Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2366
    vCash
    If M'S get Bay dont see them getting JH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Right.

The Jays promise to be the best they have been since the early 90's

The Yanks and us both look down a bit, but TBR isn't going anywhere, and the O's should win at least 80 this year.

For us to play well in the East AND jump over at least 3 other teams for the WC, or 4 for the Division without nailing the farm is almost impossible unless we basically own the FA's this year - unlikely with so many other teams around and some sort of spending limit.

Once the WE MUST WIN CROWD takes in a breath and thinks they will come to see that they might not like the 2-3 year plan, but it's what is going to happen like it or not.
    If the sox are rebuilding(which appears obvious), and with elite talent less and less likely reaching free agency(which used to be the red sox only adtvantage). I think your looking at a 3-5 year plan. Personaly, I'm ok with this, but it will devastate the Red Sox marketing and there cash cow the "pink hats". I would love the sox to move Ellsbury and Lester this offseason and acquire some high ceiling talent that is 1-2 years away, but more than likely they hold on to both of them. I can already see Lester getting lit up in the first half and Ellsbury struggling or getting a hang nail and missing the first half of the season. can't wait for spring training!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    You think anybody sees Bay as anything but a gamble/4th OF? He's been going down the drain since 2006 (look it up).

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I honestly don't want Hamilton, SEA can have him, he is not worth the risk and I don't want us taking on a contract that he will want.
    "You’re either two feet in now or you’re two feet out. Let us know now because we’re coming."
    -Pedey

Follow me on Twitter: S_____C_____

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LasahShow14 View Post
    I honestly don't want Hamilton, SEA can have him, he is not worth the risk and I don't want us taking on a contract that he will want.
    If and I mean if we offered a 3-4 yr contract that is not bad IMO. I can deal with that. The Rangers really wanted to keep JH after loosing Nap. But it seems like they are more interested in Zach than re-signing JH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    Says the one who's got the wish of us signing Anibal Sanchez and trading for Stanton while keeping Bogaerts.
    Trading for Stanton while keeping Bogaerts is entirely possible. Likely to happen? No. Hence, wish list.

Also, I think the signing of Sanchez would be a nice addition to the rotation if not a cheaper option with McCarthy. They need a starter. Be it trading for Floyd or signing someone else. I don't want Floyd for the record i'd much rather take a chance with McCarthy.

Your is mute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    I disagree. Add Hamilton and Sanchez, and we are instantly contenders.
    Why do we want to spend $43M per year on two guys?

One guy is a #2.5 SP in the AL

The other guy is high risk/high reward guy that was weak the last 380 PA's last year, with sagging fielding abilities, and an addiction to caffiene, god, booze, and heroin.

What's that worth? Net +8 games a year when they are healthy and involved? It would be somewhat acceptable for 3 years each, but what about a two 5 year deals? Almost for sure not worth it.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty17 View Post
    Im sorry but some of the "logic" and ideas floating around in this forum right now are just baffling. I will sit on the sidelines until some of these posters start to gain some sort of self control and grounding with reality and not MLB The Show Trades and Signings.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Save us please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    What do people don't get.We do not rebuild in Boston.We are the City of Championships. The Red sox charge one of the Highest tickets in Baseball and we suppose to give them a 3 years rebuild build. Im sorry but we are not the Pirates.Astros etc.on Plus the media in Boston will not allow it.Im semi ok with one bridge year, but three.

Some fans wanting their teams to sign stars and nothing wanting them to rely on prospects doesn't make them a pink hat. Some people misuse that word and that's annoying. A pink hat is a casual fan who suddenly roots for a team when they playing good. Last time i checked none of us here are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    You think anybody sees Bay as anything but a gamble/4th OF? He's been going down the drain since 2006 (look it up).
    I did look it up. But he was plaqued by injuries. A new ballpark and healthy I think he will do better in Seattle thats my taking. If hes healthy. Plus the 2 yrs with us he did pretty good

vCash
    If they sign him to a 1 year incentive laden contract he's their 5th/4th OF at best. They will still go for JH. J-Bay is no ones realistic starting option.

vCash
    4 year deal for JH the last 2 years he will be the DH......get it done Larry!

vCash
    If and I mean if we offered a 3-4 yr contract that is not bad IMO. I can deal with that. The Rangers really wanted to keep JH after loosing Nap. But it seems like they are more interested in Zach than re-signing JH.
    I posted an article here from one of main Rangers papers and it said that the fans and the FO are both quite un-stoked to resign Hamilton. They seem to have him as a reluctant sign if ZG goes to the Dodgers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    What do people don't get.We do not rebuild in Boston.We are the City of Championships. The Red sox charge one of the Highest tickets in Baseball and we suppose to give them a 3 years rebuild build. Im sorry but we are not the Pirates.Astros etc.on Plus the media in Boston will not allow it.Im semi ok with one bridge year, but three.

Some fans wanting their teams to sign stars and nothing wanting them to rely on prospects doesn't make them a pink hat. Some people misuse that word and that's annoying. A pink hat is a casual fan who suddenly roots for a team when they playing good. Last time i checked none of us here are.
    Well I wanted to Giants to beat Tigers in the WS LOL

vCash
    Bill Plunkett@billplunkettocr

#Dodgers GM Ned Colletti: Not on doorstep of landing pitcher. "Not even on front lawn"
    Good way of putting it LOL