Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 423
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,200
    vCash
    1500

    Does the Republican Party need to GTFO??

    I mean Fox News political analyst even said this was maybe the last chance the republican party had to take the white house. The population is getting browner whether they like it or not. The Repubs are moving further to the right. I can't see them winning another election ever again. Personally I think they need to completely overhaul there party and ideology. They are out of touch with america. A multi billion dollar campaign and they still got crushed crazy.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,581
    vCash
    1500
    The breakdown of the United States' political parties has been pretty consistent since the beginning when it was the Federalists vs. the Democrat-Republicans.

    So, I doubt either party is going anywhere.

    The Republicans control the House of Representatives, and appear to have a pretty interesting 2016 field. You got Christie and Rubio in the mix for 2016. Both will likely be stronger candidates than Mitt Romney was this year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36,319
    vCash
    500
    I think this pushes the GOP toward candidates that aren't as extreme, and frankly, that's a potentially very, very good thing.

    On the converse, we may see more extreme dems in the future, and that could potentially be a very, very bad thing.



    IMO, the correct candidate won tonight, but I hope that this election leads to changes in the future regarding who parties nominate.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36,319
    vCash
    500
    Correction: I should say aren't as polarizing rather than aren't as extreme. That's a better word choice.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,613
    vCash
    135000
    Republicans have a big issue in that minorities vote primarily for democrats and minorities are the majority!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,200
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    The breakdown of the United States' political parties has been pretty consistent since the beginning when it was the Federalists vs. the Democrat-Republicans.
    Sure. ONCE UPON A TIME the democratic party was the part of the KKK and pro-slavery. OBVIOUSLY they have over hauled their idealogy. The republican party is just so STALE with this Ronald Reagan rhetoric they spew. I wonder what big changes they will HAVE to make to get in touch with reality

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,892
    vCash
    1500
    The republicans will most likely win the next election

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    36,935
    vCash
    1000
    They just need a new group of conservatives that identifies with the general public. Romney was too transititional

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    36,935
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by packfan1 View Post
    The republicans will most likely win the next election
    and this

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,200
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by packfan1 View Post
    The republicans will most likely win the next election
    And that assumption is based on........................

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    63,820
    vCash
    500
    No, but they gotta start figuring out that times are a changing.

    With the economy like it was, they should have done much better than this. Gotta stop alienating women, minorities and finding a way to appeal to the youth.

    And find candidates that are worthy.


    But...if the next 4 years don't go well, they'll probably take it right back.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,892
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    And that assumption is based on........................
    That unless Obama does something amazing the next 4 years they won't put another democrat in office.

    Example: 08, any republican that ran had no chance after 8 years of Bush.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,581
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Sure. ONCE UPON A TIME the democratic party was the part of the KKK and pro-slavery. OBVIOUSLY they have over hauled their idealogy. The republican party is just so STALE with this Ronald Reagan rhetoric they spew. I wonder what big changes they will HAVE to make to get in touch with reality
    The ideologies haven't changed that much. The individual issues change. The makeup of the two parties ideologically is still basically Hamilton vs. Jefferson.

    In 2008 there were people declaring the Republican party dead, and then 2010 happened.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,200
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by packfan1 View Post
    That unless Obama does something amazing the next 4 years they won't put another democrat in office.

    Example: 08, any republican that ran had no chance after 8 years of Bush.
    Thats what Repubs said 2 years ago. It aint happening bro. AS IT STANDS the conservative base has an absolutely REPULSIVE platform. They lost to a president that has a terrible record and they SPENT BILLIONS OF DOLLARS getting him unelected.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,200
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    The ideologies haven't changed that much. The individual issues change. The makeup of the two parties ideologically is still basically Hamilton vs. Jefferson.

    In 2008 there were people declaring the Republican party dead, and then 2010 happened.
    And what changed from 2010-2012?? The answer is NOTHING except that the democrats didn't "Get Out the Vote" for the House of Reps which obviously they couldn't/wouldn't do for a Presidential vote. The obvious point here is when the DNC trys they will trump the GOP every time because they just have a WAYYYYYYY bigger base.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •