Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders420 View Post
    all he is is a shoe in. our team is not good enough to make it to the big 1, its not Palmers fault. By the time we are good enough he will probably be gone, unless RM can work some miracles. Our line is terrible this year, its hard for a pocket passer to be confident when worrying about ending up on his *** every time he drops back. We have to improve both lines first, before worrying about throwing a franchise QB back there. How do you think Palmer would do on the niners? I think that would be scary.
    This x100 nailed it.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Was I seeing things, or did Palmer execute at least two play actions where he faked on the right, but the RB was on the left. Even my son noticed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders420 View Post
    how much garbage time did he have in this game? we were in the game until they scored at the end. So how ever many yards he had on that last drive are the only garbage yards he had, today at least.
    You make a good point, but if we can't even beat Cleveland -- -- at home -- every play of the season is "garbage time." I'd say it's been garbage time since about the final play of the Atlanta game.

PSD's Jay Schroeder

vCash
    Living as I do, not far from Cinci, I was saddened to hear the Raiders had chosen Palmer. I hoped maybe the optimists among the Bengals fanbase were right, and maybe he really did just need a change of teams/owners/fans. But I doubted the optimists mightily, because the realists made some pretty good points week after week. Their points were basically this: Carson Palmer does not have the spirit of a champion. He's not willing to put in the extra work and time that creates championships, because he doesn't think he has to. When questioned on it, he blames everyone and everything else, because it just seems like he has this inherent arrogance which prevents him from admitting he might need to put some extra time in. Compare him to a person like Drew Brees, who humbly accepts that it takes hours and hours of work off the clock to create a champion.

Another of the criticisms is that Palmer is so focused on himself, he's not a good team leader, and what makes or breaks a struggling team, is a QB who is a good team leader. Palmer's beside manner is atrocious. If he were scary good, maybe his inability to communicate effectively would be overcome by awestruck respect. But Palmer doesn't have that, nor does he go to work to create a sense of camaraderie amongst his teammates. It is worsened by the fact that at least in Cinci, when things got tough, he was very quick to throw his teammates under the bus.

I seriously doubt Carson Palmer is going to lead the Raiders to any kind of real comeback. The same things all of you are saying in his defence, were heard in Cinci for years, until pretty much the entire fanbase realized the truth: he will never be a champion, and worse, he drags a team down over time and then blames the team.

I'm a person who likes to see guys given a chance, and the Raiders surely have a tradition of doing that. Time will tell, but I would not be surprised at all if things continue just as dismally as they have been, and Palmer begins pointing fingers; it's all downhill from there.

vCash
    Last I checked Palmer doesn't play on defense, he doesn't catch passes and he doesn't block for himself. The Raiders biggest issue is NOT Carson Palmer. Could they upgrade from him? Of course. However, the Raiders have much more pressing needs then a QB. Palmer is the best QB the Raiders have had since Gannon. In his defense, he doesn't have a big body at tight end he can throw to, he doesn't have a skilled, sure handed veteran WR he can count on, the offensive line is incredibly inconsistent and the running game has been nonexsistent! The Raiders could have Eli Manning as their QB and their record would still be the same. I have no problem with Carson Palmer as our QB for another season or two.

If the Raiders do something stupid like draft a QB with their first pick (especialy Geno Smith who I think will be a total bust), I'm seriously going to throw up! McKenzie needs to think DEFENSE this entire draft. Now, having said that, if he were able to draft a guy like Barkley or Tyler Wilson in a later round after having addressed the defense and with the intention of sitting them under Palmer for a season or two, I would be fine with that. However, Barkley and Wilson will most likely be gone by the end of round 2. This defense has to get MUCH better and younger before the Raiders worry about replacing Palmer.
    Last edited by redrooster; 12-03-2012 at 08:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Was I seeing things, or did Palmer execute at least two play actions where he faked on the right, but the RB was on the left. Even my son noticed.
    LOL!! ... I saw it for sure! ... Couldn't stop laughing! Still can't!

vCash
    The Raiders have an easy draft. Get whoever is best player available at the time that we pick. Our needs is everywhere. Just a though,,,,, can you draft a coach?

vCash
    Pryor wont even be a staring qb in 2 or 3 years.Asfor looking @ him now yea lets get it over and move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    As an NC State guy, I really like Glennon. He has the physical tools to succeed in the NFL. I think he is very intelligent and he can make all the throws. He is a superior arm talent as well. He just hasn't has much consistent talent around him, a fluctuating offensive line, and an abysmal running game. I also wholeheartedly agree with your assertion that the QB should be the building block and not the last addition. That being said, I am not entirely sure Glennon will last until the mid 2nd if we trade back. We would very possibly have to find a way to trade back into the bottom of the 1st.
    I'm on board with Glennon. He reminds me of Matt Schaub.

It's worth noting, however - I thought Russell was the second coming of Elway; I thought Aaron Rodgers was going to be terrible.

Add me to the fan club, but know it is by no means a 'compliment.'

(We'll see if I was right on Foles, who I wanted last year.)

Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    I have defended Palmer and his stats in the past, but the cold truth is his stats are artificially inflated. When the game is actually up for grabs, he has lots of miscommunication with receivers, and quite frankly is inept at putting the ball in the endzone. If we are going to rebuild the right way, I don't think he fits into the equation.
    Palmer has made some great throws, and he's also made some good throws that were incomplete.

The whole team is a mess, but I think Palmer is the least of the Raiders problems.

Oakland needs to commit to the run game, IMO, and until they do, Palmer is going to be put into a perpetually tough spot.

The house is burning down and some people are worried about an overloaded power outlet, lol - Palmer is the least of Oakland's worries.

vCash
    Lets not be stupid. This is not the year to draft a qb..unless its a Tom Brady in the 6th round. Do you see any college qb's better than cp? We need def lineman like Star L, lb's like teo and olm,and rbs. Here is what we need to do trade dmac,RO,kelly,seymour for draft picks.

vCash

not the answer

Palmer is not the problem.Allen brought back Gregg knapp who wants to run,on a team that is built to pass.Greeg Knapp was not the answer then and after a second time is still not the answer.

vCash
    Its always garbage time with our current defense, what else would you like him to do? It isnt skewed stats its more evidence that our defense is horrible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Its always garbage time with our current defense, what else would you like him to do? It isnt skewed stats its more evidence that our defense is horrible
    you nailed it...my thoughts exactly...if he had no numbers...well then Id be really worried...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    who exactly is gonna replace and play better than Palmer? who's to say Palmer won't restructure some of his money around?

And the idea of taking a QB in ANY round in this upcoming draft is beyond stupid. You see how bad this defense is ailing.

And why would you even waste a draft pick like that on a QB when the following year there is a significantly better QB draft class. It's a lose/lose to select a QB with any pick in this upcoming draft. Period.

And who's to say that Knapp's replacement won't get this offense and Carson to play to their best of their ability? All we've seen so far from Carson is him pressing. Last year, this year. He hasn't had a good defense for five minutes and he's almost been hear a year and a half. Take some time to think about that.

I'm all for throwing Pryor in there after this Thursday's game to see what he can do. I'm against the notion that there is any QB in FA or in the draft that will be able to play better than Carson Palmer will next season. So it makes no sense to dump him unless Pryor plays like Kaepernick or better. That's yet to be seen.

Again, I'm sure all of you have heard my take on this but I just don't believe judging Carson off of what he's been dealt so far is true to what he can be should Reggie get him some ****ing help to make this work. The OL and WR's regressed IMMENSELY this year. We were THIS close to the playoffs last year because of him.

I put the blame on the young receivers (who lost us the last game of 2011) who have not been consistent. How about we see Carson with an actual I dunno..vet receiver? Lol I may be in the minority here but I seen what this guy can do when the receivers catch the ball and the coaches put the players in the best position to win.
    Thank you very much for saving me my time & effort, you took the words right out of my finger tips lol....how can anybody expect him to do any better without any vet recievers, a miserable o-line and virtually little to no running game at some point.& not only that a shity *** defense that always has CP3 playing the catch up game, hence the unessasary int's(not including all the batted up balls, miss cues and tipped up balls)...just my opinion though lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    The house is burning down and some people are worried about an overloaded power outlet, lol - Palmer is the least of Oakland's worries.
    That was awesome. I'll have to remember that!

I can see what y'all mean that he's not The One Thing that needs to change to fix the team. I do think he can "hold is own" for a couple
    of years. But eventually, the Raiders are gonna need a QB who is
    a leader and a champion. I look forward to that day!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast