Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 158 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    So you can seriously tell me that you think we are one power hitting outfielder away??? I guess nobody told you he doesnt pitch.

Serious question to everyone that wants the RedSox to go all out on Josh Hamiltion..... When was the last time that we signed a free agent to a long term deal worth top dollars and it worked out for us????
    If the sox did sign him it wouldn't be long term, maybe 3 yrs with an option for a 4th yr.

vCash
    So you can seriously tell me that you think we are one power hitting outfielder away??? I guess nobody told you he doesnt pitch.

Serious question to everyone that wants the RedSox to go all out on Josh Hamiltion..... When was the last time that we signed a free agent to a long term deal worth top dollars and it worked out for us????
    Not because it hasn't worked does not mean you shouldn't keep trying. For example Dice k didnt work out. Does that mean we should stop signing Japanese players. We just have to target the right players and not give them 7, 8 year deals.

vCash

I'm not on the Hamilton bandwagon, if we got him for a reasonable deal then fine, but just b/c the last couple of big contracts didn't work out doesn't mean you can be gunshy about giving a big contract now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    I'm not on the Hamilton bandwagon, if we got him for a reasonable deal then fine, but just b/c the last couple of big contracts didn't work out doesn't mean you can be gunshy about giving a big contract now.
    I tend to agree, but why give the big contract to JH? The risk does not outweigh the reward. The same people keep bringing him up, I'm tired of talking about him. I just want him to sign already so we can forget about him.

vCash
    There's already a lot more skepticism now over Hamilton than there was when we signed Crawford, yet some people are still in love with the idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    I tend to agree, but why give the big contract to JH? The risk does not outweigh the reward. I'm tired of talking about him because the same people keep bringing him up, I just want him to sign already so we can forget about him.
    agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    We got to do something big. Im sorry i have already suffered from the Red Sox not going to the playoffs in three seasons. Why rebuild and suffer for another three years more. Im sorry but im not on build with the rebuilding.

It's not our fault that they gave/sign players like cameron, Hermeida, Lugo, Renteria, lackey, crawford just to name a few. It was Theo and the ownerships fault. Don't make us suffer because of your stupid mistakes. I have never been to Fenway but im a die hard Red sox fan and every game their lose gets to me. I don't have the energy and emotion to root for this team and have them suck for three years.

Its not our fault???? Really???? Its attitudes like "we havent made the playoffs for 3 years so lets go blow $150+ million on a coke addict that hit 40 homeruns last year cause that will fix all our problems" that got us into this mess. Part of the problem is that when we were the franchise to beat in 2004 and 2007 the RedSox fanbase got watered down from true die hard fans to a whole shitload of bandwagon jumpers that starting demanding we make a splash every year because they thought we were the Yankees.

I am sorry that you had to endure 3 seasons without a playoffs but there are some RedSox fans that waited 86 years for a championship. There comes a point when you have to admit that the plan isnt working and start over for the better good of the franchise. If we followed your mentality then we might not see the playoffs for another decade.

vCash
    I am sorry that you had to endure 3 seasons without a playoffs but there are some RedSox fans that waited 86 years for a championship. There comes a point when you have to admit that the plan isnt working and start over for the better good of the franchise. If we followed your mentality then we might not see the playoffs for another decade.
    Well put.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    So they want him to take a pay cut on 2 year contract? heyman is a dope.
    Um, no. The Rangers could have offered him a two-year deal at his 2012 rate ($9.4M/yr) to come back and that would be less than half what he got from the Sox for 3yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    Oh, and Edes suggested a deal of Ells+ for Lee. That was my thinking. We get our rotation ace, space in CF for Victorino and another option to add an outfielder for either left or right field. Swisher? That might work
    Works for me. I suggested Ells-for-Lee (as centerpieces) weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    i got another hour with this paper. For those of you not in college, the Only time its sucks is basically the last 3 weeks of each semester
    Sigh. Finish your BA/BS then go get a master's and talk to me while you're writing your thesis.

Quote Originally Posted by BradytoMossTD View Post
    buster olney@buster_espn

rival official on red sox: "boston is listening on... Ellsbury and lester, but not motivated to move them unless teams overpay."

How does this go public? So basically any team knows they are overpaying for these players if the redsox accept the deal? What team would complete a trade knowing they are overpaying?
    Read more carefully: that's a RIVAL EXEC giving an OPINION. Opinions are easy to get public.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Right now Gomes is playing LF, because Ellsbury is playing CF.

Put it this way, the chances of the Red Sox signing JH are a lot less then them dealing Ellsbury in the next 7 months.
    Personally I think it's Gomes/Kalish platoon in LF with Gomes also getting some reps as an indirect replacement for Ellsbury against some LHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    There's already a lot more skepticism now over Hamilton than there was when we signed Crawford, yet some people are still in love with the idea.
    Apples and oranges. The skepticism with Crawford was based on the fact that he was essentially an older version of Ellsbury (same game) who was on record saying he disliked playing at Fenway and had stats to back up the statement (Fenway splits were poor even with the Rays). Sum that up and it comes to doubting that he'd be a good fit for the lineup. The doubts about Hamilton have nothing to do with his game translating to the park or lineup; they're all handwringing over him being able to handle the stress and potential for relapse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    I dont see the point of getting Drew. Honestly id rather give our pitching some help and use Iglesias than have Drew. I'm fairly confident they'll give their respective teams the same value this year roughly.
    Actually, given the same health and PA's, Drew is a good deal more likely to produce in hitting better then Iglesias in 2013.

Drew would be a .265/.325/.395 hitter here with a bit above average D

Iglesias would struggle to be above .225/.255/.260

No dobut that Drew would be worth a good 1.5 WAR more than Iglesias. I'm not sure that's worth the bread OTOH.

I'd say Andrus/Cabrera or bust.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    Not because it hasn't worked does not mean you shouldn't keep trying. For example Dice k didnt work out. Does that mean we should stop signing Japanese players. We just have to target the right players and not give them 7, 8 year deals.
    For the money that was posted on him I would say that it should at least make us think twice about how well this Japanesse pitcher would transition to the American game before committing 100 million to getting him.

vCash

Its not our fault???? Really???? Its attitudes like "we havent made the playoffs for 3 years so lets go blow $150+ million on a coke addict that hit 40 homeruns last year cause that will fix all our problems" that got us into this mess. Part of the problem is that when we were the franchise to beat in 2004 and 2007 the RedSox fanbase got watered down from true die hard fans to a whole shitload of bandwagon jumpers that starting demanding we make a splash every year because they thought we were the Yankees.

If you want to wait then that's fine, but with our financial situation and everything, we should be a win now team with what we have because we can be.

BTW, Josh Hamilton isn't a coke addict. He was a long time ago, but not anymore. Stop making him out to be something he isn't right now. He produces. That's what I want in my lineup.
    "Those of you who think they know everything annoy those of us that do"

Proud to be PSD's Adam McQuaid and Jarrod Saltalamacchia

vCash

So spending huge money = fail
    That's not a working formula, we didn't force Theo to spend the money on Crawford and Lackey. With the type of money, he could have gotten Holliday and Lee.
    I really can't see the coherences between spending on top tier FA's and failures. First and foremost, we didn't suck because we signed Lackey and CC all of a sudden, we stopped producing young talent and we stopped getting quality pitching, that's basically it.
    Hamilton won't stop us from contending IF we get pitching and the farm going.

It's pretty unfair to call for patience while charging the highest ticket prices in the game. If you do that, it implies that you're a top notch franchise or at least field a team that's worth spending all that money on tickets and similar stuff. It's either or, not both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post

Personally I think it's Gomes/Kalish platoon in LF with Gomes also getting some reps as an indirect replacement for Ellsbury against some LHP.
    If Kalish can stay healthy - probably so - OTOH, that's a big ?. OTOH Kalish can play some RF too, whereas Nava can't. Plus they might be trying to market Nava by giving him PA's.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    12:21pm: Dempster believes he will earn a three-year deal if other free agent pitchers like Anibal Sanchez, Kyle Lohse, and Edwin Jackson land four- or five-year deals, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
    Is he delusional?