Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Tim Brown@TBrownYahoo Source: Brian Wilson has been told by surgeon James Andrews that he will be cleared for spring training and ready by opening day.
    Been quiet about him

vCash
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- According to multiple baseball sources, Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington and manager John Farrell met with free agent outfielder Josh Hamilton at the winter meetings.

The Red Sox are believed to be interested in Hamilton, but only on a shorter-term deal than the 5-7 years the 31-year-old is believed to be seeking.

When meeting with the local media Wednesday night, Cherington would only confirm that the team had met with a player, not identifying which free agent it was.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/th...l-met-hamilton

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    blanton gets 2 yrs, $15M
    from LAA
    Last edited by grandsalami; 12-05-2012 at 08:25 PM.

vCash
    I mean if we signed Hamilton to a 4 year deal and put him in LF, Victorino in CF and Gomes/Kalish in RF I would be fine with that.

Trade Ellsbury for prospects

Trade those specs and Brentz and others not named Bogaerts and Bradley for a good SP

But over a 4 year deal than absolutely not
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Gomes isn't playing RF. If they sign Hamilton I would imagine he'd play RF with Victorino in CF.

That said, I don't think I see another major move. I bet they look to move Ellsbury at the trade deadline and we start the season with what we have now plus a pitcher like Marcum or Jackson and a good bench bat.

vCash
    Moving Ellsbury at the deadline is stupid.He becomes a rental at that point and no team is going to give you a good player/prospects.

vCash
    Sign Brian Wilson 1 year 4-6 million
    Sign Edwin Jackson 2 years 22 million
    Sign Anibel Sanchez 4 years 60 million Team Option 5th year for 15 million
    Sign Jason Grilli 2 year 9 million (idk how much he wants)
    Trade Ellsbury at Deadline when he rebuilds his value for very good pitching prospect eg. Bauer,hultzen,paxton etc
    Trade Lester and Brentz for Myers and Orodizzi
    Trade Salty to Cubs for Vogelbach and lower pitching prospect
    Draft Clint Frazier/stanek/appel/manaea
    Keep Bogaerts/bradley/barnes no matter what
    Limit any deals involving Owens/RDLR/Webster/Swihart/Cecchini
    This would be perfect I would say

vCash
    Many players are worth more at the deadline then the off season. Clubs are desperate to plug holes that they don't even know about yet. Teams are afraid of Ellsbury at this point, he could play his way well out of that by the deadline.

Edwin Jackson will go for more than 2 for 22 I believe. Look at what Blanton got...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    but you won't get compensation when Ellbury leaves at the end of the season. Trading him now teams will still get draft picks with new rules you lose lot of value trading for someone in the middle of season.

vCash
    KC isn't going to tro Odorizzi when they're looking for pitching. He's already MLB ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    KC isn't going to tro Odorizzi when they're looking for pitching. He's already MLB ready.
    Do you think there would be another prospect they would put in the deal instead maybe a lower level pitching prospect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmonster24 View Post
    but you won't get compensation when Ellbury leaves at the end of the season. Trading him now teams will still get draft picks with new rules you lose lot of value trading for someone in the middle of season.
    Very true I was thinking about that. Teams might be willing to give a little extra knowing that theyll either resign ellsbury or at least get a draft pcik for him at the end of the season

vCash
    Maybe an Ellsbury to Texas deal
    Texas gets Ellsbury
    Red Sox get Cody Buckel and Luis Sardinas

vCash
    Yeah, but it wouldn't be surprising to me if teams are trying to lowball us after another injury filled season.

The comp pick might not make as much as a difference on his price as seeing him healthy and hitting well. It's a gamble you take, obviously, but if no one's making a good offer now I guarantee the Sox pass and you've got Victorino in RF.

vCash
    yes that's true. but you are assuming all other things are equal here. If he's .325/.385/.500 at the deadline, and two teams are dire need of a CF (one injury, one guy just can't do it this year) - then I submit you'd get multiples of what you'd get now.

Still, for the sake of the team's wa in ST - I'd rather he be dealt now - but not for loose change however.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....