Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2366
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMP83 View Post
    I don't think that was ever officially confirmed, was it? The only thing confirmed was that they met with him and his agent on Monday.
    somone posted a spanish link saying sox offered 3-4 years $$ not disclosed something like that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWesWelker View Post
    Try and look at it through a broader spectrum. As bags said, the Rangers are a WS caliber team, we are not. Ask yourself, if we were to sign Hamilton/Sanchez/ other high priced FA's demanding long term contracts, would we compete for the world series? I think the answer is no, we would not. So why give out long term, high risk contracts to players with serious question marks, when it won't parlay into the success you're looking for?

We are trying to field a competitive team in 2012 without hurting our chances to make a run in 2013/2014/2015. I know from 2004 onward, it seemed like the Sox would be a powerhouse forever, but it's just not possible.

This is the "reset" Theo was talking about in "Feeding the Monster." It's a good thing, we just have to be patient and understand the process.
    I disagree. Add Hamilton and Sanchez, and we are instantly contenders.

vCash
    Sean_McAdam Red Sox lose Pawtucket RHP Josh Fields to Houston in first pick of Rule 5 draft. #RedSoxTalk
    /

vCash
    Im sorry but some of the "logic" and ideas floating around in this forum right now are just baffling. I will sit on the sidelines until some of these posters start to gain some sort of self control and grounding with reality and not MLB The Show Trades and Signings.

vCash
    alexspeier Sox take 2B Jeff Kobernus from Nationals
    eh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    /
    What's the meaning/purpose of the Rule 5 Draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    I disagree. Add Hamilton and Sanchez, and we are instantly contenders.
    If we signed them both right now, we'd be contenders for 1, maybe 2 years. At that point we will have big holes and a lot of players on the downsides of their careers and almost no flexibility to fix it.

However, if we can play the market and wait for some things to fall into place, in a perfect world we may be able to sign both these players to below market value contracts and compete not only this year but for quite a while.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

vCash
    Sean_McAdam Red Sox lose Pawtucket RHP Josh Fields to Houston in first pick of Rule 5 draft. #RedSoxTalk

^This Sucks.

vCash
    BNightengale Chuck Armstrong: saysWe are not close on Hamilton but we are close on Jason Bay."
    interesting

Listening to MLB draft everyone is passing LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty17 View Post
    I will sit on the sidelines until some of these posters start to gain some sort of self control and grounding with reality and not MLB The Show Trades and Signings.
    Says the one who's got the wish of us signing Anibal Sanchez and trading for Stanton while keeping Bogaerts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    What's the meaning/purpose of the Rule 5 Draft
    im new to it so I dunno

This may help you

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...medium=twitter

vCash
    interesting

Listening to MLB draft everyone is passing LOL
    saw that on twitter.only reason im on twitter.It's a good place to get sports news/updates.

vCash
    im new to it so I dunno

This may help you

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...medium=twitter
    Thanks for the link. I got it now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Right.

The Jays promise to be the best they have been since the early 90's

The Yanks and us both look down a bit, but TBR isn't going anywhere, and the O's should win at least 80 this year.

For us to play well in the East AND jump over at least 3 other teams for the WC, or 4 for the Division without nailing the farm is almost impossible unless we basically own the FA's this year - unlikely with so many other teams around and some sort of spending limit.

Once the WE MUST WIN CROWD takes in a breath and thinks they will come to see that they might not like the 2-3 year plan, but it's what is going to happen like it or not.
    True, but I will say there's still a lot of uncertainty in the AL East. Rays haven't really improved their offense yet, Blue Jays took on a bunch of talent but also a lot of risk with their deal, Yankees are old and somewhat injured and haven't done anything this offseason yet either, Baltimore is likely to regress. I'm not saying we could've really done anything to make ourselves the favorites, but I would have liked to see us do better than trying to tread .500 water. I think we could do better while not crippling the team going forward. I'll wait and see what kind of deals guys like Swisher get.

vCash
    alexspeier Sox will trade Kobernus.hit 282/325/333/658 in Dbl-A in '12
    Tigers will get him. Alexspeier

alexspeier Tigers will give Sox a non-roster player for Kobernus. Not final who yet...

ooo goodie LOL
    Last edited by Soxfan85; 12-06-2012 at 11:17 AM.