Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Pryor people,I think it's time.Palmer has a good game if he throws 2 tds which he can't do

vCash
    Obviously, it is hard to judge a QB without taking into consideration his surroundings. Look at Phillip River in SD. He was highly regarded as a great QB in years past, but looks mediocre in the last couple of years. His best games have come when Jared Gaither has started at LT for him...

Same goes for our team... Palmer hasn't had the chance to play with the OL clicking... and the running game clicking... with skilled players at WR. Yet he still is performing adequately. Now some point to the fact that we are ALWAYS throwing the ball, which is why he has big stats... but when the opposing defenses KNOW you are going to throw, it is not easy.

Anyway... seems like we are rebuilding... like it or not. So does this mean we get rid of Palmer... NO.

Why force ourselves to draft a QB who we may not want to pick. Why force ourselves to start a less than adequate QB. And why ask our receivers to learn the game with a less than adequate QB at the helm. We must rebuild using a decent QB as the placeholder so to speak. Palmer is that. He will buy us time to look for a replacement and bring in the QB at the right pace.

Good teams move from good QB to good QB for a reason. The system is in place. Lets build the system with Palmer...and go from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    What do you guys think will happen with palmer? Palmer was given an extension but the interesting part is that his salary for 2013 is non guaranteed if we cut him. I think we can all agree we gave up too much for him. That is a main reason that some of you want to keep him, but that package is too bring us a superbowl and thats not going to happen. Reggie isn't tied to the trade either so i don't think he honestly cares what people will say. As I've said the biggest mistake teams make is building a team, then looking for their franchise QB. in 2-3 years im sure the offensive line will be set and the D will no doubt look MUCH different in 2-3 years. Carson already isn't what he used to be by that time i think he will be continuing to decline. Then we have to look for a franchise QB and it will really take another 2-3 years before that QB is ready to make DEEP playoff runs. This is a main reason why i want to see pryor for the next 3-4 games, i want to see if he has what it takes so we can go with palmer again next year knowing we have our man for the future behind him. I personally think the raiders should trade down picking up a second then taking Mike Glennon. We will still take a impact defensive player in the first and have more picks from trading down and trading other players. This way in 2-3 years when our team is built, our QB has experience under his belt to take us to another level. I know there isn't a GREAT QB prospect in this years draft but you never know. The experts have missed numerous times in calling people great prospects and bad prospects. What do you guys think will happen and what do you want to happen?

Palmer is not the problem. Every time I looked up at the game I saw one of our receivers dropping a pass... Or Palmer getting bulldozed in the pocket. Palmer should be the one saying f this team not us saying F Palmer. Give him some damn protection and you wouldn't be on here saying squat. We need a solid line. If you look at what the redskins gave up for griffin this trade wasn't too bad IMO. I like Palmer but if I were him I'd get out of town and play somewhere else.

vCash
    I don't know...Palmer didn't drop 6 passes like the receiving corps did..and he didn't commit 10 penalties to kill drives. He didn't give up 122 rush yards and over 3 hundred passing to an offense that absolutely stinks either. One terrible, terrible pick at the end of the game is his hone fault.

If his cap number can come down, he is serviceable for a few more years. There are soooo many holes in this roster that there is no reason to create more. We aren't a QB away from winning..we are like half a team away from winning.

Might as well put Pryor in at this point. Sure it is giving up on some winnable games (after this week of course), but the season was over for us weeks ago and most of the team already gave up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    maybe you didn't read the post, no one said palmer is the problem. He just isn't the solution.
    Sooo I'm guessing you agree with changing the offensive scheme to the crap we see out there on the field today... Because the scheme we had was not the issue but we are going to try to fix it anyway because it's not the solution ...... Lol .... What a crock of ****.... If Palmer is not the problem then why are you whining.
    Last edited by RickRossDaBoss; 12-03-2012 at 08:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRossDaBoss View Post
    Palmer is not the problem. Every time I looked up at the game I saw one of our receivers dropping a pass... Or Palmer getting bulldozed in the pocket. Palmer should be the one saying f this team not us saying F Palmer. Give him some damn protection and you wouldn't be on here saying squat. We need a solid line. If you look at what the redskins gave up for griffin this trade wasn't too bad IMO. I like Palmer but if I were him I'd get out of town and play somewhere else.
    But you're missing something in this argument. A great QB, a true leader and a champion, MAKES AVERAGE PLAYERS BETTER. A true leader inspires people to want to lay down their lives for him. People play for great QBs far better than they ever thought they could. The problem with Carson Palmer, is he is concerned with Carson Palmer. He does not inspire greatness in others. He doesn't even inspire greatness in himself. Even if he is a technically sound quarterback, that is not enough for a RAIDERS quarterback. We need a guy who will go out there and play his guts out and leave it all on the field every time, win or lose, UNTIL WE WIN. That is what a leader is. Palmer does not inspire excellence by leading, by giving 200% every game, and by putting in extra time off the clock, working with guys and building a spirit of brotherhood and camaraderie where people care enough for each other to go out and FIGHT for a win.

Carson Palmer is simply not that man. And we need a man like that, desperately. If he were an average quarterback and a great leader, he'd be a true Raider. As it is, he's a placeholder. We're waiting. We're all waiting. For a LEADER at quarterback! Blame the O-Line and the defence all you want. And God knows they can improve, but at the same time, without a true leader... it's just a bunch of players punching a clock. When the Raiders were at their greatest, it was because they were a TEAM on the field. And they ALWAYS had a great leader in the pocket. Keep that in mind!
    Last edited by HILLBILLYBLACK; 12-03-2012 at 08:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRossDaBoss View Post
    Sooo I'm guessing you agree with changing the offensive scheme to the crap we see out there on the field today.... If he's not the problem then why are you whining.
    whining?

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    But you're missing something in this argument. A great QB, a true leader and a champion, MAKES AVERAGE PLAYERS BETTER. A true leader inspires people to want to lay down their lives for him. People play for great QBs far better than they ever thought they could. The problem with Carson Palmer, is he is concerned with Carson Palmer. He does not inspire greatness in others. He doesn't even inspire greatness in himself. Even if he is a technically sound quarterback, that is not enough for a RAIDERS quarterback. We need a guy who will go out there and play his guts out and leave it all on the field every time, win or lose, UNTIL WE WIN. That is what a leader is. Palmer does not inspire excellence by leading, by giving 200% every game, and by putting in extra time off the clock, working with guys and building a spirit of brotherhood and camaraderie where people care enough for each other to go out and FIGHT for a win.

Carson Palmer is simply not that man. And we need a man like that, desperately. If he were an average quarterback and a great leader, he'd be a true Raider. As it is, he's a placeholder. We're waiting. We're all waiting. For a LEADER at quarterback! Blame the O-Line and the defence all you want. And God knows they can improve, but at the same time, without a true leader... it's just a bunch of players punching a clock. When the Raiders were at their greatest, it was because they were a TEAM on the field. And they ALWAYS had a great leader in the pocket. Keep that in mind!
    Sounds like a fairytale quarter back if you ask me....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post

Man what games are you watching? Carson has shown nothing but leadership. Yes he makes some questionable decisions but what QB doesn't? You can't put leadership faults on Palmer for people dropping passes or not running the right routes. How is that Carsons fault. You can't fault Carson for not having a running game. Please tell me how his leadership is going to help an OL or an RB to do the right assignment? Carson is not a great QB. Nobody is going to argue that point, but he is a better than average QB. The defense and the OL are huge factors into our struggles. How can you blame Carson when he doesn't have time to throw. Everyone knows Carson isn't a very mobile QB. How can you put it on Carson when the defense ensures that we are playing for our lives at half time. Do you understand we have to score just about every position to even stay in the game. The only teams that score on every position is the team that we are playing that week.

Totally don't get where you are coming from bro. Please enlighten me to Carsons failures. And I don't mean your opinion. Back it up with supporting facts.

vCash
    Sometimes he throws interceptions. He's a horrible person.

I bet he slaps his mother.

vCash
    God people read the thread. It doesn't say Palmer is the problem. And for everyone saying there is no need to look for a future qb needs to realize like raiderposting said Palmer is declining and won't be around when this teams finally ready to compete. It's important to start breading a qb who will be ready to play when this team is built to make playoffs. Palmer might not be the problem.... Until he gets in the readzone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    Sometimes he throws interceptions. He's a horrible person.

I bet he slaps his mother.
    Sometimes? He's had an interception problem majority of his career

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    Sometimes? He's had an interception problem majority of his career
    you can make that kind of argument for so many other QB's it's laughable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    you can make that kind of argument for so many other QB's it's laughable
    The only QB you can make the case for who's won anything recently is Eli, and he has gotten his interceptions under control. Rodgers, Peyton, and Brady often go a whole month without throwing a pick. Roethlisberger and Brees (not this season) don't have interception problems.

QBs like Ryan, Romo, Vick, Stafford, Cutler all fit in the close but no cigar category as far as winning goes, and they all have tendencies for multi-interception games and 20 interception seasons. That's what ultimately undoes games and seasons for them.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Call me crazy, but he is the best player in the team...

"Killer Instinct"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast