Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 158 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 2366
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Worcester
    Posts
    202
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    3. ya Tigers offered 4 years i think 40M and his client said that would be an insult LOL. Well You are not getting 7 years unless u go to dodgers. And someone posted Your not anyone special and its true hes not like a #1 ace.

    1. 4th year no num. figure i can think of
    Ok let me try to make sense of this... The Tigers offered him 4 years @ 40M and his agent said it was an insult. And you want to offer him 5 years ... @ 40M?

    Sanchez with a 3.74 ERA in the AL last year and a 3.86 overall for the year i'd give him 4yrs/$60M front loaded contract. with an option on a 5th.


    If you want Hamms here for 3 years you better be prepared to offer him closer to a 3yr $96M deal and a Team option for a 4th year at about $30M.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsox07Champs View Post
    I'm getting really sick of people just tanking in hopes of contending next year. It's so stupid. If they sign swisher and get a decent arm for the rotation, then why not? Look at the Orioles and athletics this past year. No one even considered those teams to even be close. We have far more talent than those teams, they simply underperformed this past year, had no unity in the clubhouse, and didn't have the best person to manage the team. The red sox are not the royals, pirates or Astros. It's about this year and every year. If you have no optimism, then get out of here! I believe this team can go very far next year. They just need a couple more pieces.
    And I'm sick of people that don't realize that there are opportunities and costs and that there are adults running the other franchises in MLB.

    I'm also sick of posters who do not realize that we are not a move or two away from the WS.

    The O's and A's sort of teams happen every now and then. How far did they get BTW?

    At the moment I'm sick of people that don't take into consideration that this is the worst FA class in at least 15 years.

    Maybe they should split the group into those that are over 25 and have adult responsibilities and lives those that do not. Optimism with little grounding in reality is like fingernails on a chalk board. Perhaps noisy but not pleasant or interesting.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    251
    vCash
    1500
    Ouch

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan85 View Post
    x10000!
    x -1


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  5. #125
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston/Florida
    Posts
    9,244
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    JonHeymanCBS the #mets are talking to several teams about trades for RA Dickey. they seek catching and outfield help.

    Salty for Dickey
    don't see it & i think hes a product of City field since its a massive pitchers park. so... #NoThankYou
    Proud to be PSD's Chris Kelly!
    The Chris Kelly Watch: 3 G /0 A/ 3 Pts / 2 +/-


    He went to the top self where Momma keeps the Peanut Butter & Where i hid the Porno's

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,512
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    And I'm sick of people that don't realize that there are opportunities and costs and that there are adults running the other franchises in MLB.

    I'm also sick of posters who do not realize that we are not a move or two away from the WS.

    The O's and A's sort of teams happen every now and then. How far did they get BTW?


    At the moment I'm sick of people that don't take into consideration that this is the worst FA class in at least 15 years.

    Maybe they should split the group into those that are over 25 and have adult responsibilities and lives those that do not. Optimism with little grounding in reality is like fingernails on a chalk board. Perhaps noisy but not pleasant or interesting.
    Wrong. This can happen to any team. You just have to be smart. Instead of the Red Sox going out and spending on every big free agent this year they narrowed down their search to guys who will produce, not just names. That is how you get to championships and that is why the Red Sox can be 2 or 3 moves away from the World Series. I don't know what lineup you're looking at, but right now, with the addition or a pitcher and another bat, this lineup could be very productive. We don't need a major overhaul like you think.

    Also, it seems to me like every year people think the free agent class is a down year. Look at all the old posts, even in other sports. It's always the case. There's never going to be a perfect fit of players.
    "Those of you who think they know everything annoy those of us that do"


    Proud to be PSD's Adam McQuaid and Jarrod Saltalamacchia

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Worcester
    Posts
    202
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnsLunch View Post
    Ouch
    +1

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,122
    vCash
    1500
    Joe McDonald@ESPNJoeyMac

    Red Sox special assistant Jason Varitek just checked in. #WinterMeetings #RedSox

    Alright! The Captain is in the building!


    PAPI SMASH!

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,122
    vCash
    1500
    WEEI‏@WEEI

    Source: No-trade wouldn’t impact Red Sox’ chances of landing Asdrubal Cabrera http://dlvr.it/2ZbvB8


    PAPI SMASH!

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    161
    vCash
    1500
    With the sort of attitude and leadership these players that the RS are targeting, it seems to me that they REALLY had a bad clubhouse the last two years. It was obviously bad enough to ship out Crawford and Beckett, but I didn't think it was so bad that they had to find good character and leadership types to completely change the culture in the clubhouse.

    Obviously Crawford was a bad signing, as well as (as far as I am concerned) the Lackey contract. The front office royally f'ed our future up when we missed out on the signing of Matt Holiday. *Insert "would have, could have" situation here.

    The approach the Sox are currently taking is 100% spot on. No more massive contracts for players over 30, bringing in leaders and good chemistry type players, and being smart with our specs. If Theo could have done this more often, we would have won more world series I guarantee it!

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Worcester
    Posts
    202
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    JonHeymanCBS the #mets are talking to several teams about trades for RA Dickey. they seek catching and outfield help.

    Salty for Dickey
    No. The ridiculous asking price for a 38 y/o pitcher... no, just.. no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsox07Champs View Post
    I'm getting really sick of people just tanking in hopes of contending next year. It's so stupid. If they sign swisher and get a decent arm for the rotation, then why not? Look at the Orioles and athletics this past year. No one even considered those teams to even be close. We have far more talent than those teams, they simply underperformed this past year, had no unity in the clubhouse, and didn't have the best person to manage the team. The red sox are not the royals, pirates or Astros. It's about this year and every year. If you have no optimism, then get out of here! I believe this team can go very far next year. They just need a couple more pieces.
    Did you all miss the whole BC plan of putting up a contending team? The goal every year is to win a WS be it a rebuilding year, bridge year, or anyother year. Are we going to contend? maybe... Are we going to win a WS? Most likely not. Are we going to mortgage our future for over priced bags of ****? No. Would we move a few top prospects for a young proven rock solid bat or arm? Its not out of the realm of possibilities.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,056
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginRondo17 View Post
    I would love a Floyd for Salty swap
    Absolutely agree.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    9,041
    vCash
    1500
    3 Way Trade

    Boston gives: Buchholz, Aceves, Wilson... Gets: Justin Upton

    Cleveland gives: Cabrera, McAllister... Gets: Buchholz, Wilson

    Arizona gives: Justin Upton... Gets: Cabrera, McAllister, Aceves

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by athlete9393 View Post
    Wrong. This can happen to any team. You just have to be smart. Instead of the Red Sox going out and spending on every big free agent this year they narrowed down their search to guys who will produce, not just names. That is how you get to championships and that is why the Red Sox can be 2 or 3 moves away from the World Series. I don't know what lineup you're looking at, but right now, with the addition or a pitcher and another bat, this lineup could be very productive. We don't need a major overhaul like you think.

    Also, it seems to me like every year people think the free agent class is a down year. Look at all the old posts, even in other sports. It's always the case. There's never going to be a perfect fit of players.
    Review for me our situation at SS, RF, SP, RP

    We've now made 2 of our moves. 1 more left by your count - what move? Dig up Mickey Mantle in his 1957 prime?

    Obviously we can field a team, are we going to field a 94 win WS type team?

    What's the line-up today?

    Ells
    Pedroia
    Ortiz
    Napoli
    Swisher
    WMB
    Gomes
    C
    SS

    Each of the first 4 guys have had lots of injury issues. So magically this year they will hit at an average of their 2 best seasons and be 100% healthy?

    Are we going to get anything offensively out of SS? our bench?

    To get Swisher you just used up all your big off season moves. Will this team resemble the 2007 Red Sox - **** no. So then the pitching better be better. Magically we are going to get 2nd or 3rd best seasons out of all of our pitchers?

    The team will be healthy in a way that it never was the last few years, and maybe never in the history of the Sox? Is that the real kernel of your plan?

    Check!

    LOL
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-03-2012 at 02:41 PM.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan101NlB View Post
    If Theo could have done this more often, we would have won more world series I guarantee it!
    That was Theo's stated intent and what he did at first. The owners including LL seemed to affect a lot of went on in the middle and late years here, I wouldn't blame Theo for a lot of this.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

Page 9 of 158 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •