seeing people say Geno Smith. That has Al Davis pic written all over it. That's not what Reggie's about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    which is why this off-season Reggie is gonna do all he can to make sure he's got people catching the ball and blocking consistently for him.

Carson had done an exceptional job thus far as a Raider considering the circumstances. I mean, how the hell is any team supposed to overcome 13 sacks or whatever it is. The OL and DL's regression this year has been too big to overcome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    which is why this off-season Reggie is gonna do all he can to make sure he's got people catching the ball and blocking consistently for him.

Carson had done an exceptional job thus far as a Raider considering the circumstances. I mean, how the hell is any team supposed to overcome 13 sacks or whatever it is. The OL and DL's regression this year has been too big to overcome.
    And someone to run the damn ball

vCash
    What to do with him ? Get the man some wideouts. Plex Owens and Chad had better years last season then any wideout we have and people on here say they are washed up so what dose that say about the the wideouts we have now? Get some route runners in Oakland that can catch the damn ball constantly then let's judge him as a qb imo the man is doing a great job what with he has to work with receivers that can't get open and when they do can't hold on to the ball no running game whatsoever and no defence to have his back and this guy is still throwing for over 300 yards a game. Let's get the man some help and see what he can do we gave up to much to just give up on him just yet .
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Your right. But if the rest of the team doesn't perform how can it be his fault? If the man threw 599 yds 4 tds and 0 ints, that would mean someone was catching those balls, we are probably behind, therefore the onus would be on the defense and THAT my friend is the rub.

vCash
    Palmer is performing well without a run game to speak of and the Oline hasn't been together but for the last two games. Then throw in Knapp time he just flat out sucks the drop off from Hue and Saunders to Knapp is crazy! We need to get the D together in the offseason and get us a real O cordinator. Palmer can give us a few solid years before we have to worry about his replacement. With Criner, Streater and Moore we will improve dramaticly in the offseason passing the ball. We also have to figure out what we are gonna do about chicken legs either get a solid complimentary back or just flat out replace him. I would be satisfied with gettin a NT, DE, OLB, CB, DT, MLB and RB in the draft and filling in the rest of the garbage with free agents.
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567